Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,468 times

Advertisements

WOW. This is all so true. I just got back from New York and it was a really nice place but a lot of the guys really creeped me out.

I am FAR from a racist, but yes, the ones who were outright disgusting were all Hispanic males. For the love of God, a lot of guys were even checking out my little 16 year old brother! Are these creeps all this sexually depressed?

Cat calls, disgusting stares, brushing. The most memorable was two guys following me, cat calling from behind and I met him underground and tried my best to ignore him and pretend I was on the phone, they looked at me with the perverted comments and one of the freaks looked at my 16 year old brother's butt up and down (who really does look 16) and was like "BABY YOU FINE TOO, BUT YOUR SISTER IS FINER". Just nasty.

Why does this only happen in New York? I know NYC is a walking city but this doesn't happen anywhere near as much in London or Paris. There seems to be a lot of perverts in NYC.

Last edited by ALAIA; 07-29-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAIA View Post
WOW. This is all so true. I just got back from New York and it was a really nice place but a lot of the guys really creeped me out.

I am FAR from a racist, but yes, the ones who were outright disgusting were all Hispanic males. For the love of God, a lot of guys were even checking out my little 16 year old brother! Are these creeps all this sexually depressed?

Cat calls, disgusting stares, brushing. The most memorable was two guys following me, cat calling from behind and I met him underground and tried my best to ignore him and pretend I was on the phone, they looked at me with the perverted comments and one of the freaks looked at my 16 year old brother (who really does look 16) behind up and down and was like "BABY YOU FINE TOO, BUT YOUR SISTER IS FINER". Just nasty.

Why does this only happen in New York? I know NYC is a walking city but this doesn't happen anywhere near as much in London or Paris. There seems to be a lot of perverts in NYC.
I dunno, the same thing happened to me when traveling to Cleveland and Atlanta... and it was more aggressive.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:29 PM

98 posts, read 113,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Not necessarily. I've gotten ALOT of girls by "acting like a dog."
By "girls", I'm assuming you mean hood rats.

Bravo.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAIA View Post

Cat calls, disgusting stares, brushing. The most memorable was two guys following me, cat calling from behind and I met him underground and tried my best to ignore him and pretend I was on the phone, they looked at me with the perverted comments and one of the freaks looked at my 16 year old brother's butt up and down (who really does look 16) and was like "BABY YOU FINE TOO, BUT YOUR SISTER IS FINER". Just nasty.

This is hard to believe and a little over the top. Two dudes were checking u and your BROTHER out. NYC aint that bad

Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal elite View Post
By "girls", I'm assuming you mean hood rats.

Bravo.
Nice. So do you pass judgement on everyone you dont know?

Bravo.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:52 PM

730 posts, read 2,888,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewarmer View Post
Unfortunately ladies..I am one of the dreaded pervs that you face on the train. Yes I will stare...and on occasion, if I can get away with it, a little friendly "accidental brushing up against." It's not a big deal...it is once in awhile..and harmless..just let me finish and we can all move in. Welcome to NY! =)

And just for the record..I think the girls do like the catcalls...deep down...you know you do!
eeeeeeewwwwwwww grooooosss!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
Girls - time for us to befriend and start traveling with a great big muscular transvestitie who can give back the same to those who think we don't mind this stuff.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM

98 posts, read 113,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Nice. So do you pass judgement on everyone you dont know?

Bravo.
From what I gather from your posts, they are indeed hoodrats.

Only hoodrats would be flattered by the ghetto cat-calls.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
This is hard to believe and a little over the top. Two dudes were checking u and your BROTHER out. NYC aint that bad
It's very true and I didn't want to believe it either. I'm not saying New York is so bad, because I probably saw hundreds of thousands during my week stay and I ran into maybe 10 true pervs, so .001% of the population but it was still scary. And yes, one of the guys was making sick comments to my brother while the other one was just smirking/laughing.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM

40 posts, read 30,456 times
Its NYC..why would you expect anything different? If you want the London/Paris experience..you should go to London/Paris! In NYC you can have the most exclusive, high end experience in the world..as well as the worst...and everything in between...which is what makes it so great. It is certianly not for everyone, and yes if you are cute and the train is packed I will accidentally brush up against you..but consider it a "welcome to the city." Everyone is happy..you get the NY experience and I get my money's worth out of my metrocard.... yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City