Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 12:36 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,541,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Crap, man, just wait a month or so. Nothing like walking outside at 6:30AM to leave for work, and being hit in the face with 85 degree temps, with 60% humidity with a 70-degree dewpoint. Its just as awful as being in Florida. Last summer was particularly bad. There was almost an entire week where I walked outside into those conditions. Lucky for us the humidity burns off in the afternoon (not all of it, but most of it).

ok......1...2...3...SWITCH!!!

I can't wait to move to AZ, I take a week vacation in August in Las Vegas on purpose....*Homer Simpson voice* mmmmmmmmmmmm......DRY HEAT

Old 06-24-2015, 01:36 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post

ok......1...2...3...SWITCH!!!

I can't wait to move to AZ, I take a week vacation in August in Las Vegas on purpose....*Homer Simpson voice* mmmmmmmmmmmm......DRY HEAT
August here in Phoenix isnt "dry heat", really. It might feel dry to you in swampy Houston, but here it feels nasty. After living here a few years, your body will notice the slightest increase in humidity, its weird. And monsoons here get quite sticky. Not to mention the mosquitos that follow the rains.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:59 PM

779 posts, read 928,338 times
Quote:
August here in Phoenix isnt "dry heat", really. It might feel dry to you in swampy Houston, but here it feels nasty. After living here a few years, your body will notice the slightest increase in humidity, its weird. And monsoons here get quite sticky. Not to mention the mosquitos that follow the rains.
Lol, what rains??

Old 06-24-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Lol, what rains??
Well, its not Louisiana-style rains, but it rains here, especially during monsoon season and winter. It usually rains 1-3 times a week during monsoon season, and less frequently in winter (but with higher rainfall totals it usually seems). And the mosquitos multiply hardcore shortly thereafter. We basically get a 2 month mosquito-free year here. Ive seen them as early as February, and as late as December, its ridiculous!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2015, 02:22 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,541,007 times
Quote:
LOL it really is swampy here. I leave for work every day around 7:30am, and the wall o' humidity hits me before I can lock my front door. Makeup jacked up, hair frizzed out, i'm defeated before I get in the car

Old 06-24-2015, 02:31 PM

341 posts, read 708,923 times
It was my understanding that Phx is 'miserable' 5 months of the year: from mid May through mid October. In terms of summer heat and scorching temps. Some posters have been describing only 3 miserable months those being mid June thru mid Sept. If that's the case I'm game. Count me in as another transplant from GA by way of CA. The summer season is really my main concern with relocating there. And the scorpions perhaps. I'm fine with the economy and real estate scenes.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:36 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
It's a dry heat. Try the Ohio River Valley for humidity you can't even breath in.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:55 PM

779 posts, read 928,338 times
Quote:
Well, its not Louisiana-style rains, but it rains here, especially during monsoon season and winter. It usually rains 1-3 times a week during monsoon season, and less frequently in winter (but with higher rainfall totals it usually seems). And the mosquitos multiply hardcore shortly thereafter. We basically get a 2 month mosquito-free year here. Ive seen them as early as February, and as late as December, its ridiculous!!!!!!!
Yeah, I know. I was just joking about how little rain Phoenix gets.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
LOL it really is swampy here. I leave for work every day around 7:30am, and the wall o' humidity hits me before I can lock my front door. Makeup jacked up, hair frizzed out, i'm defeated before I get in the car
I know that feeling all too well. I had a short stint in TN, and the humidity was atrocious. In fact, the weather was why we moved back to IL. Ill never forget moving back from TN to IL in August, and IL felt dang cold, despite the fact it was 78 degrees. So bizarre.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:02 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,099,223 times
I have to agree with other posters about the heat is not as taxing. For some reason high humidity + high heat does me in everyone time. I just feel like **** and exhausted most of the time from that combo. I remember one time driving back to Phoenix and I couldn't wait to get back. I remember rolling back into Phoenix and I was rolling down my windows cause it felt so good to be back home. I really miss it at times, but I do remember the heat carrying on well into the fall. The winters are awesome, can't be beat, no snow and relatively warmer compared to the Midwest. No more being buried in the snow and bone chilling cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area