Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 11:30 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
So, you guys would just starve and be homeless? Or would she just move on to another man? That's the question germaine asked.
He knows the answer. He just doesn't want to admit it.

Though she might not have a lot of luck finding another man frankly.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 AM

818 posts, read 857,552 times
Well, I decided against the Chicago condo. I truthfully did give it the time of day and thought about location and, unlike her, thought about how I would benefit. In the end, it just wasn’t a good investment. Long story short, she’s pouting and giving me one word answers ( i.e. “ How was your day? Good.” “ What’d you do all day? Nothing”) Maybe I should go back and break it down for her. If you want a decent/average condo in downtown Chicago is about $1,500, but “ average” isn’t good enough for her so lets say I shell out $2k a month for 12 months, that’s $24k a year, not even including how much money she’ll spend shopping in a year, easily $5k so that’s almost 30k being spent on something I’ll hardly ever use. I could buy a boat instead( if I actually liked being on them haha).

Last edited by irishfan77; 05-29-2014 at 09:14 AM..

Old 05-29-2014, 09:17 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
So, I guess the indirect answer is that yes, she would leave you if you lost your money. That's some "partner'' you got there. You might want to do a break-down of what you have spent over the years for what amounts to a business arrangement (euphemism for something else).

Old 05-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
So, I guess the indirect answer is that yes, she would leave you if you lost your money. That's some "partner'' you got there. You might want to do a break-down of what you have spent over the years for what amounts to a business arrangement (euphemism for something else).
euphemism for our marriage I assume?

Old 05-29-2014, 09:34 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
You might want to suggest to her that she can get a job to make it doable. And when she responds, "no, I'm not a workhorse", then you respond, "then you don't need nor want this condo bad enough."

The girl needs to learn.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
You might want to suggest to her that she can get a job to make it doable. And when she responds, "no, I'm not a workhorse", then you respond, "then you don't need nor want this condo bad enough."

The girl needs to learn.
Let me ask you this, and please don't read this in a snobbish tone, but who would hire a women with no college background and who hasn't worked in over a decade? Go back to waitressing?

Old 05-29-2014, 09:39 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Neither of my older sons have college backgrounds (yet), and they both work.

Yes, waitressing. Retail. Service industry. Receptionist.

What you have done is raised yourself a hothouse flower who (supposedly) cannot survive in just any environment. It's ALL in your heads, though. Both of you have a VERY small comfort zone.

It's why your marriage is stuck in this death spiral.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:34 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
euphemism for our marriage I assume?
No, for a business arrangement where you basically pay money for female companionship. There are cruder terms.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
The condo is just a symptom of a bigger problem. You and she want different things. I've said several times that you need to talk about the next chapter. If you want different things maybe you proceed apart.

I would love a vacation condo to enjoy WITH my husband.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
Well, I decided against the Chicago condo. I truthfully did give it the time of day and thought about location and, unlike her, thought about how I would benefit. In the end, it just wasn’t a good investment. Long story short, she’s pouting and giving me one word answers ( i.e. “ How was your day? Good.” “ What’d you do all day? Nothing”) Maybe I should go back and break it down for her. If you want a decent/average condo in downtown Chicago is about $1,500, but “ average” isn’t good enough for her so lets say I shell out $2k a month for 12 months, that’s $24k a year, not even including how much money she’ll spend shopping in a year, easily $5k so that’s almost 30k being spent on something I’ll hardly ever use. I could buy a boat instead( if I actually liked being on them haha).
Why go back and break it down for her? You've already pointed out that she's not intelligent; she's not hard working and lacks the ability to appreciate the value of such virtue... And ultimately she doesn't really care as her wants supersedes just about everything.

It's not a matter of what possible benefits BOTH of you could/would derive out of the condo. You're right that is not a good investment, but you should not be only looking through financial aspects. It's not a good investment for your marriage period.

But, man... You need to come up with a real explanation as to why you want to continue to invest in this marriage. A sane, emotionally healthy man would've been done and over this "marriage" a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships