Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 03:06 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
Three hot meals a day, basket ball, tv, exercise equipment, showers, temprature controlled jail cells, clothing, building maintenance, staff salary, real estate taxes and whatnot, ALL costs money. Yes, that's tax payers money. And this money is not always sufficient, so they think in terms of cost in dollars - "If we keep him in jail, THIS much dollars in expense. If we release him, ZERO dollars".

Now imagine this guy is sent to jail for 20 odd years, the mother of that innocent dead child will pay taxes to feed this guy in jail.
If they're letting these psychos out early to save money then at least there's some logic to their decisions. But if they're letting them out because some nut-job psychiatrist claims they're no longer a threat then the system is totally wacked. It's good to hear that the parole officer in this case has some common sense. She should get a promotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 03:24 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,449 times
If bullets were bought for all the thug animals that deserve them, we could probably drop that cost a few cents bc of the bulk amount we'd be buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Now imagine a .45-.60 cent .45ACP bullet traveling through his mostly worthless grey matter, saving society hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of dollars in mere fractions of a second. Wouldn't that be nice?

Old 06-08-2014, 03:38 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Good point! The .45-.60 cent price range is for 50 rd boxes that I buy a few at a time. I'm sure the Department of Expedited Capital Punishment would pay far less.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 PM

335 posts, read 504,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
Three hot meals a day, basket ball, tv, exercise equipment, showers, temprature controlled jail cells, clothing, building maintenance, staff salary, real estate taxes and whatnot, ALL costs money. Yes, that's tax payers money. And this money is not always sufficient, so they think in terms of cost in dollars - "If we keep him in jail, THIS much dollars in expense. If we release him, ZERO dollars".

Now imagine this guy is sent to jail for 20 odd years, the mother of that innocent dead child will pay taxes to feed this guy in jail.
The mother of the child who died has a multi-million $$ lawsuit so I'm sure she won't care where the taxes go. She will most likely sue the city and NY State. Apparently, there is also a father but I'm not sure if the parents are together.

However, OUR taxes will be contributing to St. Hubert's maintenance.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times
Quote:
Good point! The .45-.60 cent price range is for 50 rd boxes that I buy a few at a time. I'm sure the Department of Expedited Capital Punishment would pay far less.
That really has a nice ring to it!

Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 PM

424 posts, read 594,225 times
Quote:
The lack of a death penalty in NY means that incidents like this will happen from time to time. The fact that liberals do not have the stomach for permanently removing "people" from society who cannot function normally creates situations such as this one where known murderous animals are returned to the streets to once again wreak havoc on the people liberals scream and yell most about protecting.
This reply is stupid. I'm a liberal and I support the death penalty...

Old 06-08-2014, 10:06 PM

"Editorial: State Failed By Releasing Mentally Ill Ex-Convict"

State failed by releasing mentally ill ex-con - Editorial - Newsday

"These horrors were not unpredictable. St. Hubert was in prison for trying to strangle his mom with an electrical cord. While imprisoned, he attacked a female correction officer. He had been treated with mandatory therapy for years behind bars. But by the time his sentence was finished, he had not been cited for violent behavior in more than a year, according to reports. So he was permitted to leave custody with no mental health safety net.

Officials could have moved to have him confined involuntarily in a psychiatric institution. Or they could have sought a court order for outpatient treatment under Kendra's Law. But they didn't. The state owes us a tough inquiry into what happened and why. St. Hubert was left untreated, and the public was left unprotected. Shameful."

Full editorial at link.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:14 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
This reply is stupid. I'm a liberal and I support the death penalty...
I commend you for that. But don't deny that the majority of death penalty opposition comes from your side.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:48 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,598 times
Quote:
The lack of a death penalty in NY means that incidents like this will happen from time to time. The fact that liberals do not have the stomach for permanently removing "people" from society who cannot function normally creates situations such as this one where known murderous animals are returned to the streets to once again wreak havoc on the people liberals scream and yell most about protecting.
Haha. The funny thing is the very same liberals who are anti-death penalty for criminals are pro-abortion aka ok with killing babies. And don't get it twisted, yes its a baby, a living human in the mother's stomach. Proven fact. Talk about being a hypocrite. Thats liberals for ya.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 PM

"Accused Brooklyn Ripper Terrorizing Psych Ward Staff"

Accused ‘Brooklyn Ripper’ terrifying psych ward staff | New York Post

From the article:

Daniel St. Hubert has been threatening to beat up cops and hospital workers since being taken in for evaluation last week, sources told The Post on Sunday.

“Any hospital staff that have to deal with him are very nervous around him,” said a Bellevue source. “They are on high alert.

“He is extremely hostile and accepts no responsibility for anything,” the source said, adding that his colleagues describe the alleged killer as a “menacing brute” with “a bad look in his eyes.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City