Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times

Advertisements

I have visited Tartesso and the community is nice. The drive into downtown Phoenix, however, is f-a-r. It's not a big deal for my Husband but it will be for me since I will most likely get a job in Phoenix. The commute is definitely something for me to think about when I have to work and manage the household. Anyway, Tartesso is a very nice area but depending on your threshold for traffic and a long commute into Phoenix, you may want to think twice about it. Likewise, there isn't a whole lot there either but everybody is saying that sooner or later, commercial real estate is bound to pop up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 11:47 PM
ejk

126 posts, read 594,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famove View Post
My family is moving to AZ this year due to a job transfer and are considering the Tatesso area. I would like to know what the schools are like and am concerned about the air traffic from Luke Airforce Base. Does anyone have any information about the noise level. Do the planes fly over this deveopment ? If so how often?
Thanks
We live in Sundance which is just a bit SE of Tartesso. The planes do fly over our house but they are not low enough for noise to be a big concern, so if they fly over Tartesso, the noise should not be bad. I don't notice them most of the time, and it's not as if they are flying all day long. HTH

Old 03-18-2007, 02:11 PM

5 posts, read 26,067 times
Default Powerlines

We just came back from seeing Tartesso and we LOVED it, but when we went to go see the lot there were BIG power lines like right there. Not the little ones, but the BIG HUGE power lines. So, we decided not to buy there. Beautiful community but that turned us off.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
ejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfuture View Post
We just came back from seeing Tartesso and we LOVED it, but when we went to go see the lot there were BIG power lines like right there. Not the little ones, but the BIG HUGE power lines. So, we decided not to buy there. Beautiful community but that turned us off.
Yeah, we have those in Sundance too. At first we hated them but then we realized they guaranteed us an unobstructed view of the mountains, since nobody can build anything directly behind us. Our house is far enough away where the lines are not dominating our scenery though.

I can see where that would turn some people away, though.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 PM

46 posts, read 284,095 times
Question Tartesso in Buckeye

We are headed out there tomorrow to put a purchase contract on a new house. The traffic isn't too bad if you can avoid rush hour. We cannot believe the nice lots and the features included. Does anyone know what to expect in electricity costs for a single level 2800 sq ft house? We are just 2 people but home all day. We are used to SRP utilities and this area must be serviced by APS who is apparently far more expensive. Also, do you know if cell phones work well out there?

Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
ejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderdash View Post
We are headed out there tomorrow to put a purchase contract on a new house. The traffic isn't too bad if you can avoid rush hour. We cannot believe the nice lots and the features included. Does anyone know what to expect in electricity costs for a single level 2800 sq ft house? We are just 2 people but home all day. We are used to SRP utilities and this area must be serviced by APS who is apparently far more expensive. Also, do you know if cell phones work well out there?
Our house is almost that size and our bill can run over $300 in the summer. We have a 2-story though. Winter is not bad at all. Once you've been there for a year you can get on the budget plan and pay a flat amount year-round.

Some cell phones work, some don't. You can check your carrier's website for a map. I've been able to drive most of the Parkway without losing a signal, but there are some dead spots for me. I haven't tried from within Tartesso though.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
ejk

I should clarify, that "over $300" seems to be only right at the peak, just one or two months. But this will only be our 3rd summer so it is hard to tell.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM

23 posts, read 93,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejk View Post
Our house is almost that size and our bill can run over $300 in the summer. We have a 2-story though. Winter is not bad at all. Once you've been there for a year you can get on the budget plan and pay a flat amount year-round.

Some cell phones work, some don't. You can check your carrier's website for a map. I've been able to drive most of the Parkway without losing a signal, but there are some dead spots for me. I haven't tried from within Tartesso though.
ejk, could you please kindly shed some more light on the flat-rate plan offer by APS?
I moved into the Tartesso community back in Jan of this year and I would LOVE to have a flat-rate monthly bill since I'll have a new born towards the end of the year and would like to cool/warm the house on a daily dasis. Thanks in advance for your informative inputs.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,071 times
We currently live in Long Beach, CA, and recently purchased a home that is being built in Tartesso due to be completed by Nov. 1, 2007. We did this because the homes here in CA are over-priced by 20-50% - median price of almost $400,000 for a 1-bedroom single family residence for example - and buying a home in California is just not within our means financially - now or in the near future. So, as my wife completes her bachelor's degree in early childhood development after having worked in that field for more than 19 years hoping to land a position with the elementary school opening soon in the Tartesso community, I will be returning to work after retiring from the telecommunications industry after 26 years as a staff engineer. We are both looking forward to being part of this new and growing community outside of Buckeye as well as enjoying our new home and making new friends as we begin a new life in Arizona!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
ejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj0723 View Post
ejk, could you please kindly shed some more light on the flat-rate plan offer by APS?
Sure! Here you go

https://www.aps.com/aps_services/residential/paymentoptions/respymtoptions_3.html (broken link)

Good luck with the baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area