Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:55 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hi, Miss Terri!

I had a long conversation with my friend, in which she shared with me that she is on a wide range of psychotropic drugs and pain killers, prescribed to her by four different doctors at least, in different health care systems, and when I encouraged her to make a complete list and take them to her internist (who seems the most analytical of the various doctors), she literally cringed and said, "No way - they all disagree with each other about what I should be taking, and I need all of these meds."

When I said, "But maybe your body has changed and some of these need to be changed up," she got mad at me, told me that OBVIOUSLY I had never had to deal with pain and anxiety like she's had to, and she point blank refused to even consider any changes to her wide array of drugs - sleeping pills, anxiety meds (two, I think), meds for bipolar disorder though she swears she doesn't have it, meds for depression (I don't think you're supposed to take those with bipolar meds unless under very strict care of one doctor who knows about both of the drugs), hormones (even though she's in her 60s and at least one of her doctors has begged her to get off these), and pain meds. Those are just what i know about.

So yeah, after that conversation I had a much clearer picture of what we're most likely dealing with.

I agree with you about all the boundaries you mentioned.
As I was reading your thread I was thinking that her behavior sounds just like bipolar disorder. It's strange that you withheld this information for 39 pages.

Maybe she has stopped taking the med for the last several months which would explain a shift in her behavior. It's common with people who don't believe they have it. Or maybe it just no longer works.

Or

You said in your first post that she has had problems with other people. Maybe it's your turn. Most people in their lives become the target sooner or later. It sounds like you plan to stop allowing her to manipulate you, which is good.

It's also possible that addiction to one or more of those other drugs is an issue, but in any case the bp disorder will always be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 06:51 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
I'm sorry you're still having problems with this friend. At some point you will have had enough and you will walk away.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:32 PM

865 posts, read 1,488,011 times
She may have a borderline personality disorder as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships