Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:15 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, the one who wanted to know why his girlfriend couldn't just move on after having a late-term miscarriage the previous week, the one who wants to divorce his devoted wife after 30 years so he can have his affairs in peace ... that guy. He enjoys the negative attention his stories generate.
Some pricks hurt worse than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 08:49 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Some pricks hurt worse than others.
is that another word for Troll buddy.....

Old 02-25-2016, 09:14 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I think developing a responsible gun safety routine should be your first priority. It needs to be second nature. Whenever we would visit other LEO friends the first thing all of them would do is take their duty, or off duty weapons and put them in a safe place wherever our friend wanted them.

We weren't used to having young ones around early on in our marriage and John always kept his gun on our night stand. We had friends with young ones come to visit and the first thing they did was run up to our bedroom. They were up there for at least a couple of minutes before I asked John about his gun. We ran up and luckily they hadn't discovered it. It was a horrifying experience that could have resulted in a disaster.

Lesson learned. To this day the gun is locked up. I think you need to get in the habit of making gun safety your first priority. Sometimes you only have one chance to get it right.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think developing a responsible gun safety routine should be your first priority. It needs to be second nature. Whenever we would visit other LEO friends the first thing all of them would do is take their duty, or off duty weapons and put them in a safe place wherever our friend wanted them.

We weren't used to having young ones around early on in our marriage and John always kept his gun on our night stand. We had friends with young ones come to visit and the first thing they did was run up to our bedroom. They were up there for at least a couple of minutes before I asked John about his gun. We ran up and luckily they hadn't discovered it. It was a horrifying experience that could have resulted in a disaster.

Lesson learned. To this day the gun is locked up. I think you need to get in the habit of making gun safety your first priority. Sometimes you only have one chance to get it right.
so true friend..... because were not used to guns in the house or anywhere it makes them a lot more scary...

Last edited by dizzybint; 02-25-2016 at 10:33 AM..

Old 02-25-2016, 10:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'd bet money that the OP was a reappearing firestarter we get over on the Relationships board. His writing style and recurrent themes are pretty recognizable after a while. He's posted on this board a few times, but typically his threads are on Relationships, where this one started. This is still a valid topic; Great Debates argues hypothetical scenarios all the time.
Yep, he's the "Bad Dad" poster and has some serious psychological issues. It makes me very uncomfortable that he is "out there" somewhere.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yep, he's the "Bad Dad" poster and has some serious psychological issues. It makes me very uncomfortable that he is "out there" somewhere.
yes and how many names does the bam use on here.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:00 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Fear of firearms is an emotional reaction that was instilled in her from a terrible event as a teen. You cannot apply logic to those feelings, you can only attempt to rationalize them, try to deal with them, or simply live with them.
THIS

She was mentally damaged by the trauma that she went through. Years of therapy might help, but at this point she is extremely afraid of firearms. You can not change that.

Lock it in your glove compartment, when you get out of your vehicle.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
yes and how many names does the bam use on here.
Translation: idiot

Old 02-25-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Again, can someone please tell me what High Powered Position requires him to be Armed in the Home?

Police don't take their weapons home. Why does this guy?
I have worked in PDs where we left our firearms at work, and I have seen many PDs where the officers went home with their firearms.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I also think the mother's trauma is not relevant. Many moms, lots of moms would feel the same exact way without the trauma. If you have a child, any age, newborn to teen, you lock up your guns. Right away. No delay. ou would have to be an idiot not to.
You are assuming that these 'many' moms are not carrying a firearm themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting