Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 03:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,588,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
To the joy of the majority on this thread, I'm done here. Let's face it, no one here is going to change their mind by tonight. If anything, its just getting more and more heated.

By the end of this day, it will be mostly over with. I feel confident my side will win so I can leave it at that. Good night all.
And North Carolina loose.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM

314 posts, read 640,520 times
Quote:
To the joy of the majority on this thread, I'm done here. Let's face it, no one here is going to change their mind by tonight. If anything, its just getting more and more heated.

By the end of this day, it will be mostly over with. I feel confident my side will win so I can leave it at that. Good night all.

I never expected I'd change your mind, I just wanted to know if you eat (or ever have eaten) pork or shellfish. Or wear clothing that's anything but 100% cotton.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,622,885 times
Some controversy over church signs at polling locations (churches)

Church sign sparks controversy at polling location - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,200,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
It's a real shame to see a relatively sane denomination like UMC falling for this. It'll only divide people and cause younger members to leave, pushing the church further into cult territory.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
If the Bible DID say "allowing black people to vote [is] wrong", then I would agree and I would vote against allowing black people to vote.
I know you've peaced out already (you'll be back), but you are aware how insane this sounds, right?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM

314 posts, read 640,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post

Nice to see Ernest's "side" handle things in such a classy way.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:55 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,027,240 times
Vote totals at the bottom of page:

NC - Election Results

Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,751,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I voted in the 10th. The change has to be in effect before the primaries.
TY.

I was already in District 10, so there was no change for me. I went & cast my against vote. Good lord, I think that they will have close to a 100% turnout.

I was accosted by two older men, pushing the amendment. I made them sorry that they did that. They didn't even understand what they were pushing, & since they got in my face & my space, I explained it to them. When I told them that this was also going to have an effect on straight people, they stood there with their mouths open, catching flies. One of them said "Well, I hope they'll get married," I said, It's none of my business, & turned & left.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,715,027 times
Quote:
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10

You want to throw scripture in here, we can do it. I can give you more.

Although lets be serious enough to realize you probably don't care.
"I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam I am."

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Looks like our friends on team red were getting into some voter suppression shenanigans today:

North Carolina polling stations report confrontations over Amendment One | The Raw Story

Quote:
Gary Sims, the deputy director of Wake County board of elections in Raleigh, told the Guardian that there were “some really angry people” on both sides of the highly-charged debate.

Observers from the Republican party have sought to “challenge and confront” precinct officials from the board and were “clogging up the phone lines” back at Wake County headquarters. “This is the craziest election I’ve seen in 13 years” said Sims, at his office next to the courthouse.

“We’ve seen political party observers who are not precinct officials. They can ask to be observers. They want to challenge and confront and it’s a problem for our precinct officials.”

He said the reason for the confrontations varied, from calling up the board of elections to complain that there wasn’t a chair for them to sit on to pushing officials to get people to show ID at the polls.

“They have been clogging up the phone lines and getting mad at us,” said Sims. “People have to state their names and addresses and we check them. But they are challenging officials to make them show ID. They have an agenda, the ones that we’ve been getting trouble from.”

When asked whether the trouble was coming from the groups for or against Amendment 1, Sims said: “Put it this way: we had zero Democratic party observers.” He added: “I’ve probably said more than I should.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina