Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:04 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalloverJJD View Post
Seems like we've had this "discussion" before.. How can you possibly say anyone is a "dime a dozen" while knowing nothing about who they are or what they've been through? Now thats audacity! Unwelcome of course, but outrageous audacity nonetheless...
LOL! You are a legend in your own mind.

Your posts are a dime a dozen and a person's posts reflect who they are. It's all been said before.

And it's laughable that you of all people should ask the bolded statement when you have been judging people right and left assuming they have not had a life as difficult as yours or they don't understand what it's like to be homeless. You have made many, many more assumptions about other people.

Quote:
True, this board is not overly helpful to a unique individual like myself who doesn't live a "normal" life. HOWEVER, it is an enlightening and good way for me to discover just how much I deviate away from the average person... Even by being unhelpful, I am still learning from this board.. In fact, its definitely opening my eyes as far as personal attitudes and why I am not like any of you! And proud of it!

Oh, maybe we did have this discussion before. You have taken up so many threads, it's quite possible.

Now you are admitting you are not like any of us and that you deviate from the average person. So you don't fit in here. So don't move here. The bottom line; you won't be allowed to die on the beach, you won't be allowed to sleep in the streets. So once again I will say, you don't belong here. Move to some conservative, tea party town that appreciates your views on life.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM

65 posts, read 94,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
LOL! You are a legend in your own mind.

Your posts are a dime a dozen and a person's posts reflect who they are. It's all been said before.

And it's laughable that you of all people should ask the bolded statement when you have been judging people right and left assuming they have not had a life as difficult as yours or they don't understand what it's like to be homeless. You have made many, many more assumptions about other people.

Oh, maybe we did have this discussion before. You have taken up so many threads, it's quite possible.

Now you are admitting you are not like any of us and that you deviate from the average person. So you don't fit in here. So don't move here. The bottom line; you won't be allowed to die on the beach, you won't be allowed to sleep in the streets. So once again I will say, you don't belong here. Move to some conservative, tea party town that appreciates your views on life.
Well, EXCUSE me for living(or dying)! I can DIE wherever I wish! How can anyone say I can't? God I HATE attitudes like yours.. So elite! I suppose you don't believe in freedom? Or do you believe in freedom for people who can afford it$? With attitudes like that, people like you are a waste of skin! If I wanted to go to the tallest building in the country and throw myself off it, for example, who's to stop me? Can they arrest a corpse? And by the way, I lived homelessly on the beach on florida for 2 years, and I slept right on the beach where you're definitely are not allowed to do that! I figured out how to bury myself in the sand between a buried rug and under a unused lifeguard post(so no one could step on me).. So you really don't know what you are talking about.. People sleep on beaches all the time! Some of them are intelligent enough to figure out how to hide themselves from prying eyes, and never get kicked off.. And my whole point is, I'll be homeless and poor ANYWHERE I go to in this country, so why not in a gorgeous place? I'm CERTAINLY NOT going there to meet people like you, thats for sure!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Well, EXCUSE me for living(or dying)! I can DIE wherever I wish! How can anyone say I can't? God I HATE attitudes like yours.. So elite! I suppose you don't believe in freedom? Or do you believe in freedom for people who can afford it$? With attitudes like that, people like you are a waste of skin! If I wanted to go to the tallest building in the country and throw myself off it, for example, who's to stop me? Can they arrest a corpse? And by the way, I lived homelessly on the beach on florida for 2 years, and I slept right on the beach where you're definitely are not allowed to do that! I figured out how to bury myself in the sand between a buried rug and under a unused lifeguard post(so no one could step on me).. So you really don't know what you are talking about.. People sleep on beaches all the time! Some of them are intelligent enough to figure out how to hide themselves from prying eyes, and never get kicked off.. And my whole point is, I'll be homeless and poor ANYWHERE I go to in this country, so why not in a gorgeous place? I'm CERTAINLY NOT going there to meet people like you, thats for sure!
You are kidding me, right? Oh that's so funny! Comparing beaches in Florida to beaches in Oregon. Now I see how you are going to kill yourself, you are going to freeze to death. And you may like to be aware that there are no lifeguard stations to sleep under on the Oregon beaches.

Watch out for the tides, oh wait, another way to die; drowning.

You are a laugh a minute. Keep 'em coming.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:27 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
Quote:
And by the way, I lived homelessly on the beach on florida for 2 years, and I slept right on the beach where you're definitely are not allowed to do that! I figured out how to bury myself in the sand between a buried rug and under a unused lifeguard post(so no one could step on me).. So you really don't know what you are talking about.. People sleep on beaches all the time!
OK. You're more then welcome to sleep on the beach year around. It's even actually allowed in some parts of the coast!

But keep in mind that in many places high tide frequently comes up past the sand line. That's assuming you're even on a sandy beach in the first place. Most "beaches" are actually tide pools or simply sheer cliffs. Or maybe small rocks for the ultimate in night time comfort. Keep in mind that Oregon Beaches are available to drive on in many places, dodging 4-wheelers is always fun.

You see pictures like this:

Nice day isn't it? NOPE! It was 55 degrees out and the wind brought that down a good ten more degrees.

Here is another beach for you. Don't worry, the water is only a thousand feet away.... straight down!

Oh no! Look at all that sun!!!

And a nice Summer day in early June.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 PM

Perfect! Thats where I wish to live out my remaining years! How can I find out where its 'allowed" on the coast? Temp doesn't bother me, my hometowns Buffalo, ny, much rather have cold instead of heat! In vegas summers are around 115-120 degrees, in "spring" its around 90-100! Those are some nice pics though.. Where can I go thats "allowed", or at least where I'd be left alone?

Old 05-19-2012, 06:05 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
(since I had no friends)
Not sure why. You're such an "up" person...

Old 05-20-2012, 04:29 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
I don't know of any coastal towns West Coast or East Coast for that matter that are cheap to live in. If you are looking for cheap living, perhaps you ought to consider the East Coast, maybe North or South Carolina? You don't seem to have anyone but you to worry about so why don't you try something totally different...the East Coast?

Last edited by Marka; 05-25-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,455 times
If you actually do want to live "free and easy" don't tell people how much money you have or where you are going to live. There are a lot of whacked people out there who will look for you and your 12,000. Live how you want to live but spare the details..I still think you should try the East Coast. In the meantime, mums the word about how much cash you have or where you are going!

Last edited by Marka; 05-25-2012 at 07:09 AM..

Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I don't know of any coastal towns West Coast or East Coast for that matter that are cheap to live in. If you are looking for cheap living, perhaps you ought to consider the East Coast, maybe North or South Carolina? You don't seem to have anyone but you to worry about so why don't you try something totally different...the East Coast?
I CAME from the east coast already! I travelled up and down the coast between florida and maryland for many many years..Hitching, bicycling, walking, etc.. So I know exactly what its like there.. Since I can't do east coast, only the west is left, and I despise california, so its up to oregon or washington..Its pretty simple.. If you think about it, whether a place is cheap or not, you still have poor people living there anyway.. makes no difference..

Old 05-20-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
If you actually do want to live "free and easy" don't tell people how much money you have or where you are going to live. There are a lot of whacked people out there who will look for you and your 12,000. Live how you want to live but spare the details..I still think you should try the East Coast. In the meantime, mums the word about how much cash you have or where you are going!
What money? HAHA.. You mean my whole 12 dollars right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon