Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 06:07 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
I have to agree. You seldom find a greater number of more shallow, self centered, truly nasty, greedy people anywhere in the world as you do in California. I honestly think they are completely soulless! They truly have no capacity to love anything or anyone, including their own children. Its not normal to be so superficial and so obsessed with nothing else but money. Life has so many things of greater value; money is only a necessity, but not life itself.

Its interesting how different people are that I meet from the east coast. You can actually have a conversation with an east coaster.... You can discuss politics, social issues, art, history, name it. This would not be possible in California, especially southern California and the OC. They're only interested in one thing: themselves. So they don't know and don't care about any other subject (just check the morning programs how shallow they are in So Cal. You can't even find quality news).
There are women on the east coast - honestly - who actually don't give a damn what Paris Hilton wears, have NOT had plastic surgery nor is interested in it, and are NOT planning to be a gold digger. Yes, these may be shocking statements for someone coming from California, but is nevertheless true.
To be completely blunt, I think I am soulless. I don't enjoy discussing politics, arts, history. I have to admit, yes I am rather self-obsessed. I am superficial, I love clothes, makeup, etc.

What's wrong with being interested in Paris Hilton wears? It's just entertainment just like watching sports is entertainment. Some people have a love of fashion and couture. Fashion is a form of expression and art in itself. And what's wrong with plastic surgery? If you can afford it go for it! Just because YOU don't like plastic surgery doesn't mean it's such a terrible thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
To be completely blunt, I think I am soulless. I don't enjoy discussing politics, arts, history. I have to admit, yes I am rather self-obsessed. I am superficial, I love clothes, makeup, etc.

What's wrong with being interested in Paris Hilton wears? It's just entertainment just like watching sports is entertainment. Some people have a love of fashion and couture. Fashion is a form of expression and art in itself. And what's wrong with plastic surgery? If you can afford it go for it! Just because YOU don't like plastic surgery doesn't mean it's such a terrible thing.
People will condemn plastic surgery while buying expensive braces for their kids. I love when women make themselves look great. Life is too short to be confined to the mental prison of dogma. All that counts is my THR, Total Hormonal Response.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:30 PM

291 posts, read 669,685 times
Raelyn, honey I'm with you. I've lived in Socal my entire life, and Yorba Linda the last twelve years and one thing is certain. It's not getting better here. but you have to miss the good old 91 a little bit don't you. My wife and I have decided that 52 years in paradise is enough, we are bailing out ASAP.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 PM

334 posts, read 915,583 times
To be completely blunt, I think I am soulless.

Your loss. A soul is a valuable thing. I sold mine for $47!

Old 02-14-2010, 10:59 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ndo View Post
To be completely blunt, I think I am soulless.
Your loss. A soul is a valuable thing. I sold mine for $47!
How do you get into supermarkets and convenience stores?

Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 PM

334 posts, read 915,583 times
I scare the petition-signing guy or the candy-seller into walking into the path of the sensor.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:18 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ndo View Post
I scare the petition-signing guy or the candy-seller into walking into the path of the sensor.
I knew they had to be good for something.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 AM

69 posts, read 178,652 times
It's not all that bad. California is not for everybody. It's a busy place with lots of
different ethnic backgrounds. There's lots of opportunity here. You can easily make
$100k here. I'm actually from Marin county and I enjoy Orange very much. It's a place
for entepreneur people who want to make a lot of money. If you are going to seat as a secretary somewhere expect to make $30k. It's easy. It's really up to you to make
six figs. The place is beautful. The pacific coast has the best scenery.
There's tons of places to visit, restaurants, famous places, the coast, san diego,
SFO, etc. I can't complain. California has treated me real good, and gangs? I never
had a problem with gangsters. I ignore it and have never been attacked or robbed.
There's nearly no crime here compare to Las Vegas, Miami, Detroit. Please.

Oregon is a laid back state with greay hairs, and people making $25k. That's all. There
ain't no Beverly Hills in Oregon, it sure has nice parts, but nothing close to what
California is. California is a powerful economy, even with all up and down we've been
going up against now days it's still one of the best economies in the world.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,634 times
Raelyn28, do you mind telling me what part of Oregon you moved to?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 16,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyGal View Post
I want to thank everyone for opinions on this forum -- I live in Pacific NW and have been thinking of relocating to SD. I tend to view southern CA through VERY rose-colored glasses , so the DIVERSITY of opinion on these postings is VERY helpful (pro or con!) !!! In theory, moving to such a beautiful location seems a wonderful dream -- however, without the reality-check these postings provide, that 'dream' could become a rude-awakening. -- It is scary to uproot one's life 'hoping' that things 'work out;' that is why ALL the opinions here are valuable, and I for one want to THANK everyone for their WELL-INTENTIONED postings !! You have no idea how much you ALL have helped those struggling with these life decisions -- so Hooray for the gal who gave her true feelings to help others & thanks to ALL who contribute !!!
Do yourself a favor. Dont move to so-cal. Raelyn is right on the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County