Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 04:54 PM

779 posts, read 928,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you actually bothered to look it up, you would find that March is nowhere close to an average of 90 plus. April is mid-80's, back to mid 80's in October. All those months have very cool nights. If you call all those months "miserable", then you definitely should not live here, or visit outside the four months you think are not miserable. Let's just say you are quite heat sensitive, and yours would be a definite minority opinion to be shared with full disclosure to those outsiders who are seeking opinions about the climate here.
I don't need to look it up, I was there. Phoenix is too hot for my taste, period.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:32 PM

6,762 posts, read 5,063,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
March, April, May, Jun, July, August, September, and October see average highs of 90+ everyday or close to it. To me, that's miserable weather.
A little bit of an exaggeration. This March was one of the hottest on record, and even it had only seven 90+ days. This April there were ten 90+ days. March of 2014 had zero 90+ days.

Last edited by hikernut; 06-25-2015 at 05:48 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 04:27 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
March, April, May, Jun, July, August, September, and October see average highs of 90+ everyday or close to it. To me, that's miserable weather.
You are positively wrong. See Phoenix AZ Average Temperatures by Month - Current Results

The average high in March is 78. The Average high is 86 in April. The Average high in October is 89.

If you point is that you are a wimp and you think it is too hot, then we agree.

For others, they have near ideal weather for 6 months. That's a big reason why 4.5 million people live there.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:16 AM

779 posts, read 928,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You are positively wrong. See Phoenix AZ Average Temperatures by Month - Current Results

The average high in March is 78. The Average high is 86 in April. The Average high in October is 89.

For others, they have near ideal weather for 6 months. That's a big reason why 4.5 million people live there.
When I was there, March and April saw plenty of days 90+ or close to it... I don't need to look at any website, Phoenix is too hot for my taste.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
When I was there, March and April saw plenty of days 90+ or close to it... I don't need to look at any website, Phoenix is too hot for my taste.
Most people find at least March to be absolutely delightful around here weatherwise - maybe the best month of the year. On the other hand, there are those who don't. My own mother came to visit in March and about died in the low 80s. I think we can all agree that some people, like you, just don't do heat well and would be smart not to consider living here.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:57 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you actually bothered to look it up, you would find that March is nowhere close to an average of 90 plus. April is mid-80's, back to mid 80's in October. All those months have very cool nights. If you call all those months "miserable", then you definitely should not live here, or visit outside the four months you think are not miserable. Let's just say you are quite heat sensitive, and yours would be a definite minority opinion to be shared with full disclosure to those outsiders who are seeking opinions about the climate here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
A little bit of an exaggeration. This March was one of the hottest on record, and even it had only seven 90+ days. This April there were ten 90+ days. March of 2014 had zero 90+ days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Most people find at least March to be absolutely delightful around here weatherwise - maybe the best month of the year. On the other hand, there are those who don't. My own mother came to visit in March and about died in the low 80s. I think we can all agree that some people, like you, just don't do heat well and would be smart not to consider living here.
Dear LongNote:
In case you missed it, what most people are saying to you is:
IF PHOENIX IS TOO HOT FOR YOU, DO NOT LIVE IN PHOENIX.
Sincerely ~ Colt

Old 06-26-2015, 07:56 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
When people visited the Superbowl last year, it was too rainy. Therefore they don't need to look at any websites, Phoenix is too rainy for their tastes.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:39 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
I didn't say you falsified information, I stated that if you are having that much of a problem with mosquitoes (all year round like you claim) it's because you live somewhere where standing water is present. Simple as that.
Well, when you say things like "to say it's a 2 month mosquito free year here is insane", sounds like youre calling me a liar, which I am not. Many, many, many people have mosquito problems in AZ, including me. In fact, I have a bigger problem here than I did in most areas in IL, its not a joke. And the skeeters here carry West Nile, so its a bit scary. I know mosquitos everywhere can carry that disease, but the problem seems more prevalent in AZ.

And FYI, I live in central Scottsdale, nowhere near any big bodies of water. The closest water to me would be the lake on Scottsdale Rd and McCormick, and thats 2+ miles from me. There is absolutely zero water other than what puddles up during watering, which evaporates rather quickly. Unless there is someone in the neighborhood with a nasty, unkept pool, I have no idea where theyre coming from.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:02 AM

143 posts, read 300,882 times
I live in Buckeye and we normally only see mosquitoes after the monsoons but we have had a bad infestation after the May rains. We networked in the community and discovered it was affecting the whole area. We called Maricopa County Vector Control. They came out here early this week to hang traps. They will test the mosquitoes and possibly spray if they catch over a certain amount in the traps. If you have a problem I suggest you call them and get your neighbors to do the same.

Here is their webpage and information, Home :: Vector Control :: Mosquito Information :: Mosquito-Borne Viruses

Once you file a complaint you can get follow up information from them after they test.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:06 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
And FYI, I live in central Scottsdale, nowhere near any big bodies of water. The closest water to me would be the lake on Scottsdale Rd and McCormick, and thats 2+ miles from me. There is absolutely zero water other than what puddles up during watering, which evaporates rather quickly. Unless there is someone in the neighborhood with a nasty, unkept pool, I have no idea where theyre coming from.
I found mosquito larvae in my cat's water bowl.

I also found larvae in a tire where a little rain water had accumulated.

It doesn't take much water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area