Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 05:54 AM

712 posts, read 771,232 times

Advertisements

I want to feel that next week is the week we hear. That would be the middle of the month, maybe we should wait more til the end of the month by that time if we don't hear than we should start inquiring.
This is getting to be ridiculous, July has got to be the month this starts to move. This is the most stressful situation I have been in, I wish that they would just reach out without us having to run behind them, at least I would feel as we haven't be forgotten.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:45 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,001 times
So I got a call from Breaking Ground today, and my heart stopped, but it was just the assistant leasing director returning my voicemail I left last month (June 13) asking about status. I asked about the status of the building, she confirmed they were waiting on the Certificate of Occupancy. Nothing new here.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:49 AM

275 posts, read 256,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFre220 View Post
This would work for me because I will be starting John Jay in the Fall of 2018. I can walk to school. I'm in the run for a 2 BR. I live in a one bedroom, 5th floor walk up (Family of 5), but it is rent controlled, so no complaints at all. Roof over our heads, regardless.

My babies are getting bigger and space is not so good anymore. If this falls through, We'll stay put and keep trying as I did when I got denied for 21 West End. I don't want to leave the city that raised me but the rents are ridiculous for a family of my size.

Thank goodness we have a lot of love in our house, though I have been mooned far more times than I like by my sons. Need space
LOL! That's great about going to John Jay. What a great situation that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
So I got a call from Breaking Ground today, and my heart stopped, but it was just the assistant leasing director returning my voicemail I left last month (June 13) asking about status. I asked about the status of the building, she confirmed they were waiting on the Certificate of Occupancy. Nothing new here.
And now you made my heart stop! I guess that covers us for checking in this week and next. Like New Light said, I'm hoping we hear something next week, but if not, we should definitely nominate someone to check again the week after haha!

Old 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
And now you made my heart stop! I guess that covers us for checking in this week and next. Like New Light said, I'm hoping we hear something next week, but if not, we should definitely nominate someone to check again the week after haha!
One thing I forgot to ask that I wanted to know is whether they would be scheduling viewings soon regardless of the C of O? They don't need a C of O to have viewings or assign people to a unit. It would make me feel a lot better if they told me I was assigned to a particular unit pending the C of O and approval by HPD/compliance.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:04 AM

275 posts, read 256,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
One thing I forgot to ask that I wanted to know is whether they would be scheduling viewings soon regardless of the C of O? They don't need a C of O to have viewings or assign people to a unit. It would make me feel a lot better if they told me I was assigned to a particular unit pending the C of O and approval by HPD/compliance.
Call them back, haha!

Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM

At this point you don't know what to say or do, just wait.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:32 AM

Walked by the building again last night (I do it about once a week now haha) and it seems to be getting closer to a liveable state. The lights were on in almost all of the apartments which could indicate that they are ready for viewing. The entrance to the affordable building looks close to being ready, and I could have walked right up to the entrance but didn't want to risk getting in trouble. It's still boarded but you can walk up to the entrance through the passageway.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:35 AM

WOW!! You made my day. I feel,in my bones that it will be any day now. Was the street paved?

Old 07-08-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
WOW!! You made my day. I feel,in my bones that it will be any day now. Was the street paved?
Which street? The street to the west of the building looks pretty finished. You can walk on it, it's not boarded up.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:15 PM

I just have in and drove down to the building. Freedom Place is the street that I was wondering if it had been paved. Not yet, but I love the wide width of the street and the entrance set back. There has bee a lot of work done, the spaces next to the entrance have doors and it is looking good. I also saw lights on. Any day, they took the boards off the end of FP on the 59th St side. Is it time to be optimistic on a move in soon? It's a beautiful building and I feel
Like it is home. What a great location when all is said and done. I hope they reach out before the 28th. I will be away until Aug 6th( don't want to miss the call, when it comes) All, have a great
weekend and just hold on.i
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery