Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
No argument on your daughter here at all from me.

I think the gray area comes in when you've got a leech like Suleman who is milking the system but now has 14 children to feed, clothe & provide sufficient medical care for. We all know she can't do that. She was irresponsible and narcissistic in continuing to get pregnant, knowing that she would have to rely on government assistance.

I think there is a very big difference between your situation and that of Suleman's - you're part of a working family that has paid INTO the system through taxes. Government assistance works when it helps people who are having a tough spell but who have every intention of working (& do). Sadly, there are too many that abuse the system creating a bad stereotype so that when a family or individual does need help they are viewed unfairly.

I think that in general, there's a lot of anger at Suleman for bringing children into a situation that is bound to be unhealthy FOR HER CHILDREN on so many levels. We "care" and wonder at how she didn't - we are angry at the implications. Most of us can't do anything about it but vent on a message board.

That anger has morphed into debate and mud-slinging about so many subjects that suddenly many of us are "experts" on and just need to write about. Feet are going into mouths left & right as a consequence but I guess that's part of what makes America grand.
Complications are starting to arise as she has received large payments for the tabloid shows & magazines she has sat down it.

The children with disabilities will still receive their payments as they rightly should, etc. Who knows how she spends the $$ but unfortunately, she makes sure she is photographed in the last places those who are unemployed for 10 years & on government assistance should be

But the food stamps will stop along with any other assistance she has been given now that she has generated an income.

Let's also hope that out the estimated $1 mill she has made so far, that she has been smart enough to put some aside for taxes..but she is going to be hit up for taxes on monetary gifts over $500.

$1 mill (probably about $850,000 once taxes are taken out) is not enough to support 14 children under the age of 7, 8 who will need extensive medical care for the next year for a long period of time. If she had fiscial responsibility, it could last for a long time...but the $50,000 she owes in students loans & the $24,000 her mother owes on the home she lives in with her children....it is not the answer.

So, she is either going to have to keep selling her story or get a job b/c the federal assistance has stopped. Seeing that she has the mindset that she does not need to work, she is selling her story to everyone.

Actually, money isn't the answer here. Nor are taxes or subsidies.

Taking the children from the home isn't the answer either.

There isn't an answer & again, that is part of the extreme anger people have about this situation...how could a person do this to children when there had been and still is no way to care for them over a period of time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
So many comprehension issues here.

My thread about my daughter's birthday party was for the guests! My parents and aunts and uncles REQUESTED a list!! HELLOOO. Anybody in there. I wanted gifts she could use not big bulky expensive plastic toys I had no room for!!

And you did mention her. You mentioned she should not get "entitled" insurance that I should be paying for it.

She is a baby. She is a child. She is a citezen. She is innocent. She has hard working educated parents who spend every last dollar on her. She IS entitled to have her very own country provide her medical coverage whether or not her parents can pay!

And so does Nadya's children!
The comprehension issues are with YOU. I never said your kid shouldn't have insurance. My, but don't you like to get off track. I said YOU should be paying for it... not the taxpayers. It sounds like you were never financially able to provide the insurance not only for your kid, but yourselves, so you go to the state (taxpayers) to subsidize you. Hmmm.... who else does that? Your kid is NOT entitled to have the contry provide medical coverage, she's entitled to PARENTS to provide that. In case you don't understand what I just said, that was a statement about HER PARENTS.

And the gift registry? The fact you actually had to post that question shows that if you could have gotten away with doing that without looking entitled, you would have. And providing a simple list to relatives isn't a big deal, really.

By the way, you should see all the reps I got for my previous posts!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:19 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
And someone said I sound like someone on assistance? Get over it already. I work. My husband works. I pay taxes. He pays taxes. Neither of us are getting even close to half of it back. We can't afford health insurance by any means right now. The state aid we are on is based on a sliding scale. We still pay a premium. We still pay a co-payment. However, my daughter's is completely free as it should be.
Why on earth should your daughter be completely free? By the way she is not free, the taxpayers are footing her medical bills because believe me, the doctors aren't donating their time to the county, they still get paid.

I work for a living, as does my husband and they are not paid for by the state. Why are yours? I don't see how when you work for a living that the children get free health benefits? How does that even begin to work?

Looks like a nerve was hit with the whole public assistance thing.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Do you understand that I am starting to get less respect for your husband whose service was subsidised by countless taxpayers who were against the Iraq war?
You are welcome to your opinion, HOWEVER, you crossed a line here.

You are in Canada, and have no right what-so-ever to make a statement like the above.

When you are in OUR country, paying OUR taxes and sending YOUR man in OUR name to war, then you can make a statement like that. NOT UNTIL.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
This has so little to do with tax dollars but there is close to $10 million hospital bill that someone has to pay & officially, Kaiser has come out & said she cannot do it, they cannot do it, so can CA do it?

She the face of thousands who do indeed cheat the system for their own benefit. And added up, these people are the reasons taxes do go up along with all the other issues.
Yeah- what she said! We are getting stuck with her bills when she should have been responsible and stopped having kids. What a poor excuse for a citizen. There are others out there, but kinda hard to accuse them when you can't prove they got pregnant on PURPOSE.

We all make sacrifices as parents. THAT is a big part of being a parent, she has sacrificed NOTHING because she does whatever she wants with no concern for others - who include her parents and her children. What kind of mother is that?

Quote:
Again, you don't continue to bring children into this world if you cannot provide for them & yet have the audacity to tell others to take care of them for you.

Based on your financial sitation, would you continue to bring children into this world on a yearly basis for the next 6 years? Oh, yeah, but you have to be unemployed as well as your husband. And then lie about receiving assistance from the government when asked about it.

The state of CA has been having financial troubles for quite some time. She is only adding to it.
Yes, and we expect all people to be responsible and functioning members of society. This women is neither nor has she any intentions of becoming one. First off she is mentally ill, secondly she has babies galore and hasn't worked in 8 years and is a professional student.

I know there are other leaches out there, but my problem is that rarely is it so blatanly rubbed in our faces just how extensive a case of welfare fraud as this.
Welfare is meant to help people in need who find themselves in circumstances beyond their control (we like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and say that they didn't mean to end up where they did) and help them get back on their feet.
Welfare is not here to foot the bill for a lifetime of people who rather take from the system to satisfy their own delusion needs and desires rather than restrain themselves and overcome their station in life.

This girl did not come from an underpriveleged family, she has no business doing what she did. The babies ARE the ones who will suffer for having this crackpot lady as a mother.

Grandma is looking old and tired and dad is off working to support the grandchildren and is not available. Children to need LOVe but i doubt this women can provide even that because of the QUANTITY of children so close in age.

Her womb- and now her home is nothing but a glorified daycare and there are reasons LIMITS as to how many children per adult is safe and reasonable.

Last edited by Taboo2; 02-20-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
She IS entitled to have her very own country provide her medical coverage whether or not her parents can pay!
So you are saying that even if the parents CAN afford to pay for her medical, that they should instead take from the state for medical insurance because she is entitled?
Woah.

Well, until we have universal healthcare, no one is entitled to anything here. We are all just qualifying to get aid.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:57 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
Quote:
So many comprehension issues here.

My thread about my daughter's birthday party was for the guests! My parents and aunts and uncles REQUESTED a list!! HELLOOO. Anybody in there. I wanted gifts she could use not big bulky expensive plastic toys I had no room for!!

And you did mention her. You mentioned she should not get "entitled" insurance that I should be paying for it.

She is a baby. She is a child. She is a citezen. She is innocent. She has hard working educated parents who spend every last dollar on her. She IS entitled to have her very own country provide her medical coverage whether or not her parents can pay!

And so does Nadya's children!
Two "hard-working educated parents" shouldn't be drawing public assistance, period.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Let's take her inventory:

Her mother stopped paying her mortgage in May, 2008

Suleman's disibility ran out...............................2008

Suleman's 3 older kids went on social security.....2008 (for VERY minor reasons)

Suleman insisted the doc implant all remaining embryos because that's how many were left (her words, not mine)to the tune of $100,000...........2008

Suleman managed to have lip and nose work done BEFORE she had the last bunch of implants (most likely so when she gave birth, the general public would think WOW, she looks just like A.J.)............................................. ..............2008.

Does anybody besides me see a pattern emerging here? She knew EXACTLY what she was doing and planned it FAR in advance.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Why on earth should your daughter be completely free? By the way she is not free, the taxpayers are footing her medical bills because believe me, the doctors aren't donating their time to the county, they still get paid.

I work for a living, as does my husband and they are not paid for by the state. Why are yours? I don't see how when you work for a living that the children get free health benefits? How does that even begin to work?

Looks like a nerve was hit with the whole public assistance thing.

Get off all your high horses already. You hear and read what you want.

I am a taxpayer. I paid into insurance for years and didn't use it. I work full time along with my husband. We decided to finish school to make a better living in the future.

Illinois state aid is based on income. If you have none, you pay nothing. We DO make money and even though it is none of your business, we pay $300 a month plus $8 co-pays. We had to pay 40 percent of the hospital bill.

It still doesn't matter if I was a deadbeat. MY child and every other child deserves healthcare NO MATTER WHAT the parent's status is!

Please as I've said before. You all seem to have so many answers and solutions. Then by all means FIX THE PROBLEMS!!!!

I have nothing to prove to you and neither does Nadya's children. No one has broken any laws. I have looked over the Patient's AND Physicians Right's and Responsibilities. No one has breached ANYTHING! Not one Felony or Misdemeanor not even neglagence.

The aid is there. The help is there. The system ALLOWS what has happened. If it was such an issue the government wouldn't have aid for people. What do THEY have to gain by helping people in need? Or is it the fact that they are taking YOUR money while all the "higher ups" continue to get the best medical care, fancy cars houses and vacations?

Your problem should be with the government, not with the people who are recieving LEGAL aid.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
BUt that is NOT WHAT THIS thread is about!

It's about consequneces of living in a society where instant gratification is glorified & where responsibility is passed off to next in line.
So you are upset with the society! Spew your poison into the society's face then. Why are you clinging to one woman???

There are a couple of 60 year olds moms in the latest news have had twins and quadriplets.

Go after them, diversify some!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting