Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,966,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Well, all y'all, we did it. We put an offer in on a house in Mustang, right before we met Peggy and her wonderful husband, Steve for lunch. It's on 2/3 of an acre, with an above ground pool with a deck in the backyard. We're hoping our offer is accepted, but we most likely won't know until we're back in NJ (we leave very early Sunday AM).

Then we went to the Cattelmen's Steakhouse and were treated to lunch by Peggy and Steve. We had a great time. The food was wonderful and the company better. We had a lot of laughs and talked and talked for a couple of hours. Then Steve directed us to his favorite stores in the Stockyards which we toured after they left for the return trip to Holdenville. Anna managed to squeeze an invite from Peggy to come ride one of her horses after we move and get settled.

All in all a fabulous day. Now we can relax and enjoy the rest of our trip. Tonight we're going to Toby Keith's for some music and a walk around Bricktown, and then tomorrow we're all going horseback riding at Lake Thunderbird.

We're sorry to see our visit come to an end, but we'll be back in no time.

Thanks again, Peggy, for a great lunch.

Great News! I hope it's the place you want and your offer is accepted. Enjoy the horseback riding; I'm sure that'll be a blast. Way to go colleen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,383,719 times
Colleen, I went to your future home, Mustang, tonight. I was craving a steak sandwich from Del Rancho. Now, I know that you know Mustang is a little bitty town. Are you ready to live in such a small town?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,800,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Congratulations! I'm so sorry I didn't make the luncheon. A friend of my son had an emergency. I still was going to try to make it, but, when I looked at my watch, I was running really late. It sounds like you guys had a great time! I hope you all love your house. Do you just have 1 child colleen?
Hi Jess5, sorry you couldn't make it -- you missed a great party! No, I have an 18 year old son also. He elected not to come with us. He had school and work all this week that he didn't want to miss. I've talked to him every day and he's doing well by himself. Six months ago I never would have left him alone, but he's matured quite a bit recently.

Yes, I think we'll love the house. As we viewed various houses, we would take a vote in the car, and of all the houses we saw, this was the only one that got 3 "yes" votes. This house doesn't have everything we wanted (what house does?), but I think it will work.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,800,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Colleen, I went to your future home, Mustang, tonight. I was craving a steak sandwich from Del Rancho. Now, I know that you know Mustang is a little bitty town. Are you ready to live in such a small town?
Yes, we passed that restaurant tonight. We stopped at the Mexican Restaurant right down the street from Del Rancho. The town we live in now is very small, also. In fact, it has more people, but the size of it is pretty much the same as Mustang. And Mustang High School has more students than the high school my daughter goes to now. We met a family last night from Mustang and she said the upper high school 10-12 grades had about 1400 students. Anna's high school at home is 9-12 and there's about 1150 in her school.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:15 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,633,900 times
Thanks for a great day, Colleen. We managed to get in a couple of hours of chatting, and it was fun. I think you will fit in here fine. Jess, I'm sorry you missed it but I am relieved to know that you didn't show up and not find us!

I hope your offer is accepted. It looks like a really nice house in a nice area. I took some pics of Stockyards City and will post them tomorrow.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:16 AM

169 posts, read 581,218 times
Talking Good for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Well, all y'all, we did it. We put an offer in on a house in Mustang, right before we met Peggy and her wonderful husband, Steve for lunch. It's on 2/3 of an acre, with an above ground pool with a deck in the backyard. We're hoping our offer is accepted, but we most likely won't know until we're back in NJ (we leave very early Sunday AM).

Then we went to the Cattelmen's Steakhouse and were treated to lunch by Peggy and Steve. We had a great time. The food was wonderful and the company better. We had a lot of laughs and talked and talked for a couple of hours. Then Steve directed us to his favorite stores in the Stockyards which we toured after they left for the return trip to Holdenville. Anna managed to squeeze an invite from Peggy to come ride one of her horses after we move and get settled.

All in all a fabulous day. Now we can relax and enjoy the rest of our trip. Tonight we're going to Toby Keith's for some music and a walk around Bricktown, and then tomorrow we're all going horseback riding at Lake Thunderbird.

We're sorry to see our visit come to an end, but we'll be back in no time.

Thanks again, Peggy, for a great lunch.

Thanks for the great posts from your trip colleen! Looks like I'll have to spread some rep around before I can give you a point.

I hope your offer is accepted on your new house. An above ground pool will be great for those warm summers! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

And, how nice you got to hook-up with Peggy & her hubby. Sounds like you had a great trip all the way around.

Sure does make me wish we were ready to head down that way.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:41 AM

Anna reminds me of me when I was her age. I look forward to doing some riding with her on our trails. I have a couple of hot-bloods and she can take her pick while I ride my old favorite.

I'm still uploading my pics.

I really liked the house from the pictures you had. The asking price was not bad at all for what you would be getting, so I hope they take your offer and you will have made a really good deal.

So, we are in suspense about your Toby Keith's and Lake Thunderbird experiences.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:15 AM

Passing by downtown on the crosstown. I want to get there early so I can take some pics.

The top row of seats from the Bricktown Ballpark.

Downtown from the west. That poor tree has damage from the ice storm.

Off the interstate now, and almost crossing the river on South Agnew. Here is an example of red OKC dirt. Looks like they are getting ready to build something here.

North Canadian River near the Stockyards. You can see one of the dams in the background.

Here we are. This is a historic district. I was thinking that Hazel Eyes' relatives think this is what all of Oklahoma looks like. It is a little touristy, but not too much.

Headin' to Market

Entrance to the actual stockyards. The cattle are brought in, sold, and taken out. There used to be packing houses here until the 60s.

We'll have to try this place another day.

Waiting for a load.

On Stockyards City Main Street.

Community bulletin board.

It is a little rustic here.

That can't be Colleen & group. I am looking for someone with a teen age daughter.

Not your typical shopping. I need that pink halter.

I like that bench.

Trip to Cattlemen's day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11441121@N04/sets/72157603641285473/ - broken link)

Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,966,731 times
Thanks Peggy. I always enjoy your pictures, especially the ones off the beaten path. Didn't they used to have the International Finals Rodeo in OkC and then some idiots moved it to Lost Wages of all places? It doesn't make sense. I wish they would have kept the rodeo in OkC. I'm not a big fan of rodeos, but darnit those are some of the toughest competitors on the planet, especially the bull riders. Tough as nails and either crazy or very very brave.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:07 PM

169 posts, read 581,218 times
Thumbs up Great pictures!

Thanks for posting your pictures from your trip to the Cattleman's Steakhouse. I'll bet they don't serve whimpy sized steaks like they do up here in the Buckeye state.

I didn't see anyone wearing heavy winter coats; that's great!

How bad is this...when you wrote in your narration that you wanted the pink halter, my first thought (hadn't scolled down to the photo yet) was women's apparel. (duh, on my part!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma