Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 05:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Why did the faucet go "Drip, drip, drip."?

Because it couldn't go "Sniff, sniff, sniff."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 05:12 PM

408 posts, read 259,822 times
I have learned two very important things in life.

1. I don't remember the first one.
2. Write everything down.

Goth Chicken restaurant.
Where all the meat is dark and the chicken cuts itself.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:03 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
Two men are peeing off a bridge.

One is from California and one is from Arkansas. The one from California says "Man, this water is cold."

The one from Arkansas says "Yeah, and it's deep too.”

Old 10-19-2019, 03:40 PM

1,289 posts, read 722,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Noodles
That was worth the look. (extra funny because I was a youth pastor for years)

Old 10-28-2019, 12:14 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
What life is like for retirees in Florida

A few years ago, my wife and I moved into a retirement development on Florida 's southeast coast. We are living in the "Delray/ Boca/Boynton Golf, Spa, Bath and Tennis Club on Lake Fake-a-Hachee". There are 3,000 lakes in Florida; only three are real.

Our biggest retirement concern was time management. What were we going to do all day? No longer. Let me assure you, passing the time is not a problem.

Our days are eaten up by simple, daily activities. Just getting out of our car takes 15 minutes. Trying to find where we parked takes 20 minutes. It takes a half-hour in the check-out line in Wal-Mart, and 1 hour to return the item the next day.

Let me take you through a typical day: We get up at 5:00 am, have a quick breakfast and join the early morning Walk-and-Fart Club. There are about 30 of us, and rain or shine, we walk around the streets, all talking at once. Every development has some late risers who stay in bed until 6:00 am. After a nimble walk, avoiding irate drivers out to make us road kill, we go back home, shower and change for the next activity.

My wife goes directly to the pool for her underwater Pilates class, followed by gasping for breath and CPR. I put on my 'Ask me about my Grandchildren' T-shirt, my plaid mid-calf shorts, my black socks and sandals and go to the clubhouse lobby for a nice nap. Before we know it, it's time for lunch.

We go to Costco to partake of the many tasty samples dispensed by ladies in white hair nets. All free! After a filling lunch, if we don't have any doctor appointments, we might go to the flea market to see if any new white belts have come in or to buy a Rolex watch for $2.00.

We're usually back home by 2:00 pm to get ready for dinner. People start lining up for the early bird about 3:00 pm, but we get there by 3:45 because we're late eaters.

The dinners are very popular because of the large portions they serve. We can take home enough food for the next day's lunch and dinner, including extra bread, crackers, packets of mustard, relish, ketchup and Splenda, along with mints.

At 5:30 pm we're home, ready to watch the 6 o'clock news. By 6:30 pm we're fast asleep. Then we get up and make five or six trips to the bathroom during the night, and it's time to get up and start a new day all over again.

Doctor-related activities eat up most of our retirement time. I enjoy reading old magazines in sub-zero temperatures in the waiting room, so I don't mind.

Calling for test results also helps the days fly by. It takes at least a half-hour just getting through the doctor's phone menu. Then there's the hold time until we're connected to the right party. Sometimes they forget we're holding, and the whole office goes off to lunch.

Should we find we still have time on our hands, volunteering provides a rewarding opportunity to help the less fortunate.

Florida has the largest concentration of seniors under five feet and they need our help. I myself am a volunteer for 'The Vertically Challenged Over 80.' I coach their basketball team, The Arthritic Avengers. The hoop is only 4-1/2 feet from the floor. You should see the look of confidence on their faces when they make a slam dunk.

Food shopping is a problem for short seniors, or 'bottom feeders' as we call them, because they can't reach the items on the upper shelves. There are many foods they've never tasted. After shopping, most seniors can't remember where they parked their cars and wander the parking lot for hours while their food defrosts.

Lastly, it's important to choose a development with an impressive name. Italian names are very popular in Florida. They convey world travelers, uppity sophistication and wealth. Where would you rather live: Murray's Condos or the Lakes of Venice? There's no difference -- they're both owned by Murray, who happens to be a cheap bastard.

I hope this material has been of help to you future retirees. If I can be of any further assistance, please look me up when you're in Florida. I live in the Leaning Condos of Pisa in Boynton Beach.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:41 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
I keep asking people what LGBT means...but I never get a straight answer.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:14 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Puns for Fun

A sign in a shoe repair store in Vancouver reads:
We will heel you. We will save your sole. We will even dye for you.

A sign on a Blinds and Curtain truck:
Blind man driving.

A sign over a Gynecologist’s office:
Dr. Jones, at your cervix

A sign in a Podiatrist’s office:
Time wounds all heels.

A siGN on a Septic Tank truck:
Yesterday’s meals on wheels.

A sign in an Optometrist’s office:
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.

A sign on a Plumber’s truck:
We repair what your husband fixed.

A sign on another Plumber’s truck:
Don’t sleep with a drip, call your plumber.

A sign at a Tire Shop in Milwaukee:
Invite us to your next blowout.

A sign on an Electrician’s truck:
Let us remove your shorts.

A sign in a Non-smoking Area:
If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and will take appropriate action.

A sign on a Maternity Room door:
Push. Push. Push.

A sign at a Car Dealership:
The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment.

A sign outside a Muffler Shop:
No appointment necessary. We hear coming.

A sign in a Veterinarian’s waiting room:
Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!

A sign at the Electric Company:
We would be delighted if you send in your payment on time. However, if you don’t, you WILL be delighted!

A sign in a Restaurant window:
Don’t stand there and be hungry: come on in and get fed up.

A sign in the front yard of a Funeral Home:
Drive carefully. We’ll wait.

A sign at a Propane Filling Station:
Thank Heaven for little grills.

A sign in a Chicago Radiator shop:
Best place in town to take a leak.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:10 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
You know how to top a car?

You tep on the brake, Tupid!

Old 11-07-2019, 11:11 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
A U.S. Marine Colonel was about to start the morning briefing to his staff. While waiting for the coffee machine to finish its brewing, the colonel decided to pose a question to all assembled.

He explained that his wife had been a bit frisky the night before and he failed to get his usual amount of sound sleep. He posed the question of just how much of sex was "work" and how much of it was "pleasure?"

A Major chimed in with 25-75% in favor of work . A Captain said it was 50-50%. A lieutenant responded with 25-75% in favor of pleasure , depending upon his state of inebriation at the time.

There being no consensus, the colonel turned to the PFC (Private First Class) who was in charge of making the coffee. What was HIS opinion?

Without any hesitation, the young PFC responded, "Sir, it has to be 100% pleasure."
The colonel was surprised and, as you might guess, asked why.
"Well, sir, if there was any work involved, the officers would have me doing it for them."

Old 11-24-2019, 10:34 PM

408 posts, read 259,822 times
How do you make a small fortune racing cars? Start with a large fortune.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Asking an orthodontist if you need braces is like asking a barber if you need a haircut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics