Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 10:47 AM

779 posts, read 928,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I love Phoenix, 8 months of awesome weather and 4 months of weather so hot, you're forced into a pool.
Other way around... Phoenix is miserable for 8 months out of the year and for four months (November through February) it's quite pleasant and mild.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Other way around... Phoenix is miserable for 8 months out of the year and for four months (November through February) it's quite pleasant and mild.
Miserable for eight months? Ah, the exaggeration posse is back. Unless your "heat tolerance" excludes temps above 75, it is NOT miserable here for eight months to the overwhelming majority of people.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Miserable for eight months? Ah, the exaggeration posse is back. Unless your "heat tolerance" excludes temps above 75, it is NOT miserable here for eight months to the overwhelming majority of people.
When I was there in March there were heatwaves in the low 90's which for me is starting to get uncomfortable, especially if you don't park in the shade. Mid 80's and below is good.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:03 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Have you lived there or is this opinion based on reviewing the climate data for Phoenix?

I agree it's warm during the day for 8 months but for half of the those 8 warm months, it's fantastic in the evening. I hate humidity and the lower humidity to me makes it pleasant for a long time of the year.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:06 AM

483 posts, read 665,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Totally agree. We're moving back to Phoenix in a few weeks. I lived there in the mid-80s and had a car with no a/c. Other than being able to bake brownies in the car, the heat didn't bother me. It sure beats the winters up here in the frozen tundra.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Have you lived there or is this opinion based on reviewing the climate data for Phoenix?

I agree it's warm during the day for 8 months but for half of the those 8 warm months, it's fantastic in the evening. I hate humidity and the lower humidity to me makes it pleasant for a long time of the year.
Yes. NOW, I will say that my disgust for Phoenix's weather was compounded by my disgust for everything else about Phoenix.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
Quote:
When I was there in March there were heatwaves in the low 90's which for me is starting to get uncomfortable, especially if you don't park in the shade. Mid 80's and below is good.
That heat wave did suck for sure, but its not normal. I remember running the a/c in March and was cursing about having to do so. Then we got lucky with below-average temps in April, May, and early June. Now we're getting our balls kicked in with this 110+ degrees for 2 straight weeks, this is getting ridiculous.

Im debating hopping on a train back to Chicago for a few days to cool off and see family/friends. I need to get out of this heat, its sapping me.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:47 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANative View Post
Not me. I lived in Vegas for a year and to be honest 91 with 60% humidity is wayyyyyyyy easier to deal with than 110-115 degrees at any humidity. The temps in Florida dont keep me or anyone else inside...I see people everywhere walking, riding bikes, convertible tops down etc etc.

Im from Seattle so Im used the humidity so maybe that makes a difference as I dont even notice it.
yep, we all have to find our place we prefer weather wise that works for each of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Crap, man, just wait a month or so. Nothing like walking outside at 6:30AM to leave for work, and being hit in the face with 85 degree temps, with 60% humidity with a 70-degree dewpoint. Its just as awful as being in Florida. Last summer was particularly bad. There was almost an entire week where I walked outside into those conditions. Lucky for us the humidity burns off in the afternoon (not all of it, but most of it).
yeah, that's on the way. It beats the cold for me but I get spoiled with the ultra dry air we have most of the year and much prefer that though I'll take heat/humidity over cold any day.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:57 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Phoenix heat is like baking on a hot rock. It seems to soothe the body and especially the joints. I live in a very humid hot climate, and I found Phoenix much more tolerable.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:21 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Phoenix heat is like baking on a hot rock. It seems to soothe the body and especially the joints. I live in a very humid hot climate, and I found Phoenix much more tolerable.
I agree. I tolerate dry heat more than humid heat. If it only lasted a few days or weeks here, Id be happier. But looking at week after week, month after month, of 100+ degrees, it gets old. I just suffer through it and enjoy the remaining 7 months that I consider "perfect". My biggest gripe is that it gets humid here, too, on top of the heat. Im not talking Arkansas humidity, but enough to make it even more miserable. That lasts for at least 2 months. Ugh. I dont wanna think about it. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area