Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:18 PM

910 posts, read 2,992,378 times

Advertisements

Roxxy did you karaoke at home or someplace else?
I have nothing exciting to contribute here...obviously it's Saturday night and I'm here Hope to see some good ideas though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 05:40 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,096,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Dan, I would have to say shooting ranges, top my #1 for things to do. I was just up granger 2 days ago. And yes once again I could not leave the store with out getting something! So I seen a used Sig, P229. And after 700.00 bucks!! It's all mine!

So that means another trip to the shooting range tomorrow..

Check out Bill's in North Scranton, good store, good family....Cold day at the range, but maybe I'm up for it..What time?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:42 PM

64 posts, read 234,859 times
Canoing on the Delaware River? :-)

Some of the resorts have activities that are open to non-guests for a fee. Pocono Manor is one. For one price they include swimming in the indoor pool and ice skating all day, and you can pay extra for tubing and whatever else they offer. It's a fun atmosphere.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:45 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Check out Bill's in North Scranton, good store, good family....Cold day at the range, but maybe I'm up for it..What time?
Well I went to bed early so I could get up at 5am.. I like to get up there first thing in the morning. Not alot of people. And seeing as I want to try out the new hand gun, the less people the better. You know what I mean. Its hard to get a good feel of the gun and check your shots with 20 other people shooting.

Anycase I didnt know we were getting snow today. Looks like about 1'' only here in Scranton, but im sure there will be alot more at the range. If the weather gets a little better Im going to head up around 8am..

If your going to go up let me know?? Ill be in a red Ford F150... You are right it is a bit cold out.

PS. if you do head up and I know your going Ill bring up all my toys to show ya!!

Old 12-07-2008, 10:03 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Roxxy did you karaoke at home or someplace else?
I have nothing exciting to contribute here...obviously it's Saturday night and I'm here Hope to see some good ideas though
We now have a DJ in our clubhouse. He comes on Friday from 9-1 am. Its alot of fun. Of course after Friday nights singing (might I add badly) so many people have kidded with me about it. I dont care I had such a good time.

Where do you live poconosmama???

Old 12-07-2008, 10:43 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,740 times
Where do you like to hike off the beaten path Dan? I like to go too, but I mostly go to state parks and public trails and places like that. I would be curious to know about any less well known spots in the area.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Where do you like to hike off the beaten path Dan? I like to go too, but I mostly go to state parks and public trails and places like that. I would be curious to know about any less well known spots in the area.
Moosic mountain starting behind the Holiday Inn in Dunmore is good place, there are many old foundations and relics of the Gravity railroad and mining on that mountain including a hand cut rough hewn tunnel that is 886ft long.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:03 AM

182 posts, read 502,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
The state has public ranges in Archbald, Gouldsboro(nightmare), Hawley and there are more but those are the ones in our area...Archbald is nice and they just rebuilt the frames and pistol range and deleaded the berms....When the weather is nice my son and I usually go once a week and I'm there quite abit on my own. There is a core group of guys who shot regularly there and we help the state maintain the range so that it stays nice and safe where you can take your children to shoot and learn. Hawley is supposed to be a nice range as well, but Gouldsboro is and was a free for all when I was there....NOT SAFE......
The Gouldsboro range is that next to the Lehigh river? Yeah, it's not a very good one, garbage everywhere, benches rock back and forth, but it has a 200 yard range. I like the Archbald range, 200 yards also, but it's loud with that metal roof. There's also a game commission range off route 118 (first left after mooretown road going west towards Ricketts Glen).

How about hiking trails that are loops (the longer the better)?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 AM

182 posts, read 502,894 times
How about good cross country skiing trails (loops are perferred-again)?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:11 AM

Moosic mountain can be a loop if you learn the trails...These are not just hiking trails..You will be sharing them with bikes, quads and some jeeps...

Gouldsboro is off of 380 at the Gouldsboro exit...Its the range where the terrorists that were going to attack Ft. Dix in NJ trained....Its loaded on a dailey basis with people from NJ with semi and some full autos and no experience or knowledge of range safety or gun safety for that matter and if you question anyone as to why they are doing what they are doing you will be met with confrontation.

Archbald is the range I prefer and yes the metal roof sucks but thats why we have expensive ear protection isn't it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania