Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times

Advertisements

Yes lets bring in some real objectivity from a hipster/transplant in the flesh whose only mission on here is to put down anyone who doesn't say areas like Ocean Hill and Far Rock are the new hot spots... yes, we are really subjective in comparison with you guys... please spare me the bull

Old 07-28-2011, 03:20 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Most perps are easier to deal with than hipsters. More fun too.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM

810 posts, read 836,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Most perps are easier to deal with than hipsters. More fun too.
I bet. Those physically 'endowed' perps are more of a turn on for you than the feeble hipsters.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:29 PM

Nine NYPD officers probed in terror-plot leaks, subpoenaed in subway bomb plan

I like the way one NYDN member wrote:

"The NYPD is falling apart. Just another sad commentary on a department that has seen cops accused of rape, cops convicted of robbing banks, cops lying in trials, ticket-fixing scandals, cops killing people while driving under the influence and the list goes on. Miraculously, all of these ignominious acts have occurred on Ray Kelly's watch. Hopefully, no one will forget this when he decides to run for mayor."

Kelly seems eerily familiar to someone else who is in power right now... let's see if NYers make the same mistake twice...

Old 07-29-2011, 07:18 AM

288 posts, read 566,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Yes lets bring in some real objectivity from a hipster/transplant in the flesh whose only mission on here is to put down anyone who doesn't say areas like Ocean Hill and Far Rock are the new hot spots... yes, we are really subjective in comparison with you guys... please spare me the bull
Again. You are talking out of your ass. You don't know anything about my origins, nor what kind of person I am. Nor have I ever advocated moving into anywhere, leave alone dumps like Far Rock. So I ask again. Can you substantiate your claims (i.e. "transplants are convinced they live in disneyworld or convince others of that to bring in more transplants") without getting defensive and making ridiculous comments that don't contribute anything to the discussion?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Kelly seems eerily familiar to someone else who is in power right now... let's see if NYers make the same mistake twice...
The interesting thing about Kelly's tenure is that although individual cops seem to be getting caught doing stupid things more often, there hasn't been any of the big scandals that were common in the 70's, 80's and 90's. The media continues trying to push this "ticket scandal", but anyone who has lived in NYC for more than a year knows that it is nothing and has been standard practice since time-immorial.

When one cop signs out for the day, gets drunk and crashes his car, whether he kills someone or not, it is viewed as a personal matter. The "cop" label is used to generate news, but the average person quickly forgets because it is not really a police related incident. When 20 cops are arrested for running a drug ring, ala Michael Dowd, people don't forget that.

Kelly hasn't had to deal with any Michael Dowd's in his 10 years.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
I bet. Those physically 'endowed' perps are more of a turn on for you than the feeble hipsters.
Hipsters are feeble, that's for sure. And annoying. I wouldn't know anything about perps' endowments, not my style.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:55 PM

@ airborneguy definitely agree with both your points and LMBO @ your last comment... I would like to point out though that it does seem as if this year we have been seeing alot of incidences and not just ticket scandals that are being reported... and as usual misplaced power has led to articles about police brutality year in and year out this year being the uruguay cup... couple years ago Italy winning the world cup... and these are big events, random incidences happen far more often...

cant mention personal situations though because I'd obviously be lying and talking out of my ***... god forbid a story on here from someone who has nothing to gain actually have some truth to it... (btw, this wasn't a comment at you airborne)

Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 PM

@ grigou, you are one of the most curious/hilarious posters on here... again as I've mentioned before it really is amazing how you criticize me so much (you're obsession kinda scares me...) about my posts having no substance meanwhile I post articles and sources on here so many different times but I can probably count on one hand the number of times you've actually said something objective with a source to back it up... and I'm probably being generous... you're posts in response to mine really hold no weight whatsoever and are nothing but a simple attempt to discredit an objective notion that doesn't support your agendas...

Old 08-03-2011, 12:48 PM

383 posts, read 1,315,569 times
Murder rate don't mean ****. Rates aint a accurate way to see how crazy and dangerous a city is. Cause LA murder rate low like NY but there are entire hoods in the city if l.a. that cops can't control. At all, and aint no southern city got any hoods as bad as the bad hoods in the chi, ny, or la. we shoot at news cameras live while police out. your not on that level in the south nowhere not even the n.o. and most of nyc murders happen in small pockets of the city. them small pockets have less people than entire southern cities, but more actual murders. i read in the news paper a few years ago that one hospital in brooklyn gets so many gun shot victims a day that the u.s. military uses it as real-time training for medics. what southern city is on that level? you seen that show they had about that other ny hospital in the bronx? every day somebody was shot and stabbed in that *****, what 1 southern hospital got that level of violence? up north period is way more wilder than the south. your towns is just so small that 1 extra murder would make your bull**** crime "rates" skyrocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City