Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,482,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
And this is coming from whom?

If your hubby is still in the army, that means he is heavily subsidized by taxpayers, you are subsidized by taxpayers, your kids are subsidized by taxpayers.

You personally are not a taxpayer since you are a SAHM. And you hope to stay SAHM for a s long as you can be subsidized. Spewing hate and engaging in mob behavior while on subsidy.
Her husband sure as h*ll did give something and EARNED it. The two things you are comparing are so drastically different.

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-21-2009 at 06:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,232,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Then don't make offensive comments about those who are risking their lives serving our country.

That wasn't me!

I don't support war! I support men and women in the service. The war does not however.

I repeat, keep my daughter out of it.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,521,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
And this is coming from whom?

If your hubby is still in the army, that means he is heavily subsidized by taxpayers, you are subsidized by taxpayers, your kids are subsidized by taxpayers.

You personally are not a taxpayer since you are a SAHM. And you hope to stay SAHM for a s long as you can be subsidized. Spewing hate and engaging in mob behavior while on subsidy.
No, he is not.

People join the military for many reasons. And when you join, you take an oath to obey the orders of the commander in chief, who is the President of the US. Most hope that the commander in chief is ethical, moral, and making decisions based on the best interests of the country. As history has shown, this is not always the case.

Many fine, fine people have left military service based on Iraq. My dh could not support something he did not feel was right. But soldiers just cannot say "No, I don't want to go to Iraq, so I'm not going." So, yes, he had to go to Iraq. Again, to understand this would require an education about the military.

If you had any clue what soldiers go through when they are deployed, you would never have made such a ridiculous statement, but you don't.

So, your ignorant comments were a "stab in the back" to the estimated 2,500 US children whose parent was blown apart or shot to death in Iraq or Afghanistan. Your ignorant comment was a "stab in the back" to the thousands upon thousands of innocent Iraqi or Afgahn children who no longer have parents b/c their parents have been beheaded, shot, blown up, and tortured by insurgents from Iran and Pakistan. Your ignorant comments were a "stab in the back" to 5,000 permanently disabled soldiers who have lost arms, legs and parts of their faces.

You are part of the group of uneducated & ignorant who assume that soliders in the military pick up a gun & say "Hey, cool, who can I kill?" You no so little...what a disservice to your children.

To attack my husband was lame. He has nothing to do with any of what I was saying. I did not attack the sperm donor. Don't know a thing about him. Nor do I really care to.

Military members actually have to "work" to get a paycheck. Nayda Suleman hasn't worked in 10 years but she's been able to be pregnant 6 times. Therefore, she is capable of eve getting a job at McDonalds in the AM to bring in some money to help subsidize the money she lives off of...that being her parents

Nayda Suleman was a grown woman when she decided to stay unemployed and continue to get pregnant.

To me, the sickness of this situation has little to do with the tax situation.

I've stated several times that she is a disservice to single moms who are working their asses off to provide for their children.

I've stated several times that the babies are being overlooked due to her narcissism which is apparent to everyone.

I've stated every time that these babies deserve the right people with the right intentions to come into their lives & help them.

What does Nayda Suleman have to do with children who are in a classroom? I have no idea how a person knows if another person pays taxes or not unless the information is freely given.

It's obvious that you wish you were in this woman's position or you are lacking something that is greatly effecting your mindset. That is unfortunate b/c you have children.

If I was being heavily subsized by taxpayers, I wouldn't keep having babies that I had no clue how to take care of financially. I wouldn't be getting cosmetic surgery & manicures. I wouldn't be buying MAC makeup.

My dh & I both worked when in the military. So, yes, we were subsidized by taxpayers. That is how the government pays the military. But we got out butts out of bed every day & went to work.

There are thousands in the military who wake up every day, drop their chidlren off to day care, and go to work.

Nayda Suleman hasn't worked in 10 years. She has continued to purposely get pregnant & expect others to pay for it..that being her parents.

Again, it's sad situation. Even sadder are those out there who strive to be her based on their own illnesses.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Do you not think there is a difference b/w those who work & get subsidized this or that compare to those who do not work based on..well, just not wanting to work?

Do you continue to get pregnant in a manner that you know could lead to multiple births knowning full well you have no income to support even the prenatal care? And that you have no intention on working any time soon?

Every penny that is donated to this woman should be in an escrow account for the children.

To deny the children what they need is wrong.

But no one on here has stated that the children should be denied anything.

As for her, she is a shining example of just what is so wrong with many people in this country.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,087,868 times
For anyone attacking our men and women in uniform and their spouses for 'being subsidized' by tax payers (and therefore having no rights to say anything...?) would you say this to countless other government employees???

I've heard Mrs. Obama basically thinks of herself as a SAHM...is she working the system because our taxes pay for her husband's salary? Should she just shut up and not have a comment because 'we are paying her insurance and so on' with our taxes? What about all those other government employees and their 'SAHMs??"

That is a sad argument.

It's also pathetic that anyone 'on any assistance' has no right to comment (according to some people). Are you aware that this is one of the few countries in the Western world where children DO NOT get guaranteed medical by the government?)

As our friend up in Canada knows, you get 'free medical' (okay via your taxes but if you can't pay, your kids still get medical coverage). In the USA, if you DARE not afford the HUGE premiums you get stigmatized.

America...where the rich are only allowed to comment...everyone is a deadbeat..???

Last edited by GypsySoul22; 02-20-2009 at 07:59 AM..

Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,826,988 times
Quote:
Ignorant and rude. You know nothing about what I am on yet you make statements like this. WE PAY A PREMIUM AND A COPAYMENT!!!!!I work. My husband works. The only difference is it is on a sliding scale. Don't be bitter. You can get the exact same insurance that I have if you chose. It is open to EVERYONE no matter what your income is! Whether it be zero or $200,000 a year!!!! . It is open to everyone. People who pay 1200 bucks a month don't "like" my insurance because you are extremely limited to who you can go to. And quite honestly, you have to look around for quality doctors that take it. Why some people choose to spend $1200 or more a month for their HMO rather than $300 (same bracket would pay this amount) is YOUR choice!!!!

Yes my daughter is entitled. AND WE DO PAY FOR IT WITH OUR TAXES EVERY DAY WE WORK. You can have a problem with it all you want. Don't mess with my daughter. Don't make another goddamn comment about my little girl. Don't even bring her into this anymore. Especially if you have thoughts that my little innocent girl should be left with no medical insurance. And that IS what you are saying because for NOW and maybe the next year WE CANNOT AFFORD IT. We both have decided to finish up school so we can get better jobs AND PAY for higher quality health care. Which is OUR choice. I will not be bitter for anyone who chooses a different path.

I have paid my goddamn taxes every year since I was 14! My husband as well! We also had insurance through HMO for over 9 years and used it TWICE! YES TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So those of you who have insurance and used it MORE than me were using MY money too! That is just how it works.

So I see a very large amount of money (more than $30,000) that both of us have paid into that is OURS and any other person's who needs it.

I have no problem calling you a "human hater" with an added emphasise on HATING BABIES!!!

And I do repeat. Keep my kid out of this. Say one more thing, I swear
I take my info from what you post. And I posted nothing about your kid. I posted about you and your entitlement attitude... you know, like the post about wanting to put large ticket items on your kids' birthday registry because since you can't afford them, your birthday party guests should pay for them.

Get over it, or stop posting information in a way that leads people to think that you are on assistance. And yes, I do know something about you, through your posts. And because I called you out on your entitlement, that makes me a human and baby hater?

And if you don't want your kid mentioned, then leave her out of it. But first learn the difference between mentioning the kid and the mentioning of your handling of situations regarding her.

Now, settle down.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,794,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I have no idea what to make of this story. Apparently, this woman already has 6 kids so now she has 14. And she is living with her parents! Does anyone know who the father is?

Family: Octuplets' mother has 6 other children - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_on_re_us/octuplets - broken link)
My personalopinion is there should be no such thing as fertility doctors. If God would have wanted you to have children, He would have made you fertile.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,232,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I take my info from what you post. And I posted nothing about your kid. I posted about you and your entitlement attitude... you know, like the post about wanting to put large ticket items on your kids' birthday registry because since you can't afford them, your birthday party guests should pay for them.

Get over it, or stop posting information in a way that leads people to think that you are on assistance. And yes, I do know something about you, through your posts. And because I called you out on your entitlement, that makes me a human and baby hater?

And if you don't want your kid mentioned, then leave her out of it. But first learn the difference between mentioning the kid and the mentioning of your handling of situations regarding her.

Now, settle down.

So many comprehension issues here.

My thread about my daughter's birthday party was for the guests! My parents and aunts and uncles REQUESTED a list!! HELLOOO. Anybody in there. I wanted gifts she could use not big bulky expensive plastic toys I had no room for!!

And you did mention her. You mentioned she should not get "entitled" insurance that I should be paying for it.

She is a baby. She is a child. She is a citezen. She is innocent. She has hard working educated parents who spend every last dollar on her. She IS entitled to have her very own country provide her medical coverage whether or not her parents can pay!

And so does Nadya's children!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
So many comprehension issues here.

My thread about my daughter's birthday party was for the guests! My parents and aunts and uncles REQUESTED a list!! HELLOOO. Anybody in there. I wanted gifts she could use not big bulky expensive plastic toys I had no room for!!

And you did mention her. You mentioned she should not get "entitled" insurance that I should be paying for it.

She is a baby. She is a child. She is a citezen. She is innocent. She has hard working educated parents who spend every last dollar on her. She IS entitled to have her very own country provide her medical coverage whether or not her parents can pay!

How has said that these kids should suffer?

Who?

This thread is about the **** poor, selfish, ridiculous mindset of "I want a gizillion kids. I will have a gizillion kids. "

It is WRONG to CONTINUALLY and PURPOSELY bring children into this world if you have absolutely no means to support them.

All children deserve medical care. There is no debate about that one. I also believe that medical care for children needs to be greatly overhauled so that all families can provide the very best medical care.

But this thread is not about the innocent children, Miasmommy, it is about their very selfish, very narcisstic, very ill mother who has enabling parents.

And maybe some are so pissed b/c the children ARE being overlooked in this situation. They are.

She has the time to sit down with a paid interview with Dr. Phil while her babies are still in NICU. That's wrong. She can hold off on the interview.

I'm up all night when my children have a cold....if they were in NICU? I wouldn't be out looking at makeup & getting a manicure.

She knows she is being photographed. She is working the media.

And the children are suffering. She has 6 babies at home. Is a manicure really that important?

Again, CHILDREN and subsidized healthcare is one thing. BUt that is NOT WHAT THIS thread is about!

It's about consequneces of living in a society where instant gratification is glorified & where responsibility is passed off to next in line.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:42 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,130,763 times
Quote:
She IS entitled to have her very own country provide her medical coverage whether or not her parents can pay!

No argument on your daughter here at all from me.

I think the gray area comes in when you've got a leech like Suleman who is milking the system but now has 14 children to feed, clothe & provide sufficient medical care for. We all know she can't do that. She was irresponsible and narcissistic in continuing to get pregnant, knowing that she would have to rely on government assistance.

I think there is a very big difference between your situation and that of Suleman's - you're part of a working family that has paid INTO the system through taxes. Government assistance works when it helps people who are having a tough spell but who have every intention of working (& do). Sadly, there are too many that abuse the system creating a bad stereotype so that when a family or individual does need help they are viewed unfairly.

I think that in general, there's a lot of anger at Suleman for bringing children into a situation that is bound to be unhealthy FOR HER CHILDREN on so many levels. We "care" and wonder at how she didn't - we are angry at the implications. Most of us can't do anything about it but vent on a message board.

That anger has morphed into debate and mud-slinging about so many subjects that suddenly many of us are "experts" on and just need to write about. Feet are going into mouths left & right as a consequence but I guess that's part of what makes America grand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting