Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,938 times

Advertisements

Heck show me that 250k home..I am an hour north of the city..with two girls (one more on the way)---and am looking for my desperate housewife neighborhood.and shoot..I am indian asian too! I totally fit the bill of Cary, NC

Old 07-13-2007, 02:45 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
Heck show me that 250k home..I am an hour north of the city..with two girls (one more on the way)---and am looking for my desperate housewife neighborhood.and shoot..I am indian asian too! I totally fit the bill of Cary, NC
Well you can always play the NY Lotto for tomorrows drawing and that'll take care of the financials

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Old 07-15-2007, 04:01 AM

7 posts, read 24,364 times
Yes, ugly people are everywhere (Bay Ridge, Harlem etc). But NYer don't you see that the question you asked only points to the ugliness in NC. Why should the black family have to purchase a home in the new development if they preferred a historic neighborhood and home? Purchasing in the new development does not make the ugliness disappear -- it just creates a false sense of harmony for some -- while others are forced to deal with the conflicts of living with "not-so-welcoming" neighbors.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Anyone thinking of moving to thge South?
read the posts on the following thread:
Rebel Flags, Gun Racks, Primered Camaros.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:25 PM

3 posts, read 9,665 times
really scary!!!!many of my friends have told me not to move to nc because of racism ( we are hispanics but basically grew up in long island ny, we are both professionals-dental student and dental hygienist- but many of my coworkers tell me that it doesn't matter just the fact of lookimg hispanics puts you on a lower level and make you feel out of place, I never believed what they were saying but k now I am really scare of moving to nc, we are actually in the process of buying a house in concord and I don't know if I am going to feel comfortable and if my kids are going to feel comfortable in school

Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 AM

17 posts, read 78,479 times
If you can find me one listing of a NEW house with FIVE bedrooms in Cary for under $400k.

Yo, maybe people should think about not having so many kids :-) then they wouldn't need five bedrooms.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:42 PM

121 posts, read 382,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia12 View Post
really scary!!!!many of my friends have told me not to move to nc because of racism ( we are hispanics but basically grew up in long island ny, we are both professionals-dental student and dental hygienist- but many of my coworkers tell me that it doesn't matter just the fact of lookimg hispanics puts you on a lower level and make you feel out of place, I never believed what they were saying but k now I am really scare of moving to nc, we are actually in the process of buying a house in concord and I don't know if I am going to feel comfortable and if my kids are going to feel comfortable in school

woahh, nelly. Really, this should not even be a concern. There are so many people of all types of backgrounds. I mean, from whatever stories you are hearing, any nationality wouldn't want to be caught in a dark country road with a crazed lunatic redneck. However, that could happen in any state and really people need to give NC a break. It is what it is, the new melting pot, boom town. Where life is affordable and everyone you meet is not from there. Seriously, you will not have any problems being Hispanic and living in Concord. Don't even think about that one! I know!

Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,607 times
What the all the southerners who are getting so full of themselves about the fact that so many NYers are moving there haven't grasped is that all those Yankees are simply going to turn NC into SNY (South New York) only with nicer winter weather! After that, we'll lay claim to an unsuspecting western state and when all done, that NY attitude everyone hates will permeate the country !

Why do you think the rest of the world refers to Americans as "Yankees"?

"Ya'all want a Long Island Ice Tea with them there grits and sushi roll?"

Last edited by Fallingwater79; 07-31-2007 at 06:45 PM..

Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
What the all the southerners who are getting so full of themselves about the fact that so many NYers are moving there haven't grasped is that all those Yankees are simply going to turn NC into SNY (South New York) only with nicer winter weather! After that, we'll lay claim to an unsuspecting western state and when all done, that NY attitude everyone hates will permeate the country !

Why do you think the rest of the world refers to Americans as "Yankees"?

"Ya'all want a Long Island Ice Tea with them there grits and sushi roll?"

we dont usually start things on threads or posts......just look at the title of this one.....guess who started running their mouths......and there goes your answer why you think southerners are mad and full of themselves

Old 08-01-2007, 07:14 AM

254 posts, read 1,142,676 times
Default Just the facts here, your honor

QUOTE=ringtail;1179139]If you can find me one listing of a NEW house with FIVE bedrooms in Cary for under $400k.

Yo, maybe people should think about not having so many kids :-) then they wouldn't need five bedrooms.[/quote]

Now, now! You know as well as anyone that its not the kids that’s filling up most of these houses. My sister-in-law is a real estate broker in Concord, NC and My wife & I used to work for her part time and over & over & over we saw these couples with NO kids or maybe on or two kids buying these houses with 5+ bedrooms and no one to put in them. There are the exceptions, yes, but its just that. The 5+ bedroom McMansions are a ....ready for this?... A "status symbol" Just like the SUV's. its a "keep up with the Jones's" attitude. Some can well afford it but SO many cant. Just ask a broker for the facts. In fact, I have to wonder why dear sister-in-law has to have this mansion that just towers into the sky with 20 ft ceilings in her living room and a total of 8,000 sq. ft in the house. Granted, she has 3 kids but gee whiz. The South has become known for its gluttony and excess and lets throw in gaudiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York