Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2023, 05:46 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,140,426 times

Advertisements

They make a lot of sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 05:48 AM

2,045 posts, read 788,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
They make a lot of sense to me.
Yet, they'll turn around and vote how they always vote. And I'm not expecting much from Parker regarding 'getting tough' - she has 'her people' to answer to.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:55 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,140,426 times
I'll just say before moving back to Philly, I lived in MD for 20+ years. Where on the state level anyway, my vote didn't count. Here in swing Purple PA (that's what I call it when teasing my friends) it does.

Perhaps policies made in Harrisburg can somehow affect Philly for the better when it comes to crime, development, taxes, and the future of the city in general....so that in 2035 Philly will actually be a better city in every positive way.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:01 AM

1,213 posts, read 956,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
I don't like you and you don't like me, but you're correct for once. I've been saying this for years.

I wish the government would help me 'have the opportunity' to live in Society Hill.
Thanks Hermie for the input on my city. How's Jerzie-livin' these days BTW?

Old 08-15-2023, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Thanks Hermie for the input on my city. How's Jerzie-livin' these days BTW?
The people I know who escaped Philly for there seem to like it.

You doing anything to help make our city better? Reporting graffiti, cleaning up some litter perhaps?

South Philly is filthy ... I wish more residents would get involved.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:36 AM

1,213 posts, read 956,927 times
Quote:
The people I know who escaped Philly for there seem to like it.

You doing anything to help make our city better? Reporting graffiti, cleaning up some litter perhaps?

South Philly is filthy ... I wish more residents would get involved.
Well, I live there and pay way more taxes than I guarantee you do. Also, as mentioned, I LIVE there.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Well, I live there and pay way more taxes than I guarantee you do. Also, as mentioned, I LIVE there.
Live there where? Jersey? Why so hostile?

And if you're paying way more taxes than me, too bad for you. We have the Homestead Exemption. All is good!

I pay taxes, but still find the time and courage to help make things better. What do you do besides pay too much in taxes?

Old 08-15-2023, 07:50 AM

9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Quote:
Yet, they'll turn around and vote how they always vote. And I'm not expecting much from Parker regarding 'getting tough' - she has 'her people' to answer to.
I don't disagree with some points brought up recently, but Conservatives do the same thing. People are people, we all have similar tendencies even if some are liberal and some are conservative.

To add to the affordable housing discussion, the hysteria about affordable housing in a largely affordable city confuses me. Housing is important, but the bigger issue (IMO) is the lack of opportunity for low income residents and a lack of basic necessities to support low income communities. The Governor has plans to address some issues at state level, but local leaders need to address it at city level.

The Sixers owners should offer opportunities for small contractors to be involved in the arena, and offer trades training for young men/women and introduce them to a lucrative career. That is more beneficial than mandated affordable housing in a part of the city that normal middle class people can't even afford. But most people protesting the arena don't have the foresight to see those positives, they just see the "end" of Chinatown... And most legitimate critiques about the arena are lost in the the fake noise at this point...

(Maybe naïve, but my take).

Old 08-15-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I don't disagree with some points brought up recently, but Conservatives do the same thing. People are people, we all have similar tendencies even if some are liberal and some are conservative.

BUT, Conservative policies haven't destroyed every major city in America.

And, no, just no to Affirmative Action contractors.

Moving on ...

Old 08-15-2023, 08:25 AM

9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Quote:
BUT, Conservative policies haven't destroyed every major city in America.

And, no, just no to Affirmative Action contractors.

Moving on ...
O right, always the Democrats fault... You complain about everything, criticize everyone, blame everyone, and offer no solutions.

Now moving on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia