Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Rudeness and impoliteness seem to be the order of the day these days.And its not just peoples horrendous driving habits.
Just got back from filling my car with gas, as i was filling up this rather large dude drives into the pump in front of me bumps my car then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.
All 3 of my cars are covered in fender dings door dings strange scrape marks along the sides,probably have $1000 damage on each car due to other peoples carelessness, does nobody care anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
I'm sorry that happened to you

The world is such a stressed place for so many people these days, and when we are stressed we are not always on our best behavior.

Try not to let this stuff get to you though.

Remember, what you put out into the world is generally what you will get back from it.

So keep a smile on your face and put some positive energy out there, even when others aren't treating you in kind, because the world needs it

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
I don't know where you live but that would be a police report.

People just don't run into other people's cars. That's weird.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM

380 posts, read 795,740 times
I am definitely guilty of parking in the furthest spot to avoid those things. People are completely inconsiderate. Just because they don’t care about how shi**y their car looks doesn’t mean I don’t care about mine either.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Rudeness and impoliteness seem to be the order of the day these days.And its not just peoples horrendous driving habits.
Just got back from filling my car with gas, as i was filling up this rather large dude drives into the pump in front of me bumps my car then starts getting all belligerent when i say that was kind of a rude move.
All 3 of my cars are covered in fender dings door dings strange scrape marks along the sides,probably have $1000 damage on each car due to other peoples carelessness, does nobody care anymore?

You must live in Chicago; that happens all the time

Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
You're right jambo - a lot of people DON'T care. It's absolutely a fact. We live in a dog eat dog society and people are becoming increasingly socially isolated. It's tough sometimes to keep a positive attitude and not just say "f*** it - nobody else cares I am not going to bother caring anymore either" Not sure what the solution is - just commiserating LOL

Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Just because some a-hole acted like an a-hole towards you doesn't mean you should hate everyone.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I had a half-hour wait for my train last night, so I went outside Penn Station NY to have a cigarette. I was far from the entrance, leaning against one of the bollards, when all of a sudden I get whacked to one side, almost losing my balance. Mr. Executive in his long black coat blew by me and never broke his stride. I mean, I am a six-foot-tall woman, it's pretty hard not to see me and not easy to almost knock me down, either.

Then I noticed as he kept walking a little glow coming from the side of his coat, and I checked: Sure enough, bozo had the head of my cigarette on his coat. Probably had a nice burnhole by the time it went out.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:24 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb I Love It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a half-hour wait for my train last night, so I went outside Penn Station NY to have a cigarette. I was far from the entrance, leaning against one of the bollards, when all of a sudden I get whacked to one side, almost losing my balance. Mr. Executive in his long black coat blew by me and never broke his stride. I mean, I am a six-foot-tall woman, it's pretty hard not to see me and not easy to almost knock me down, either.

Then I noticed as he kept walking a little glow coming from the side of his coat, and I checked: Sure enough, bozo had the head of my cigarette on his coat. Probably had a nice burnhole by the time it went out.
LOL...THAT, Mightyqueen, is called karma coming back to bite him in his a**...and you and a lot of others here are spot-on---people seem to just flat not give a **** about stuff anymore...

Rudeness and attitude and being impolite seem to be the order of the day...and I say this as someone who sometimes has a very short fuse, but I keep working at not being so quick to 'explode'...

Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sorry that happened to you, Jambo. Many people do not care, Or are angry, frustrated or indifferent and see fit to take it out on strangers. But, For every grump out there I think there is 3 or 4 people who are still polite, And care about the welfare of others. Ex, In NY here I myself, And many others still hold the door, help a woman with a stroller up the stairs and would help pick someone up if they fell. Karma comes full circle and eventually they encounter there equals.

And the door swings both ways and hits them in the rump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships