Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,855,394 times

Advertisements

Today's update:
I filled out anonymous tips with the FBI's Crimes Against Children section and the authorities in my father's current town. On the advice of legal counsel, I am keeping all of my personal information private and have set up an email box just for the purposes of contacts from those orgs for the meantime. My siblings have also been advised to do the same.

The condo plan has been scrapped. Mom is increasingly tearful and remorseful and asking to speak to a therapist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Wow.

BTW, does your mother have a DNR (do not resuscitate order)?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Wow.

BTW, does your mother have a DNR (do not resuscitate order)?

Yes she does. They are posted all over the house.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Today's update:
I filled out anonymous tips with the FBI's Crimes Against Children section and the authorities in my father's current town. On the advice of legal counsel, I am keeping all of my personal information private and have set up an email box just for the purposes of contacts from those orgs for the meantime. My siblings have also been advised to do the same.

The condo plan has been scrapped. Mom is increasingly tearful and remorseful and asking to speak to a therapist.
That was very, very brave and extremely courageous of you to do, my friend Confused...I deeply admire your courage, in being able to confront the despicable demonic abuser in that way (and which very smartly also protects you, from him), and to hopefully start him down the path to the karmatic justice that he so richly deserves Again you are a real hero and are so very brave, to take on this active role in trying to prevent the demon from hurting and abusing others, in the future...especailly since I can definitely imagine it must not have been easy, to open up again and talk to the authorities about the horrors and the vile, unspeakable, disgusting abuse that you had to endure, at the demon's evil, treacherous hands...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM

819 posts, read 1,593,346 times
I am so very proud of you! Hope you get the justice you and all his victims deserve. And, he gets to rot in hell.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,249,758 times
Smile Continuing....

We are all rooting for YOU. You are one strong strong woman.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
What a wonderful solution! Excellent idea. I didn't know such a resource existed through the FBI. Because you shared this info, now everyone reading this thread will also be informed and perhaps your courage and resourcefulness will assist someone else who has endured childhood sexual abuse.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Oh please.

I have a friend who actually works at the FBI. I can assure you that any tips, anonymous or otherwise, are full researched and handed over to the proper group. It can take YEARS to make a case against anyone. Every little bit helps.

I have no interest in defending my father, a man who continues to position himself to be in contact with kids (he works in a school), whose got two families full of daughters admitting he abused them (my sisters and I and his step daughters) who had to change school systems due to a complaint from a disabled kid about inappropriate contact, who approached my mother's sister when she was a 13 year old and tried to get her to engage in sexual play with him. There is far too much here to ignore, whether or not you are offended by the methods through which he might be reported.

You have posted several times in this thread defending my father. Perhaps you have some experience with baseless accusations, I am not sure. Yes, they can be life ruining. But I assure you, this is not a human being that deserves the benefit of your doubt.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:34 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Don't you have the least twinge of concern that people can accuse someone of something that's so life altering without having to ID themselves? Yep, just log in and point them fingers. Even if there's no substance to the accusation you're now on a database which I'd bet would show up if a LEO does a background check.
Doesn't anyone think this is just a bit Orwellian? Good old George McCarthy'd be real proud of this I'm sure.
Over-reaction, Much?

First of all, this is the FBI. They cannot launch an investigation on a tip unless they find other information or corroboration that would suggest further investigation.

Secondly, this is a tip line for ABUSED CHILDREN, who may not have any other way to contact anyone about the abuse. Not everyone is in a safe situation or can get to one. At least this way, an under-age child can put the info out there so someone with professional training can pursue it further, if the circumstances seem to warrant further examination.

Thirdly, families often have a conspiracy of silence. Being able to inform a LEO about something the person may not feel they can directly discuss is a good thing.

Do you disapprove of the DOJ having a whistle blower hotline? This is no different. No one can start an investigation without cause.

IRS informants even get paid a fee if there is a settlement resulting from a tip-off. You are much more likely to be turned in for IRS fraud so someone can get some $$$ off your fraudulent behavior than you are to be falsely accused of child molestation through an FBI hotline.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Over-reaction, Much?

First of all, this is the FBI. They cannot launch an investigation on a tip unless they find other information or corroboration that would suggest further investigation.

Secondly, this is a tip line for ABUSED CHILDREN, who may not have any other way to contact anyone about the abuse. Not everyone is in a safe situation or can get to one. At least this way, an under-age child can put the info out there so someone with professional training can pursue it further, if the circumstances seem to warrant further examination.

Thirdly, families often have a conspiracy of silence. Being able to inform a LEO about something the person may not feel they can directly discuss is a good thing.

Do you disapprove of the DOJ having a whistle blower hotline? This is no different. No one can start an investigation without cause.

IRS informants even get paid a fee if there is a settlement resulting from a tip-off. You are much more likely to be turned in for IRS fraud so someone can get some $$$ off your fraudulent behavior than you are to be falsely accused of child molestation through an FBI hotline.
Well said! Ani, your posts in this thread have been spot-on.

Confused, you have a host of supporters here. Ignore the rest.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships