Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times

Advertisements

I was in my mid 30's when I had my dd. My parents never once hinted to me about having a baby. Whether they wanted a grandchild or not, they kept their thought to themselves. I will be the same w/ my dd and respect the decision she makes regarding having children someday. I do know there's a certain breed of dog she said she will one day own, so I know I'm going to have a "granddog" someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,134,928 times
I would be okay with it. My brother is already saying he doesn't want children (he is sixteen). My mom is fine with it, so as long as SOMEONE gives her a baby, lol.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
It is the "kids" own individual decision. It is a personal matter that is best left up to the couple. Life is stressful enough these days and kids are very expensive. I don't know how many people do it anymore. Also, many people worry about what the future is going to be like. What will the US be like 20 years from now?

Old 01-26-2012, 01:15 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
I'd be proud my kid was smart enough to not selfishly subject another human to being born into a world that gets more overpopulated and invasive. With readily available birth control, pretty much only selfish people intentionally have biological children. If you want a kid so bad, do the decent thing and adopt.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,043,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Relieved.
Me, too!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,708 times
I would be OK with it...but I do hope one of them gives me a grandkid. I was mid 30's when I started having kids and my parents never mentioned it ever and I am an only child. They never saw me dating (I was too busy working) so they did ask me if I was gay once...but that is for another thread.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'd be proud my kid was smart enough to not selfishly subject another human to being born into a world that gets more overpopulated and invasive. With readily available birth control, pretty much only selfish people intentionally have biological children. If you want a kid so bad, do the decent thing and adopt.
REALLY!!?? So you have a kid? You only had one out of sheer selfishness?....or are you speaking hypothetically?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
You can't be serious w/ that statement. I'm guessing you're trying to stir the pot for debate.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,678,851 times
Quote:

Wow. Im bothered by this statement as well. Why would it make you selfish to have your own child? And FWIW having a biological child (given you have medical insurance) is ALOT cheaper than adopting. If I was forced to adopt than have my child then I would be one childless person.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:41 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
My cousin is married and has twins and the announce they are having another kid. I can't believe it, especially when they are only 26 or 27 years old. I don't know how they can afford three kids when they aren't making a ton of money. That is one thing that is just bizarre about the middle part of the country is that the social culture is becoming extremely divergent compared to other regions. People still get married at young ages and start having kids immediately. I just don't understand that kind of behavior considering it's 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting