Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
I am not speaking for American Americans, however, I think I'm on point, when I say that most African American women, generally have no interest in being the hired "help" in a white woman's household.

But I understand that the experiences of Carib, African and African American women are vastly different.
Yes but do you understand that two Caribbean women could also have vastly different experiences?

The same goes for two African American or African women.

Quote:
It would be fine if there were an equal number of "Claire Huxtables" in the park, on the opposite bench, but the fact is, it's usually just the nannies. When people walk by and see them caring for white children, they begin to subconsciously equate black women with servitude.

Some people do not understand the larger picture and the resulting ramifications.
I understand the original posters THOUGHTS and why she feels that way.

But if no one can give these women superior jobs then they shouldn't be complaining.

Say for instance if a groups of black men had been in the park performing jazz music. Many people make money this way. I bet she would still get offended.

But again they would not have been saying "Gee, lets see who gets offended today."

12,340 posts, read 26,124,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Is ForumFolly the female poster that used to live in NYC but got a better paying professional job in Atlanta or Wash DC and moved away? (That's all I can remember about her at the moment).
Exactly what I was thinking. She can claim to live elsewhere or be someone else now, but her posts reek of that other screen name, whatever it was. Actually, she had two of them, and when confronted on having two accounts, she claimed to have forgotten what her first screen name was and had "lost access to the email that was associated with that account" or some such BS. This is probably more of the same.

54 posts, read 65,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
If it pays more money than your other options than who really freaking cares (other than you)? There are just as many white woman and Asian women doing these jobs as black women. Why should black woman be the only ones expected to feel like they should be turning down these jobs? You could take the words African American and women out of your sentence and it would probably still hold true.
White and Asian women are not stereotyped in the same manner as black women.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
So what? Again, the bottom line is you have no other jobs for these women! Mind your business. In fact, you're acting like a stereotype right now. That of a ghetto Black woman who can't mind her business.

No Black woman with any class or education would spout the nonsense you have on this forum. So I doubt you're a professional. You're probably poorer than these maids you insult.

I've never met an accomplished Black woman who felt shame in the work that any other woman does for work. Maybe if you lost the attitude those white families would let you clean their floor, and you'd get to talk to those nice Caribbean ladies in the park, instead of sulking in the bushes.

What another woman does for work has nothing to do with you!

Old 03-01-2014, 09:56 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. She can claim to live elsewhere or be someone else now, but her posts reek of that other screen name, whatever it was. Actually, she had two of them, and when confronted on having two accounts, she claimed to have forgotten what her first screen name was and had "lost access to the email that was associated with that account" or some such BS. This is probably more of the same.
Yes, why not call her out by her name? I'd do so if I remembered the name. She was the one who insisted all poor Blacks should move to the South.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
So these women are supposed to turn down an honest dollar doing what they may actually enjoy doing for a living, because they are bothered by what you are thinking? Again, get over yourself?
I just wish they were in a less visible place, like the Midwest, and not in the heart of NYC for all to see.

Just imagine if the people from Appalachia relocated to NYC. I doubt that many whites would welcome such public displays of white poverty.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,124,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, why not call her out by her name? I'd do so if I remembered the name. She was the one who insisted all poor Blacks should move to the South.
I can't remember either of her names and am too lazy to look it up (too much effort for a troll)

Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,311,220 times
Quote:
Didn't someone already stereotype Asian women on this thread as going around with shopping carts filled with cans and bottles that they collected out of other peoples trash? Pretty sh!tty stereotype if you ask me.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So what? Again, the bottom line is you have no other jobs for these women! Mind your business. In fact, you're acting like a stereotype right now. That of a ghetto Black woman who can't mind her business.

No Black woman with any class or education would spout the nonsense you have on this forum. So I doubt you're a professional. You're probably poorer than these maids you insult.

I've never met an accomplished Black woman who felt shame in the work that any other woman does for work. Maybe if you lost the attitude those white families would let you clean their floor, and you'd get to talk to those nice Caribbean ladies in the park, instead of sulking in the bushes.

What another woman does for work has nothing to do with you!
Your post doesn't deserve a response.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,414 times
Quote:
I just wish they were in a less visible place, like the Midwest, and not in the heart of NYC for all to see.

Just imagine if the people from Appalachia relocated to NYC. I doubt that many whites would welcome such public displays of white poverty.
I think your a bit insecure.

But don't worry. Lots of people are.

Very exemplary of how people feel about themselves and others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City