Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 PM

59 posts, read 232,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post
lol....!! thats funny but not the same! not like shes getting lesbians hitting on her. i shake in my boots if that really happened though.

i had a gay manager a couple years back. we joked around sometimes. cool guy. But one day he said dont worry your not my type. for some reason i sat there and thought about it. i asked what the hell you mean im not your type. whats with wrong with me. whats makes you so special...lol.

YouTube - American Pie 3 - Stifler in Gay Bar Scene

Fast forward to 1:45 into the video....

Old 07-27-2008, 05:35 PM

205 posts, read 507,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBronxite View Post

YouTube - American Pie 3 - Stifler in Gay Bar Scene

Fast forward to 1:45 into the video....
LOL...thats a good one.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:53 PM

536 posts, read 2,349,007 times
My girlfriend keeps complaining to me about catcalling, I tell her to wear looser clothes and half of that would be gone. she then yells at me for telling her what to wear. Ugh... women. Anyway, now I think the only reason she complains to me about catcalling so much (or how much she gets hit on by her co-workers, etc) is to remind me that for once in my life I got a catch... damn.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:38 PM

663 posts, read 1,864,064 times
I don't see anything wrong with men getting physical (brushing by a lady on a crowded train/bus) or gazing up and down. Normal, healthy men are going to do these things whenever possibly, if I may say so myself.

I am involve with a female, but I can't expect her to satisfy me 24/7. So, my view is that I can take liberties with other women (that are within the bounds, such as accidently making contact and apologizing later) in order to satisfy myself. And in Manhattan this can be done without ramifications.

Women shouldn't be so girlish and sensitive in places such as NYC. Catcalling and staring are facts of life in any major city of the world. Places such as Vegas are small towns really.

Men are also expected to protect women, pay for their meals, buy them gifts etc. These are also facts of life.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:30 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
I don't see anything wrong with men getting physical (brushing by a lady on a crowded train/bus) or gazing up and down. Normal, healthy men are going to do these things whenever possibly, if I may say so myself.

I am involve with a female, but I can't expect her to satisfy me 24/7. So, my view is that I can take liberties with other women (that are within the bounds, such as accidently making contact and apologizing later) in order to satisfy myself. And in Manhattan this can be done without ramifications.

Women shouldn't be so girlish and sensitive in places such as NYC. Catcalling and staring are facts of life in any major city of the world. Places such as Vegas are small towns really.

Men are also expected to protect women, pay for their meals, buy them gifts etc. These are also facts of life.
So it'd be OK if your daughter/mother/girlfriend/wife were 'brushed' by a complete stranger? Would they be acting 'girlish and sensitive?'

Men are no longer necessary to 'protect women' nor to ante up for their meals. And gifts are optional and go both ways now.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:01 AM

44 posts, read 178,359 times
name calling on the streets of nyc is really disrespectful towards women don't you think?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM

1,409 posts, read 5,250,356 times
Quote:

You brush me, I slap you. The end.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:38 AM

274 posts, read 1,108,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysocks View Post
My girlfriend keeps complaining to me about catcalling, I tell her to wear looser clothes and half of that would be gone. she then yells at me for telling her what to wear. Ugh... women. Anyway, now I think the only reason she complains to me about catcalling so much (or how much she gets hit on by her co-workers, etc) is to remind me that for once in my life I got a catch... damn.
You are quickly learning the wise and wily ways of women.

Just tell her out of the blue, the interesting conversation you had with your smart, new co-worker. Use the word "she" at the end.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 AM

274 posts, read 1,108,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post

Men are no longer necessary to 'protect women' nor to ante up for their meals.
Men are no longer necessary? Come again?

The last time I checked, most of the cops, fireMEN, paramedics, security guards, bouncers, and doorMEN who help you safely go about your business were men.

I wonder what percentage of women who are victims of violent crimes were targeted because there were no males around?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,391 times
Quote:

This post creeped me out. Looking at a women is fine. Brushing up against them to "satisfy yourself" is gross. Are you so hard up you need to brush up against random women in subways??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City