Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Rudeness and impoliteness seem to be the order of the day these days.And its not just peoples horrendous driving habits.
Just got back from filling my car with gas, as i was filling up this rather large dude drives into the pump in front of me bumps my car then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.
All 3 of my cars are covered in fender dings door dings strange scrape marks along the sides,probably have $1000 damage on each car due to other peoples carelessness, does nobody care anymore?
Like he did it on purpose just to be rude to you? It was an accident. Maybe this is a case of your brought it on yourself. You should of just stuck to the facts and checked out both cars and traded insurance info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Oh, you're just starting? Lucky you! You have long ways to go!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
I'm with you. The older I get the more I dislike people. I was walking to home depot yesterday and some filthy old guy shoves a Reeses cup in his mouth and throws the orange wrapper on the ground, in clear sight, in front of me, like the world is his convenient garbage disposal. If I didn't feel like I'm getting the flu he would have gotten a word from me.

If someone bumped my car like that, you better believe he would get a word from me and pay to fix the scratch if so. Not long ago I walk to my car and some guy is LEANING on my car. I had no idea we had joint ownership of this car. Get your ass off it. I asked him to get off my car and he looked at me like I was crazy!! Damn people I don't wax my car so its clean for you to sit on and not get dirty.

End rant.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Rudeness and impoliteness seem to be the order of the day these days.And its not just peoples horrendous driving habits.
Just got back from filling my car with gas, as i was filling up this rather large dude drives into the pump in front of me bumps my car then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.

All 3 of my cars are covered in fender dings door dings strange scrape marks along the sides,probably have $1000 damage on each car due to other peoples carelessness, does nobody care anymore?
When you come across people in public, you cannot assume that they're on the "same page" in life as you are.

There will be individuals who care, and those who do not. That's life.

Steer clear of those who don't give a rip, and keep your mind focused on a higher purpose. They'll either catch up or sink.

In the end, it's nothing more than a nuisance - it doesn't affect who you are, and it shouldn't affect how you judge all people.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, you're just starting? Lucky you! You have long ways to go!
Really - some of us are pros - we should teach classes.

MightyQueen - good for you! That kind of attitude is one of the reasons I left NY - it's like that through all 5 boroughs and Westchester to boot.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 11-02-2011 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned material

Old 11-02-2011, 10:55 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is your only way...

Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Let's all start fighting so we all hate each other.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:58 AM

159 posts, read 288,027 times
i treat people the way they treat me-- if your a A-hole to me I will treat you exactly the same way-- if your nice and friendly, guess what, I will be nice and friendly-- pretty simple philosphy if you ask me

Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM

9 posts, read 12,062 times
Quote:
Welcome to today's society - the product of generations of societal decay.

Not to worry, our actions aren't sustainable, and things are about to change, as hard as it will be.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Stupid oblivious people really **** me off too.

I particularly hate the ones in grocery stores that park their cart blocking the whole aisle while they spend 10 minutes trying to figure out what can of beans they want.

Seriously, how hard is it to make up your damn mind? Don't you have some idea what you want before you go to the store? Helloooooo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships