Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,861,937 times

Advertisements

To the OP, get over yourself. Do you really think every White woman pushing a stroller is the babie's mother in Central Park and other upscale areas? Stop walking around the city if it bothers you so much. People have their own agendas and they are not walking around thinking about you. Let alone thinking so deeply about you that they are lumping you in with another person, in their thoughts.

This thread is ridiculous.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 PM

54 posts, read 65,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I said NANNIES and MAIDS.

I was referring to what the BLACK AMERICAN FEMALE OP was talking about.
I agree with you, it's primarily (99.9% Carib and African women). Black American women typically have no interest in working as nannies/housekeepers for upper middle class/wealthy white families. I think some would be willing to do it for an upper middle class/wealthy black family, because it wouldn't carry any stigma.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:51 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
I agree with you, it's primarily (99.9% Carib and African women). Black American women typically have no interest in working as nannies/housekeepers for upper middle class/wealthy white families. I think some would be willing to do it for an upper middle class/wealthy black family, because it wouldn't carry any stigma.
Actually, that's not true. I have seen Black American women wipe the butts of old people in nursing home, work in daycare rents, mop the floor as janitors, etc. Plenty of Black American women do work that in your mind carries whatever stigma.

And you know that. You were just trolling when you started this thread. And again, stop presuming to speak for African Americans. You don't.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennieboom View Post
the thread starter get me mad as hell!

she too fresh
Dude, you do realize she was TROLLING, don't you?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I really don't see the difference between the two. Its not like commercial domestic duties (Daycare, Nursing Home, Janitorial) pay a vastly superior sum over PERSONAL housekeeping/caretaking duties. The OP was ridiculous in trying to claim Black American women are better for not doing personal caretaking services, when they do it on a commercial basis (Daycares, Nursing Home, Janitorial). She's just trolling.
There is a difference. When a person works as a nanny/maid, they are hired help and work directly for the family, while those who work in nursing homes, are employed by a company, organization or corporation.

A large number of black American and white American women rarely socialize with each other, outside of work functions. I think this is mostly due to historical reasons.

BTW, I was not trolling. I created this thread out of frustration, because I dislike seeing so many women of African descent working as nannies/servants.

I do not look down on these women, I just wish there were other "legal" opportunities available to them.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
There is a difference. When a person works as a nanny/maid, they are hired help and work directly for the family, while those who work in nursing homes, are employed by a company, organization or corporation.

A large number of black American and white American women rarely socialize with each other, outside of work functions. I think this is mostly due to historical reasons.

BTW, I was not trolling. I created this thread out of frustration, because I dislike seeing so many women of African descent working as nannies/servants.

I do not look down on these women, I just wish there were other "legal" opportunities available to them.
You've no means of providing other legal opportunities for them. You constantly belittle them, even though Black American women do similarly low skilled work. You actually being antagonistic towards them, and you have the nerve to try and claim you're concerned about them as Black women. You are a disgrace to all Black women, for attacking ANY woman like this when you have completely no solution for them job wise. You don't care that they are providing for their own families by doing domestic work and some of them are sending their children to college. No, you're so full of hatred and venom you want to declare yourself superior to them. You make an artificial distinction between being paid for by a family and being paid for a bigger employer for some bizarre reason (when there's little if any difference in pay).

Even where everyone is the same race, women (and men) work as servants.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:07 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
and that is the problem with some of you African American folk, yall think every little job is below you all thats why a lot of yall are unemployed on the welfare system while the immigrants, Mexicans, West Indians grab up the work.

if you all think that we caribbean people should do certain jobs then you African Americans should start businesses and provide employment for us, until then you will see caribbean women being nannies for white people.

and if you dont like it, post in the newspaper.
I have a friend from the Anglophone Caribbean whose parents told her never to a job as a waitress or a menial job simply because they worked hard and came too far for her to do that type of work.

This might be true in some instances and opinions, but I have known plenty of immigrants and children of immigrants who refuse to do low skilled jobs.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:09 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You've no means of providing other legal opportunities for them. You constantly belittle them, even though Black American women do similarly low skilled work. You actually being antagonistic towards them, and you have the nerve to try and claim you're concerned about them as Black women. You are a disgrace to all Black women, for attacking ANY woman like this when you have completely no solution for them job wise. You don't care that they are providing for their own families by doing domestic work and some of them are sending their children to college. No, you're so full of hatred and venom you want to declare yourself superior to them. You make an artificial distinction between being paid for by a family and being paid for a bigger employer for some bizarre reason (when there's little if any difference in pay).

Even where everyone is the same race, women (and men) work as servants.
Right on target.

Yes, some people on this forum really do hate black people.

and yes!! many people only assume that immigrants do low skilled work.

The OP might have an inferiority complex.

Last edited by Relaxx; 03-01-2014 at 09:17 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
and that is the problem with some of you African American folk, yall think every little job is below you all thats why a lot of yall are unemployed on the welfare system while the immigrants, Mexicans, West Indians grab up the work.

if you all think that we caribbean people should do certain jobs then you African Americans should start businesses and provide employment for us, until then you will see caribbean women being nannies for white people.

and if you dont like it, post in the newspaper.
Actually, Klassy mentioned that she is educated and doing quite well. Obviously, working as a nanny is certainly below her skills and qualifications. It's also below my skills and qualifications, because I also have a graduate degree, and ample experience in financial management/accounting. I have never been unemployed, because my skills are in high demand and extremely marketable.

Also, I've already stated that we are not the same. Stop thinking that just because a person has brown skin and they are African American that they are project dwellers, lazy and on welfare. Those are impoverished individuals, not middle/upper income black people.

Again, I am not in competition with illegal immigrants or those who are not highly skilled.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I'm always surprised to see how gentle and patient they are with the children and the calm, kind tone of voice the Black nannies use with the children of the White families they're employed by. When you see the average Black women in public with her children, especially in urban areas and the inner-cities, the language and tone she uses is so harsh, indignant, loathing, threatening, impatient, and often filled with profanity (even Caribbean women). I have not witnessed this among African women, though. Just seeing that behavior in public among many African-American and Caribbean women, it surprises me that any White woman would trust and hire a Black woman to be her nanny. I always think to myself why can't Black women treat their own children in the manner they treat the White children of the families they work for. It would benefit the entire Black community if they did.
Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City