Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:35 PM

310 posts, read 1,357,040 times

Advertisements

My mom did this to me. I got off of the bus, walked up to the door like I did every school day, only to find the door locked and a note explaining I was no longer welcome to live there. Shocked and upset I walked to a friend's house, called my bf, and he came and got me. His mom let me live at their house, took me in like her own. She was a single mother of 4 boys. My mom a single mother of 1 girl, me.

My mom is one of a kind. She is an animal FREAK. I love animals, but this woman is one of those that treats them like humans. My mom brought in a stray dog that she found on our road. This dog had apparently been abused because a whole litter of them were brought into the local humane society where my mom worked part time. So this explained it's temperament, because ever since we took it in, it randomly attacked me. It attacked me so badly one time that my mom's boyfriend had to convince my mom to take me to the hospital to see if I needed stitches, which I did. The whole way there my mom kept reiterating that I was NOT under any circumstances to tell them that OUR dog did this. She didn't want the dog to be put sleep I guess, idk. Seemed to me she cared a lot more for the dog than her own child. After that incident, she kept the dog on a leash when she was home, in a kennel when she was gone. He growled at me all the time. It attacked my cousin. Tore up her pants. Drug a rather heavy recliner across the living room trying to get to one of my friends. My friend never came back over again.

I could go on about things she has done and said to me that most normal people I'm sure would cringe at. It makes me cringe and I'm the one who deals with it.

I don't really understand why she just all of a sudden without warning decided to 'kick me out'. We lived in a crappy, run down trailer for 12 years. We moved in with her bf into this private residential community. It's a NICE place to live. The only explanation I can come up with is I just didn't fit into her new 'perfect' life. I don't know. I mean, I wasn't perfect, we had our problems, but looking back I think I was a normal teenager. Got me asking myself what did you do?

I've got kids of my own now and they are so precious to me. I just don't understand why she did that to me. I felt and still feel so unloved.

So I was wondering if I should try to make amends or just move on. What would you do? It's such a weird situation. I have talked to her since this happened and I try to talk to her about it all and how it makes me feel to see if she will feel even the slightest bit sorry. Not a chance. She acts like nothing ever happened. It's really frustrating. My bf thinks I should just forget her and move on with my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 08:47 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
My husband's parents kicked him when he was 22 because they hated me. He came home from college one day and found all his stuff on the back porch and the locks to the house changed.

He has seen his parents exactly twice in the intervening 33 years. And he never saw his brothers again because they were the ones that moved his things onto the porch and threw his personal belongings into the dirt. Any regrets? NONE. These people are psychopaths!

All these people who tell you endlessly,"family is everything, blood is thicker than water," have never had totally worthless parents.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I'm sorry this happened to you. It has nothing to do with your worth as a human being and doesn't make you any less loveable. You just happened to have a crappy mother. It wasn't your choice and you're not responsible for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
My mom is one of a kind. She is an animal FREAK. I love animals, but this woman is one of those that treats them like humans. My mom brought in a stray dog that she found on our road. This dog had apparently been abused because a whole litter of them were brought into the local humane society where my mom worked part time. So this explained it's temperament, because ever since we took it in, it randomly attacked me. It attacked me so badly one time that my mom's boyfriend had to convince my mom to take me to the hospital to see if I needed stitches, which I did. The whole way there my mom kept reiterating that I was NOT under any circumstances to tell them that OUR dog did this. She didn't want the dog to be put sleep I guess, idk. Seemed to me she cared a lot more for the dog than her own child. After that incident, she kept the dog on a leash when she was home, in a kennel when she was gone. He growled at me all the time. It attacked my cousin. Tore up her pants. Drug a rather heavy recliner across the living room trying to get to one of my friends. My friend never came back over again.
You just re-confirmed my already pretty firm opinion of such people.

Quote:
So I was wondering if I should try to make amends or just move on. What would you do?
I don't think I'd want to make amends.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
My mom did this to me. I got off of the bus, walked up to the door like I did every school day, only to find the door locked and a note explaining I was no longer welcome to live there. Shocked and upset I walked to a friend's house, called my bf, and he came and got me. His mom let me live at their house, took me in like her own. She was a single mother of 4 boys. My mom a single mother of 1 girl, me.

I could go on about things she has done and said to me that most normal people I'm sure would cringe at. It makes me cringe and I'm the one who deals with it.

I don't really understand why she just all of a sudden without warning decided to 'kick me out'. We lived in a crappy, run down trailer for 12 years. We moved in with her bf into this private residential community. It's a NICE place to live. The only explanation I can come up with is I just didn't fit into her new 'perfect' life. I don't know. I mean, I wasn't perfect, we had our problems, but looking back I think I was a normal teenager. Got me asking myself what did you do?

I've got kids of my own now and they are so precious to me. I just don't understand why she did that to me. I felt and still feel so unloved.

So I was wondering if I should try to make amends or just move on. What would you do? It's such a weird situation. I have talked to her since this happened and I try to talk to her about it all and how it makes me feel to see if she will feel even the slightest bit sorry. Not a chance. She acts like nothing ever happened. It's really frustrating. My bf thinks I should just forget her and move on with my life.
Yes, go on with your life, but to make sure that you have healed the issues that may cause you to act that way with your kids, I would suggest you see a good counselor to help yourself heal from the pain of the rejection from your mother. Seriously consider this because unhealed pain will rear its head in your life again, sooner or later. Blessings.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
My husband's parents kicked him when he was 22 because they hated me. He came home from college one day and found all his stuff on the back porch and the locks to the house changed.

He has seen his parents exactly twice in the intervening 33 years. And he never saw his brothers again because they were the ones that moved his things onto the porch and threw his personal belongings into the dirt. Any regrets? NONE. These people are psychopaths!

All these people who tell you endlessly,"family is everything, blood is thicker than water," have never had totally worthless parents.

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about that situation. At least he has you and sounds like you are still there for him. Yea I think the reason I have even tried to 'make it work' is because of the people who say that. I don't know, seems like a lot of wasted effort on my part. Don't even get me started about my father. Waited until I was 26 years old and decides the best way to contact me is to have his 13 year old son do it - by facebook, of course. And guess what, his son has it ALL. Everything I NEVER had. That sure makes me feel good.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:09 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
For me, if my family or friends don't budge to ask for forgiveness or to apologize, I don't think it's worth to amend anything. JMO. Sometimes you can't do anything about it but really have to move on.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
For me, if my family or friends don't budge to ask for forgiveness or to apologize, I don't think it's worth to amend anything. JMO. Sometimes you can't do anything about it but really have to move on.

Very true. That's what I have a problem with. Why do I have ask for an apology? It's one-sided.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Very true. That's what I have a problem with. Why do I have ask for an apology? It's one-sided.
I know because a friend (now ex) of mine never budge to apologize for anything. Whenever I was at fault I would apologize. Even then I thought things would get better if I apologize whether it was my fault or not. That's when I said no more. Good bye!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
I know because a friend (now ex) of mine never budge to apologize for anything. Whenever I was at fault I would apologize. Even then I thought things would get better if I apologize whether it was my fault or not. That's when I said no more. Good bye!
Good for you.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Good for you.
I hope you will find your answer some day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships