Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I'm telling ya...I have met people who actually judge how good pizza is by how it sticks to their teeth, some people LOVE the cheese stuck to their teeth. At least that's what they tell me. I'm still trying to figure it out.
I can't figure it out either. Now we're not talking about the actual taste of the pizza, but the weird sensation it gives you while you eat it. I never thought pizza cheese should stick to your teeth, it should go down with the rest of it to your stomach. Strange, very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
Wow, the better the pizza the more it sticks to your teeth...now that's some confused logic.

Ya know, this may be getting way too technical...but it is worth noting that eventually one does get the hang of sliding their tongue across the roof of their mouth from back to front to loosen the attached cheese. This trick may be easier to pick up at a younger age, hence why the locals often find no problem with tooth-stuck-cheese. ?

Last edited by MermanMike; 02-12-2008 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,130 times
I always found New Yorkers to be into mega hits of cheese on their pies.....fine if you like it, but I like the tang of the sauce and go for more sauce, less cheese, like the PA pizza of my youth; besides, if all the cheese can stick to the roof of the mouth like that, what does it do to your 'innards' other than stay a few more days.......?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 AM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Geez, I guess you people would be really afraid to try caramel apples when fair season hits!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
I actually like my pizza with less cheese, more sauce and somewhat on the well done side. I don't like dripping, stringy cheese falling off when you pick it up. I also like lots of hot red pepper on it.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Geez, I guess you people would be really afraid to try caramel apples when fair season hits!
At this age, not afraid, reluctant...... but not Bissinger's warm, oven-fresh apple dumplings at the Bloomsburg Fair (PA's biggest)....with cinnamon ice cream.....

Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I would be afraid...I have way to many crowns in my mouth But I do love that caramel dip with an apple, the fat free kind

Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasPA View Post
At this age, not afraid, reluctant...... but not Bissinger's warm, oven-fresh apple dumplings at the Bloomsburg Fair (PA's biggest)....with cinnamon ice cream.....
Now THAT sounds like something worth sticking to the roof of your mouth
I have only been to the Bloomsburg Fair once, and I bought 2 HUGE (did I say HUGE?) cherry tomato potted plants. There were about 60 or 80 ripe tomatoes on it already...for the price of $10. each

Old 02-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Now THAT sounds like something worth sticking to the roof of your mouth
I have only been to the Bloomsburg Fair once, and I bought 2 HUGE (did I say HUGE?) cherry tomato potted plants. There were about 60 or 80 ripe tomatoes on it already...for the price of $10. each
Bissinger's makes them on the spot...

Tomato bargain+ dumplings= worth the trip and well worth the price! You'll be back.......

Old 05-01-2008, 12:41 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
That's what I've been trying to tell everybody. Don't call that crap pizza. Call it something else. Jersey and New York have some of the best pizzerias in the country. Old Forge pizza is embraced by the locals here for some reason that I haven't figured out yet.
I lived in Old Forge for a year........and I am no back in NJ, really why do they call Old Forge the pizza capital? It doesnt taste good at all.. I really never understood the whole craze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania