Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You are very insulting because you just assume everyone else's God is trash and yours is the only effective one.
You are correct that I believe only in the one true God. I will take your advice not to be so pushy under consideration. I believe that the guidance I offered to the OP is sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This thread seems to have attracted it's share of malevolent spirits...Are you in any way interested in contributing anything useful to the thread?
I did. I told the OP I would send her good energy to help her get thru her psychiatric problems.

I am a giver.

Also, Bideshi, you accidentally gave me rep points when you meant to report my post. That is the 2nd time you have done that in the last few months silly-billy! Hit the triangle, not the scales.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 AM

82 posts, read 254,276 times
it's NYC, most people have roommates.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Interesting article, but NY State does have a Stigmatized Property Law.
Then please quote or link to your source. I did link to a NY Times article that says the law does not exist in NY. You did not link to anything, yet you keep claiming that you did the research and claiming that you are right and that there is a law that says a property that has a suspected ghost must be disclosed.

Maybe you are right and the NY Times is wrong, but it seems a simple matter for you to link to the source that you are reading -- no?

So please do.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Long Island is the place to be if you're interested in "the other side". They have a long history of satanism, wichcraft and the occult. From John Ketcham to Amityville to Ricky Kasso. Spooky place. Everytime I see a Dutch Colonial House I come to think of the Amityville House and the tragedy.

About Lorraine Warren and her visit to the house, she told Fox newsteam "there was a demon the most evil and powerful demon I ever encountered I will never go back there". After a couple of years she did.
You must not get out much or believe everything you see because the whole Amityville "Horror House" was a complete fake.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Then please quote or link to your source. I did link to a NY Times article that says the law does not exist in NY. You did not link to anything, yet you keep claiming that you did the research and claiming that you are right and that there is a law that says a property that has a suspected ghost must be disclosed.

Maybe you are right and the NY Times is wrong, but it seems a simple matter for you to link to the source that you are reading -- no?

So please do.
This is pretty interesting:

Realty Times - Do You See Dead People? Disclose It

Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Please save the religious debate and prior interactions with one another for the proper forum, they are off-topic in terms of this thread and forum. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
It might be interesting, but I still don't see any law that says a landlord must disclose reports of ghosts. Where is the law? As far as I can see, there isn't one.

What the court case you linked to says is if you go around for years (as a property owner) bragging about how your house is full of ghosts and you report it to mainstream publications like the Readers Digest, and then you do not disclose THAT information to the buyer, then you can have a ruling against you and have a sale fall through when the buyers discover the Reader's Digest article later and sue you for their deposit back.

Show me a law that says in NYC a tenant can get out of a lease or is legally entitled to a rent reduction because of a possible ghost. So far I haven't seen any evidence that law exists.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
I did. I told the OP I would send her good energy to help her get thru her psychiatric problems.

I am a giver.

Also, Bideshi, you accidentally gave me rep points when you meant to report my post. That is the 2nd time you have done that in the last few months silly-billy! Hit the triangle, not the scales.
This is one of the reasons I love CD. I literally laughed out loud! Thanks, I needed that.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:58 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
You must not get out much or believe everything you see because the whole Amityville "Horror House" was a complete fake.
Yes, the house in the movies Amityville 1-3 were not shot on location at the actual DeFeo residence they were shot in Toms River, NJ.

The real Amityville six homicide house at 112 Ocean Ave. looks even creepier!

The whole haunting theory made up by George and Kathy Lutz was a hoax but the murders were sadly true and the theory that Ronnies sister Dawn helped out with the killings makes sense before Ronnie finally blew her LSD soaked head off with the Marlin rifle.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 02-10-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City