Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,151,814 times

Advertisements

Has anyone saw this video on Fox? Absurd. Guy making 100k for 11 years for not teaching.

Parting gift for disgraced teacher - Fox News Video - Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,801,634 times
Ah, the "Rubber-rooms" of NYC! Only in New york can we find such a foolisha way to support teachers...
to the point where they will assign you to a waiting room of teachers who have disgraced themselves beyond reason, sexual deviates, game players,
abusive educators, every sort of misfit who latched onto the public tit and bit down hard! I often go to bed ashamed of what our educational system
has become. my taxes buy pencils for kids from Mexico, there is no one there to fight for us slobs who pay for their every indulgence. When is the state
government going to wise up?, To rise up? When will we, the long-term resident, the taxpaying slob who goes to work each day, just to cover our bills,
ever get that break? The chance to stuff a few acorns into our own nests? I'm absolutely sick of it, our diapered politicians, the scummy lot who have
sold us down the river, the inept congressmen who jockey for position only at election time, the bum senators who revile their office by dictating to us,
the American people, just what their agenda will be,to serve us as long as they get their pay. I could continue my tirade for paragraphs more, but deep
within my heart, I know that it would be futile to strike-back at the system, another exercise in nothingness.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM

398 posts, read 838,411 times
Watch the documentary film "Waiting for Superman". It shows how many teachers are on disciplinary action and are sent to a building to just sit around all day, not teaching, but getting paid full salary.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,384,015 times
And this is why there is such a backlash against Unions across the country, and now in Europe. They are doing it to themselves.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 AM

824 posts, read 2,792,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
And this is why there is such a backlash against Unions across the country, and now in Europe. They are doing it to themselves.
My favorite was the Wisconsin unions yelling "raise my taxes!". Not a joke, they meant it. They know that raised taxes will go to increase their salaries and benefits and pensions, not to you and I.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,619,609 times
Of course it's also true that contracts are arrived at via negotiation. Nobody forces management for them. Not very different from basketball players signing contracts for $150 million. You ask for what you want, and if you get it--hallelujah. It's second guessing to approach the issue otherwise.

And, of course, anyone who takes Fox News to be the standard for journalism is wearing some pretty strange-colored glasses.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,909,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
It's not all the unions.
Of course "faux" news likes to focus on one bad apple and decry all unions as the 'enemies' of the tax payer and the common worker.
There are things that need to be changed, but trying to demonize them all is not fair nor accurate.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,384,015 times
I am not assigning blame here..but I am saying that these examples are causing the backlash we see across the US and now Europe.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM

142 posts, read 259,896 times
At least the rubber rooms get some deviants and awful teachers away from the kids. The alternative would be to let them keep doing damage while trying to get rid of them, or end up paying out even bigger lawsuits now and again.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM

142 posts, read 259,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
my taxes buy pencils for kids from Mexico, there is no one there to fight for us slobs who pay for their every indulgence.
Travesty, it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City