Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times

Advertisements

The Bronx is Dying: Murders Are Up By 92% This Year - Welcome2TheBronx

Removing stop and frisk seems to be taking it's toll in the Bronx. Took longer than I thought, but... well here we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,402,316 times
Im going to wait till September to see how much value this increase holds!

Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Stop and frisk has been "gone" for years now

Old 06-26-2018, 08:38 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
The Bronx is Dying: Murders Are Up By 92% This Year - Welcome2TheBronx

Removing stop and frisk seems to be taking it's toll in the Bronx. Took longer than I thought, but... well here we are.
Time to hire some precogs and set up precrime unit.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Stop and frisk has been "gone" for years now
Correct but Crime was never going to go back up overnight, these things take time. It's time.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:44 PM

954 posts, read 939,748 times
Bronx is surpising but Queens up 30%?!?

WTH

Old 06-26-2018, 08:56 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times
What's disturbing is 1) this increase has been for a few months now, 2) It's occurring in the usual precincts, which may be a sign of a larger crime wave in it's beginning stages, 3) just checking other stats, there's an increase of street crime in Manhattan, which means general criminal activity is rising.

This has nothing to do with Stop and Frisk. That was just a means of harassing young Black and Latino men for being such. I have nothing against stops when people are doing something suspicious, but had that practice continued the way it was during Bloomberg's third term we could very well have seen civil unrest (Crime was rising during the time of peak Stop and Frisk).

Bring Bratton back. He both knew how to quell crime as well as work with communities. Also, it's time for the NYPD to get back to hiring again. Get people off desks and onto street beats.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

This has nothing to do with Stop and Frisk.
You base this on what? Your feelings?

Stop and frisk took many weapons off the streets, that's a fact.

If one of these perps who were carrying knives and machetes were randomly stopped by a cop while he was just "chillin ain't doin nuthin", the machete and/or knives would have been found and the kid arrested before they could have killed this poor innocent soul. But everyone cries "racism" so it must be racist to stop and frisk criminals.

Were 100% innocent inner city youths stopped and frisked for no reason? Absolutely. But after a cursory check of their ID and a quick frisk, cops were on their way. Took 5 minutes. Problem is that the whole "racist" narrative took over. I have been stopped by police and thank them for checking on me. I don't live in lala land, I know that many people who look and dress like me commit crimes, so of course I get stopped once in a while, no big deal. Too many people are soft and like having drama whenever police get involved. They are just trying to keep my neighborhood safe dummies.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:07 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Whatever

I'm over it

Ppl have been getting killed in this city for over a hundred years

Now ya'll wanna ask why

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-26-2018, 09:20 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times
Quote:
You base this on what? Your feelings?

Stop and frisk took many weapons off the streets, that's a fact.
NYPD cops seized nearly 400 guns during stop-and-frisk encounters in past year, lowest tally since 2003 - NY Daily News

NYPD stop-and-frisk policy yielded 4.4 million detentions but few results: study - NY Daily News

I am very pro-police, pro-NYPD but not pro-profiling. If for anything, Police Officers are the victims of a stupid quota system and reactionary politicians that would rather gin up numbers to show they're doing something rather than do what's really necessary to drive down crime which is to hire more officers and build relationships with the community.

Quote:
"chillin ain't doin nuthin"
No one is interested in the Archie Bunker narrative anymore. If you're genuinely concerned about these communities I'm sure you'd be more than willing to donate your time to working at a Bronx Boys and Girls club or maybe volunteering at a mentorship program for some of the at risk youth. If you're not contributing to the solution then don't complain about the problem.

BTW, the 2nd Amendment is supposed to protect the right to bear arms, and I wish NY's politicians would get the memo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City