Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 05:45 PM

68 posts, read 232,120 times

Advertisements

Maybe you misunderstood. I'm doing great out here. Just busy. Here's a picture of me on top of Lone Peak. 11,253 ft. elevation. Just one of the many things I've done out here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySimplified View Post
Maybe you misunderstood. I'm doing great out here. Just busy. Here's a picture of me on top of Lone Peak. 11,253 ft. elevation. Just one of the many things I've done out here.

Wow, AWESOME photograph! Reps to you casey! What exactly are you doing in Utah if you don't mind me asking. If being up there is part of your "Summer job," I'm envious...

PS. Where did you get that Nortel hat? I worked there for awhile.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Rockin' that OSU sweatshirt!!! Go Casey!

edit: Yeah... that awesome Gallo Salami you are munching on?? You can't get it here.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Rockin' that OSU sweatshirt!!! Go Casey!

edit: Yeah... that awesome Gallo Salami you are munching on?? You can't get it here.

I don't get it. He's not eating in the picture..

Old 07-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I don't get it. He's not eating in the picture..
It's the package laying on the rock in front of him... I'd recognize it anywhere.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
I don't get it....you walked up there without a horse? Where's your pack string?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
It's the package laying on the rock in front of him... I'd recognize it anywhere.
So he's "munching on a package" laying on the rock in front of him?

How do you "munch" (i.e., eat) a backpack?

I'm sorry for being somewhat dense. I just tend to make a fool of myself over and over..

Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:

I'm sorry for being somewhat dense. I just tend to make a fool of myself over and over..
Once you enlarge the pic, click it again to make it full size. The package is just outside the backpack, to the upper right of it.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:

Ok... let me break this down for you.

In front of Casey, next to his backpack is a package of Gallo Sliced Salami and Cheese. His hand is resting on his drink bottle.

I Assumed that prior to talking on his cell-phone he had stopped for a snack. Yes, I KNOW it can be dangerous to make assumptions (A$$-U-ME) But this one seemed like a pretty good bet.

I happen to ADORE Gallo brand Salami and it is one of the VERY few things that I miss since moving here. I have even tried to order it directly from Gallo, but if you choose "Oklahoma" from their drop-down menu it says "Gallo Salami isn't available in your area."

Are we good now?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:00 PM

68 posts, read 232,120 times
HOLY CRAP!

I posted the reply like less then an hour ago and already 8 posts about it!!!

Lone Pike is not the tallest peak in the Wasatch Front (Salt Lake City area) but it is one of the most technical if not THE MOST technical peak to reach here. My uncle hikes very often and gets a lot on enjoyment out of it. One of the things on our list of things do to this summer was to climb Lone Peak. Neither one of us knew how hard it was going to be...

We started climbing around 7 in the morning and got back down to our truck around 8 that same night. So the hike took us around 13 hours. It was over 6,000 feet vertical climb. There was still a good about of snow up there, although we did go in early June.

Once we got on top of the mountain we did have Gallo Sliced Salami and Cheese. And let me tell you guys. Freakin' Gallo Sliced Salami and Cheese never tasted so good! I was on my iPhone once I got up there. I had to call the Momma and tell her I'm on top of a mountain. And it is funny that you pointed out the OSU sweat shirt. I didn't even think of the relationship between posting that picture with my Oklahoma sweatshirt on a Oklahoma forum.

I did a fairly well job on the way up to the peak even though I am in no way used to Utah's altitude. But on the way down the mountain my uncle told me I got hypoxia and started acting almost like I was drunk going very slow and stumbling a lot because I didn't have enough oxygen. There were a few times that we were climbing on 60 to 70 degree snow slopes where if we took one wrong step or slipped were probably would have died.

But we made it up and down that peak. And every time I step outside this house I have a perfect view of the peak and get such a great sense of accomplishment. But enough tooting my horn. It was just such a life long experience I can't help but share it. Would I do it again? I don't know for sure at this point. Climbing Lone Peak was one of the hardest things I have ever done and one of the greastest things I have done too.

Casey

P.S. - To end the confusion, the contents of that picture are: me, my pack, my uncle's pack, my water, Gallo, and the most beautiful mountain range I have ever seen. Someone said something about horses? There were no horses up there.

P.P.S. - I have some much better pictures of the hike if anyone would like to see them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma