Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,799,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You should usually go to the Chinese Buffets for lunch......it only runs about $5 or $6 that way. Go at night and you will end up spending $16 to $20 for a dinner for two.

LOL GP, we spend $16 to $20 for two for lunch in NJ. Our check last night for dinner was what we would have spent at Mc Donald's at home!

I'd like to see what New Jersey Barbeque is all about. ..........btw, which y'all did you mean? or were you wanting to say "all y'all"?

Yes, wanted to say all y'all. (getting the hang of it)

Tomorrow at Cattleman's, try some lamb fries (as an appetizer).....they aren't as good as calf or hog fries, but they aren't bad.
Ok, GP, I looked up lamb fries on Wikepedia and I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,962,160 times
Yeah, I generally like everything GP has to say, until we get on the topic of lamb fries, calf fries, and such. Sorry, I just have a yuck factor with stuff like that.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 AM

7,525 posts, read 17,007,704 times
But you will eat calimari, right? or sushi? think the Cattleman's is still in business by serving yucky stuff?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 AM

593 posts, read 1,797,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Thank you all so much for your input. DH doesn't know where he will be working, but is looking in the OKC area. For some reason he was stuck on Mustang and Yukon. After seeing the two areas he is happy with his choice. I liked them both, as well, and as I said before, Mustang appeals to me more because the area we looked in was more rural. I like the idea of Piedmont, but he thinks it might be too far.

Goodpasture, I'll DM you about your post.

We have decided that we won't be pressured into buying something we may not be happy with. If we dont' come up with something now, we will just wait it out and keep checking online. I know this is not the best time to either buy or sell a house because the winter months are always very slow. We may have to wait a bit and one of us fly down in a month or so when things open up. But, we still have two more days, so you never know.

BTW, we were out in the Yukon/Mustang area looking for an address and decided it was one of those "you can't get there from here" type situations. We flagged down an OKC maintenance truck and asked for help in finding the house we were looking for. He told us to follow him and he would lead us there. It took about 15 minutes over various country roads to get us where we needed to be, and we could not believe that someone would go through that trouble for strangers!!! What a shock. We kept commenting to each other about how we never saw anything like that before. Amazing.

Then we went to dinner at a Chinese Buffet and sat next to a lovely family that Anna struck up a conversation with. Turns out they are life long Mustang residents and went on and on about how much they like it there. DH was VERY convinced that he was right about holding out for that area. They were a very nice family and we enjoyed talking to them. Also -- our dinner check last night was half of what we paid for a dinner for the three of us on Christmas Eve in NJ and tonight's dinner was half what we paid last night.

And everyone we meet still seems very happy.

Again, thanks for all the input and advice. We'll get through this, and invite y'all for a barbeque in our new backyard come summer.
When we were in Yukon we ate a Chiense Restaurant and we got the biggest laugh...They had a pan of fried okra (I love that stuff) sitting next to a pan of Sweet and Sour Pork... I guess they wanted to please Oklahomans with a local favorite...But in a Chinese restaurant...teehee..

I live in a large Hispanic area in So. Cal...our favorite Chinese restaurant had their featured item one night....Jalapeno chicken...only in Cal.. Guess who they were trying to please...?????

Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
But you will eat calimari, right? or sushi? think the Cattleman's is still in business by serving yucky stuff?
Nope! I hate sushi and calimari. I don't think they are wrong for serving it, I just have a 'yuk' factor that can't be overcome. Sometimes I wish it wasn't so.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:22 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,632,685 times
I have eaten calimari. I used to go to a Chinese restaurant in Shawnee that had sushi, but they had a sign on it that said everything was "all cooked". They also served tater tots on their buffet. But, I will not be having lamb fries today.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Peggy, you'll be moderating this luncheon, right?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,799,258 times
Default We'Did It

Well, all y'all, we did it. We put an offer in on a house in Mustang, right before we met Peggy and her wonderful husband, Steve for lunch. It's on 2/3 of an acre, with an above ground pool with a deck in the backyard. We're hoping our offer is accepted, but we most likely won't know until we're back in NJ (we leave very early Sunday AM).

Then we went to the Cattelmen's Steakhouse and were treated to lunch by Peggy and Steve. We had a great time. The food was wonderful and the company better. We had a lot of laughs and talked and talked for a couple of hours. Then Steve directed us to his favorite stores in the Stockyards which we toured after they left for the return trip to Holdenville. Anna managed to squeeze an invite from Peggy to come ride one of her horses after we move and get settled.

All in all a fabulous day. Now we can relax and enjoy the rest of our trip. Tonight we're going to Toby Keith's for some music and a walk around Bricktown, and then tomorrow we're all going horseback riding at Lake Thunderbird.

We're sorry to see our visit come to an end, but we'll be back in no time.

Thanks again, Peggy, for a great lunch.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,382,674 times
Congratulations! I'm so sorry I didn't make the luncheon. A friend of my son had an emergency. I still was going to try to make it, but, when I looked at my watch, I was running really late. It sounds like you guys had a great time! I hope you all love your house. Do you just have 1 child colleen?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:51 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,837,421 times
Whoo Hoo!! http://pages.prodigy.net/jimeez/_uimages/yippee.gif (broken link)

We'll keep our finger and toes crossed that your offer is accepted.

Once you get back and settled, Duncan has an Amateur Film Festival that your son might be interested in. They have it around the same time every year.

Website Here (http://www.traildancefilmfestival.com/2008/Nominations.asp - broken link)

Give you an excuse to drive down and say Hi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma