Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 AM

169 posts, read 204,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemporarydeco View Post
Where in Germany were you stationed? I was in Augsburg 78 - 81 with the 1/36 FA located in the Reese Kaserne.

ATTN VETS: Please contact Sara Ovaska (who's boyfriend is active-duty) at sarah@ncpolicywatch.org

She wants to tell your story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 AM

169 posts, read 204,381 times
Quote:
I am a US Army Veteran 1978 - 1984 and am in the same boat as all the other 45K people that have been cut off by no fault of their own.

If you are a military veteran and have been cut off from EB, please chime in on here so we can get an idea of how many veterans these clowns in the House / Senate and the Governors office are screwing around with.

Lets get a list of these veterans with their contact numbers / email address's so we can submit to the media their stories.

We know already they are arrogant SOB's but lets add unpatriotic to the list to further dampen their already sh**ty public image.
ATTN VETS: Please contact Sara Ovaska of NC Policy Watch (who's boyfriend is active-duty) at sarah@ncpolicywatch.org

She wants to tell your story.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM

157 posts, read 182,235 times
Quote:
Where in Germany were you stationed? I was in Augsburg 78 - 81 with the 1/36 FA located in the Reese Kaserne.
I was in Baumholder for a year and Zirndorf out side Nurnburg for a year. Was in 1/2 FA in zirndorf don't remember the other. But a howitzer crewman and FDC some

Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM

24 posts, read 28,677 times
Default nc extened unemployment

I still can't get past the kids.How to moms do the laundry,do they have milk and lunch money. there is enough preasure on kids today without grown ups (and I use thar term loosely making it worse. How do they shower to get ready for school, How do they get supplies? Looks to me likes this is child abuse if a parent did this they would take the kids away.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:12 AM

244 posts, read 311,426 times
Jobless pushed to the brink by benefits impasse | NC Policy Watch with Fitzsimon & Schofield

Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM

69 posts, read 83,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
I still can't get past the kids.How to moms do the laundry,do they have milk and lunch money. there is enough preasure on kids today without grown ups (and I use thar term loosely making it worse. How do they shower to get ready for school, How do they get supplies? Looks to me likes this is child abuse if a parent did this they would take the kids away.
Imagine telling your kids that there is only 30 dollars on foodstamps until June 9 and that means eating one a day every other day so we can stretch this.

No lunch money nothing as far as money and how do I get the gas to go to the grocery store I mean where does this madness stop where is rock bottom where is the turning point that we can start climbing out of this hole.

How many moms and dads are going to have to go to Raleigh and sit on the legislative bldg grounds before our leaders will lead and stop this madness???

Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post

it is child abuse by proxy

Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM

69 posts, read 83,741 times
Are there any organizations that help folks through oppressive times like this??

Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM

I'm burning up the twitter airwaves with tweets and retweets to all the national media I can think of that may be sympathetic to our cause. Tweeting because my phone is almost out of minutes. I encourage all who tweet to do the same. If enough of us rattle enough chains, when the pubs come back next week they will rush to get this mess behind them. They are looking like the cruel, uncaring extremists they are. They don't want EVERYONE to know that.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM

43 posts, read 56,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
Are there any organizations that help folks through oppressive times like this??
Go to this facebook page:

NC Extended Unemployment Benefits | Facebook

Near the bottom of the page, among the first few posts, there are links to different sources of assistance. I'll try to post back up towards the top so they are more easily found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina