Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 03:59 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
107 degrees and 25 percent humidity, and some nice puffy clouds in the sky... it's gonna be a gorgeous day!!
25%! Where are you? It is currently 108 with humidity at 5%, just about everywhere in the "valley". This in late July of nonsoon-2015.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:21 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,728,701 times
My skin baked today!

Old 07-26-2015, 06:35 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
Some days it's fine, some days it's not. The only place I never regretted living due to weather issues was Hawaii. Everywhere else has had its ups and downs. This week I'm not loving it. The humidity and heat together keep me indoors. But I remind myself that we are 6 months away from Christmas day, and that helps! We probably have about 30-40 more miserable days left of summer, and then another 30-40 that will be up and down with evenings steadily getting cooler. After that - AWESOME! I love the Fall, Winter and Spring here. So... it still beats living in minus 40º elsewhere and shoveling snow. It's all a personal preference.

FWIW my patio weather system says it's 20% humidity, 105º in the shade. We are up in North Phoenix and it's 5:30 pm.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:44 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Some days it's fine, some days it's not. The only place I never regretted living due to weather issues was Hawaii. Everywhere else has had its ups and downs. This week I'm not loving it. The humidity and heat together keep me indoors. But I remind myself that we are 6 months away from Christmas day, and that helps! We probably have about 30-40 more miserable days left of summer, and then another 30-40 that will be up and down with evenings steadily getting cooler. After that - AWESOME! I love the Fall, Winter and Spring here. So... it still beats living in minus 40º elsewhere and shoveling snow. It's all a personal preference.

FWIW my patio weather system says it's 20% humidity, 105º in the shade. We are up in North Phoenix and it's 5:30 pm.
Up here in Cottonwood it's 91 and 8% humidity. Loving it! Fall is my favorite time of year up here. Probably because it's such a relief from Summer!

Old 07-27-2015, 01:26 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Honolulu and San Diego are probably the two cities which have the closest thing to perfect weather. If I could move anywhere for the climate, it would either be Honolulu or San Diego. For me, it would probably be San Diego because I've heard about the feelings of isolation with being in Hawaii for a length of time. I'd want a place where I could leave whenever I wanted & take a lengthy road trip ... not have to rely on a plane or ship to travel thousands of miles to the mainland.

But yes, I get so sick of the summer heat here. Since I have five weeks of vacation, I save most of that time for summer, and get out of the heat whenever I can. I take mini vacations to either northern AZ, the White Mountains, and occasionally San Diego. Also, I try to avoid weekend travel (especially holiday weekends) because that's when traffic is the worst. Going out of town on a weekday usually equates to a relaxing trip with little or no traffic problems.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Honolulu and San Diego are probably the two cities which have the closest thing to perfect weather. If I could move anywhere for the climate, it would either be Honolulu or San Diego. For me, it would probably be San Diego because I've heard about the feelings of isolation with being in Hawaii for a length of time. I'd want a place where I could leave whenever I wanted & take a lengthy road trip ... not have to rely on a plane or ship to travel thousands of miles to the mainland.

But yes, I get so sick of the summer heat here. Since I have five weeks of vacation, I save most of that time for summer, and get out of the heat whenever I can. I take mini vacations to either northern AZ, the White Mountains, and occasionally San Diego. Also, I try to avoid weekend travel (especially holiday weekends) because that's when traffic is the worst. Going out of town on a weekday usually equates to a relaxing trip with little or no traffic problems.

I considered moving to San Diego at one time because of the awesome music scene, but it just doesn't get hot enough there for me! Just an example of how one person's view of "perfect weather" can greatly differ from another's!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:49 AM

755 posts, read 1,119,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I considered moving to San Diego at one time because of the awesome music scene, but it just doesn't get hot enough there for me! Just an example of how one person's view of "perfect weather" can greatly differ from another's!
Similarly, we think San Diego is really beautiful, and I'd surely love to be near the ocean. I love the Southern California/Spanish Colonial homes, love the views, love the city SO much more than LA or OC. But it's just not warm enough most of the time there for me. As I always say on this forum, it's just as well since it's so expensive, but if it really was the PERFECT place for us we'd literally sell the farm and make it work.

I guess a large percentage of people find mid-seventies to be perfect weather. For me, mid-seventies is chilly. So midwinter in AZ isn't ideal for me either, lol, but again it's a matter of several weeks are either a bit too hot or a bit too cool, with the rest of the year being perfect for me. Definitely beats the months of grating cold up here in MT.

We still need to spend more time exploring the vast coastal choices in Florida, but I don't find Florida particularly beautiful apart from the beaches. And humidity makes me tired, does weird things to my hair.

Whereas I find the Valley of the Sun beautiful in its own right when I'm just going about my day, and driving north toward MT a few days ago reminded me that the whole state has so much beauty to explore. AZ has a lot to offer besides sunshine, and I disagree with those who feel there's no sense of history to it.

Just as many people think the desert is ugly and brown though, and find the rows of tract houses ugly while I think they look tidy . Someone on another thread mentioned that the artwork on the freeways is silly; it's one of the things I really love about the valley. Different people like different things!

Clean, laid back, beautiful...big blue skies, outdoor recreation galore within mere minutes, the amenities of a major metro area, and affordable COL. I think people are willing to deal with the heat because of all of these things. For me the heat is the draw, and all of these things are the bonuses!

Old 07-28-2015, 03:59 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanama View Post
Someone on another thread mentioned that the artwork on the freeways is silly;
They need a backhanded smack to the face.

Scottsdale's highway art along the 101 up near Shea area is absolutely beautiful, the best highway art in the Valley!

Old 07-28-2015, 04:46 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
They need a backhanded smack to the face.

Scottsdale's highway art along the 101 up near Shea area is absolutely beautiful, the best highway art in the Valley!

I especially love the 51. I love how the pedestrian bridges are shaped to look like the mountains. It's a pretty drive considering it is a freeway!

Old 07-28-2015, 04:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I especially love the 51. I love how the pedestrian bridges are shaped to look like the mountains. It's a pretty drive considering it is a freeway!
The 51 headed south when you begin to see downtown with the rows of palm trees in the foreground and South Mountain in the background is a great site!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area