Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 12:05 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,971,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwcfan View Post
We are in Scottsdale (OC East).

"Orange County East." I love it. The out-migration to AZ must be why OC is skewing less conservative in elections these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 02:20 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,242,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MovingForward View Post
I’m very close to RSM! So glad to here. How you are doing there? Are you used to try heat? What are your thoughts about Peroria specifically Vistancia? I heard that’s compared to Orange County as well. I’m not looking in Scottsdale, more money.
Vistancia is a nice area especially for retirees. Anything you need is within an hour drive and the overwhelming majority of it is much less than that. I drive through it once a month or so and it is always nice and quiet. You are very close to the lake and I swear we are 5 to 10 degrees cooler way out this direction than downtown, I'm in North Peoria not Vistancia. Great views and in wetter winters you will see snow on the mountains to the north. Loads of hiking and whatnot out here and Peoria is building out a huge park/preserve space.

If you have to have the oceas then stay in CA but if you don't then there is nothing wrong with Vistancia. Lots of activities there, pickleball, golf, etc., and Trilogy is age restricted so you would be alone.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,723,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MovingForward View Post
Just to be clear. House is selling no matter what, that’s been decided. . So everyone thinks a condo in OC is s better idea than moving to a house in a gated community in Vistancia? Weather I’m aware is horribly hot in the summer but the rest of the year seems to be great.
Negative. Despite similar latitude, the Phoenix area gets noticeably colder than Orange County in the wintertime because it is located in an inland desert basin.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:36 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,137 times
When you get your Arizona driver's license, pick up an AR-15 (or two) and some bulk ammo. Enjoy Free America.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,921,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Vistancia is a nice area especially for retirees. Anything you need is within an hour drive and the overwhelming majority of it is much less than that. I drive through it once a month or so and it is always nice and quiet. You are very close to the lake and I swear we are 5 to 10 degrees cooler way out this direction than downtown, I'm in North Peoria not Vistancia. Great views and in wetter winters you will see snow on the mountains to the north. Loads of hiking and whatnot out here and Peoria is building out a huge park/preserve space.

If you have to have the oceas then stay in CA but if you don't then there is nothing wrong with Vistancia. Lots of activities there, pickleball, golf, etc., and Trilogy is age restricted so you would be alone.
I was just in Vistancia visiting friends yesterday, and you are right on the mark about how nice it is!
My friend told me that by law, they have to sell 10-20% of the units to folks under 55; not sure if that matters to the OP
I live about 10 minutes east/NE of there, and you are right about the temps out here as well; sure 110 isnt much better than 115, but, at those temps, any little bit helps!

Old 06-15-2018, 06:49 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,344,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Negative. Despite similar latitude, the Phoenix area gets noticeably colder than Orange County in the wintertime because it is located in an inland desert basin.
I'm really not sure why most people expect the Phoenix area to be as warm as Southern Florida in the winter. Our average highs in the winter are actually comparable to the average lows in Southern Florida. Compared to Orange County, CA, while the winter highs are comparable, we get colder overnight.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:55 PM

444 posts, read 322,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
"Orange County East." I love it. The out-migration to AZ must be why OC is skewing less conservative in elections these days.
This may be a small part of it, but the majority reason is the change in demographics in the OC area to more Latino and Asian voters who vote for Democrats. I live in Orange and it isn't close to what it was over 20 years ago. A city like Irvine which has been growing steadily now has an Asian majority.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:06 PM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
I don't think so. I compared Phoenix with Irvine for example and the average January high and lows are:

Irvine in January - High of 68 and low of 41
Phoenix in January - High of 67 and low of 46

By March, Phoenix is noticeably warmer.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:13 PM

444 posts, read 322,182 times
Quote:
Not really. You can look at monthly average highs and lows using intellicast weather for Anaheim and Phoenix and you see very similar weather averages for both cities from December through March. Phoenix has the potential to get into the 30's in the winter months more often than Anaheim but the average high and average low difference is less than 5 degrees between the cities. I've lived close to both cities, within 10 miles of each, during the winter.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:23 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,094,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
wrong peoria dude, this is Arizona, not Illinois
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area