Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 PM

65 posts, read 95,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
ATM card?
SERIOUSLY? Digital money can be frozen, computer mistakes happen and everything is lost.. Which already happened to me years ago.. I ONLY trust cash! I don't trust governments(do you?), don't trust cops(ESPECIALLY COPS), don't trust banks(even worse then cops), or IRS(of course), or courts!! I don't understand how ANYONE can let an organization hold onto their money, period! Seriously? Are you joking? Cash is KING! Haha, banks! Yeah, let me go to a building with people I've never met and give them my life savings to hold onto for me! And if I ever lose my id, I'll never be able to retrieve it! Strangers whom I never met, and wouldn't trust to shine my shoes! Yeah right!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,656,840 times
Default Yes, seriously.

Clearly to me it appears that however you make the journey it will be difficult and possibly short lived. Since you are destined to be homeless, might I recommend Portland or Seattle over the Oregon coast. Any actual reasonable planning will not work here. I think you would be well served to stay near a populated area that will have the services you will be needing when things dry up. "Into the wild" ring any bells? Good luck on your journeys. I will be taking a pass on this thread from here on out.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,356,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalloverJJD View Post
SERIOUSLY? Digital money can be frozen, computer mistakes happen and everything is lost.. Which already happened to me years ago.. I ONLY trust cash! I don't trust governments(do you?), don't trust cops(ESPECIALLY COPS), don't trust banks(even worse then cops), or IRS(of course), or courts!! I don't understand how ANYONE can let an organization hold onto their money, period! Seriously? Are you joking? Cash is KING! Haha, banks! Yeah, let me go to a building with people I've never met and give them my life savings to hold onto for me! And if I ever lose my id, I'll never be able to retrieve it! Strangers whom I never met, and wouldn't trust to shine my shoes! Yeah right!

Pretty well tells us why you will fail.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Pretty well tells us why you will fail.
Gotta love your Piece of S%&# attitude steve! So BECAUSE I don't trust banks, institutions, governments, etc, I will fail at my endeavours, whatever they may be? Amazing.. Let me guess, your either a banker, and you PROMOTE giving money to institutions, or your an "authority" figure, and figure we should blindly do as the authorities ask? Sorry, with my hard earned money, what little there is of it, theres ONLY 1 pair of hands I can trust to hold onto it for me, MINE! I seriously cannot believe that people even use banks anymore.. You really like the idea of the government and the IRS(thanks to disclosure from the ever helpful banks) knowing EXACTLY how much money you have, and what you are doing with it? HAHA

Old 05-18-2012, 04:25 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,454,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalloverJJD View Post
Gotta love your Piece of S%&# attitude steve!

You know... your attitude and conservatism is way out of line with even hard core Conservative Oregonians. Do you perhaps believe in the FEMA camps and that Obama is going to give all homosexuals Police powers?

Just saying... you may find that socially more then financially you may not fit in.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
You know... your attitude and conservatism is way out of line with even hard core Conservative Oregonians. Do you perhaps believe in the FEMA camps and that Obama is going to give all homosexuals Police powers?

Just saying... you may find that socially more then financially you may not fit in.
Actually, I agree, but then again, there is NO place in existence(on earth at least), where I've been able to "fit in" as you say.. Everyone I know agrees I'm one of a kind, and quite anti-social anyway! I'm NOT coming to oregon to make friends, which I never do anyway.. I'm coming there so I can eventually die next to the ocean.. I'm NOT known for my social skills, believe me.. In fact, I try to avoid being around other people as much as possible!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:20 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,454,350 times
Then perhaps you'd be happier deleting your account(s) here and not coming back? It's obvious that we're not helping you the way you want.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,484,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal lover JD View Post
Actually, I agree, but then again, there is NO place in existence(on earth at least), where I've been able to "fit in" as you say.. Everyone I know agrees I'm one of a kind, and quite anti-social anyway! I'm NOT coming to oregon to make friends, which I never do anyway.. I'm coming there so I can eventually die next to the ocean.. I'm NOT known for my social skills, believe me.. In fact, I try to avoid being around other people as much as possible!
And I am sure just the opposite is true.

So what is it you want to do? Die on the coast as AnimalloverJJD or live on the streets of Portland as ProfessorJJD? Everyone you know says you're one of a kind? Baloney. How does anyone so allegedly "anti-social" know people in the first place?

You are not at all unique. Not in the slightest. You are more like a dime a dozen. So many of your type seem to find their way to this forum it's a joke.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Then perhaps you'd be happier deleting your account(s) here and not coming back? It's obvious that we're not helping you the way you want.
True, this board is not overly helpful to a unique individual like myself who doesn't live a "normal" life. HOWEVER, it is an enlightening and good way for me to discover just how much I deviate away from the average person... Even by being unhelpful, I am still learning from this board.. In fact, its definitely opening my eyes as far as personal attitudes and why I am not like any of you! And proud of it!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
And I am sure just the opposite is true.

So what is it you want to do? Die on the coast as AnimalloverJJD or live on the streets of Portland as ProfessorJJD? Everyone you know says you're one of a kind? Baloney. How does anyone so allegedly "anti-social" know people in the first place?

You are not at all unique. Not in the slightest. You are more like a dime a dozen. So many of your type seem to find their way to this forum it's a joke.
Seems like we've had this "discussion" before.. How can you possibly say anyone is a "dime a dozen" while knowing nothing about who they are or what they've been through? Now thats audacity! Unwelcome of course, but outrageous audacity nonetheless...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon