Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,701,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
You need to stop with the ridiculous Philly boosting. Once again, I'm not the one who said Pittsburgh has a bigger GDP. I KNOW IT DOESN'T FOR THE SECOND TIME. Your data you just showed however does prove the point Pittsburgh is much less spread out with much of the concentration of business here in Allegheny County considering Allegheny has 300,000 less people yet seven thousand more firms. I would also hope a metro a large as Philly would have more firms than Pittsburgh. Pittsbrugh doesn't do too bad for it's size and I'd also like to point out the largest county besides Allegheny in the Pittsburgh metro has only 365,000 residents which is about 65,000 less than Berks (which is only in the CSA not the MSA and you didn't even include Lawrence County PA which is not in the MSA but in the CSA like Berks is). And like I said, those firms may be located in the metro but they aren't having the maximum impact on PA or Philly because they are still out of state so don't even deny that.
Ridiculous Philly boosting?!?! How?!?! Cause I am posting LINKS and FACTS?! What links has Blackeauty posted? Please show me one post. She just rambles on nonsensically with no facts to back up her claims. Yet when I post facts that prove you two wrong I AM NOW BOOSTING? I never said Philadelphia was more concentrated than Pittsburgh. Who the hell cares? What does that have to do with anything? Also you can't compare Pittsburgh being more conventrated than Philadelphia by comparing Philadelphia county to Allegheny County. That is just absurd. Allegheny County is over 700 sq miles and includes Pittsburgh city proper and surrounding suburbs. Philadelphia county is 135 sq miles and includes the city only. Sooo Pittsburgh is more concentrated again how exactly? Because it has 7000 more firms in 700 sq miles than Philadelphia has in 135 sq miles? Uh yeah.... Makes sense to me I guess

Last edited by RightonWalnut; 02-23-2013 at 12:09 PM..

Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Show me figures exactly...on this City Proper vs. City Proper.....Saying 24K vs. 88k proves verutally nothing.

Minneapolis has even less so called "Firms" than Philadelphia (@ 39K) but produces more GDP per capita based on Metro than Philadelphia does.
Ok now we're getting somewhere. Now you want to argue per capita because you know your wrong. Per capita is much different than we were just arguing. We were arguing which city produces more GDP raw numbers not per capita. Yes Pittsburgh produces more GDP per capita (and i would assume that is because philadelphia has more poverty) but philadelphia produces more raw numbers. Stop changing your argument. Again you're just peddifogging. Do you work for Fox news? Lol
Also. What does this graph tell us exactly? Idk because you're not posting links. This graph tells us nothing.
Quote:
My data source is one used by many stat nuts here in the Pittsburgh forums, so I would argue it's less the "optimal"

Then please put them up, any can sit on a forum and Monday Morning Quarterback arguments. No you shouldn't have responding Wise Guy! Cool Your Jets.

Just so you know this always happens when Die-hard Philadelphia homers try to come into the Pittsburgh forum and lay the so-called "smackdown" on the Burgh without having their Sh*T together. As Summer often does.
What are you talking about? Im not attempting to lay the smack down on Pittsburgh. I like Pittsburgh. You're attempting to lay the smack down on Philadelphia and failing miserably. You are boosting Pittsburgh while simultaneously trolling Philadelphia. All I am doing is refuting your claims and ACTUALLY posting LINKS and FACTS to prove you wrong. I understand you hate Philadelphia but my god this is just laughable

Old 02-23-2013, 12:08 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,898,719 times
False claims of what....show me exactly what Street accomplished for the neighborhoods.....Nothing that's what...You're the one with no validity....Street saying one thing and doing something else are two different things. If Street had a plan for the neighborhoods he needed to push and shout them through whatever channels possible, unfortunately the "Neighborhoods" saw little to nothing of these so-called plans.

I know Philadelphia was broke, but still that doesn't tell us where the mayor attention resided and it was not in the neighborhoods...Period Point Blank. That was a campaign ploy or something which you obviously fell for.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times
Quote:
False claims of what....show me exactly what Street accomplished for the neighborhoods.....Nothing that's what...You're the one with no validity....Street saying one thing and doing something else are two different things. If Street had a plan for the neighborhoods he needed to push and shout them through whatever channels possible, unfortunately the "Neighborhoods" saw little to nothing of these so-called plans.

I know Philadelphia was broke, but still that doesn't tell us where the mayor attention resided and it was not in the neighborhoods...Period Point Blank. That was a campaign ploy or something which you obviously fell for.
how am i the one with no validity? you keep yammering on with your baseless claims that the mayor doesnt care about neighborhoods yet streets single biggest program was focused on poor neighborhoods. he spent $400 million on it. jusy because it wasnt particularly successful doesnt mean his focis was on cc. you have no facts, shoddy history and therefore your claims are baseless. street put city money where his mouth was with nti so youre lying, period.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Ok now we're getting somewhere. Now you want to argue per capita because you know your wrong. Per capita is much different than we were just arguing. We were arguing which city produces more GDP raw numbers not per capita. Yes Pittsburgh produces more GDP per capita but philadelphia produces more raw numbers. Stop changing your argument. Again you're just peddifogging. Do you work for Fox news? Lol
Also. What does this graph tell us exactly? Idk because you're not posting links. This graph tells us nothing.
per capita is more factual, balanced, and telling than so-called "Raw Numbers"..... simply because of difference in "raw" population figures.

Quote:
What are you talking about? Im not attempting to lay the smack down on Pittsburgh. I like Pittsburgh. You're attempting to lay the smack down on Philadelphia and failing miserably. You are boosting Pittsburgh while simultaneously trolling Philadelphia. All I am doing is refuting your claims and ACTUALLY posting LINKS and FACTS to prove you wrong. I understand you hate Philadelphia but my god this is just laughable
Please you always do this, we were having a nice balanced debate, before you came in with those Philly Pom Poms, pissing on everything. You can't stand for anyone to be critical of Philly.

You have a serious Hard-On for Philadelphia....I know I'm a Pittsburgh homer, but I don't take it to nearly the level you do. I mean you simply deny facts, and misappropriate the truth to support your booster fetish.

Now that sounds more like Fox-News to me.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
how am i the one with no validity? you keep yammering on with your baseless claims that the mayor doesnt care about neighborhoods yet streets single biggest program was focused on poor neighborhoods. he spent $400 million on it. jusy because it wasnt particularly successful doesnt mean his focis was on cc. you have no facts, shoddy history and therefore your claims are baseless. street put city money where his mouth was with nti so youre lying, period.
What program! Put up or shut up. You sound like nothing but an apologist for Street crummy administration.

Again even if he wasn't successful, he also lacked the communication....Your not going to get me to back down on this simply by being refuting me, when you also don't bring any hard fact to the table. I know what I saw of the mayor during my time in Philadelphia and I stand firmly behind my claims.

John Street was NOT a "Whole City" Mayor....His attentions through the media was about Center City and nothing else. The Tom Murphy of Philadelphia.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
per capita is more factual, balanced, and telling than so-called "Raw Numbers"..... simply because of difference in "raw" population figures.

Please you always do this, we were having a nice balanced debate, before you came in with those Philly Pom Poms, pissing on everything. You can't stand for anyone to be critical of Philly.

You have a serious Hard-On for Philadelphia....I know I'm a Pittsburgh homer, but I don't take it to nearly the level you do. I mean you simply deny facts, and misappropriate the truth to support your booster fetish.

Now that sounds more like Fox-News to me.
Please show me what facts I denied. I would like to see that. And I mean actually facts that you have links to. Not claims you make that you would like people to believe. Philadelphia does have poor correct. Philadelphia does have poverty correct. Philadelphia does have dangerous areas, correct. Where you went out of line is when you said:

1. Pittsburgh produces higher GDP than Philadelphia-false
2. Everything outside of Center City is ghetto-false
3. There is no wealth in Philadelphia proper-false

There is wealth in Philadelphia proper. Most of it is in the suburbs, correct, but I am willing to bet that most of Pittsburgh's wealth is in the suburbs as well. Rittenhouse, Society Hill and Chestnut Hill are very wealthy and are among some of the wealthiest locations in the state of PA. I'd also be willing to bet that there are more wealthy neighborhoods in Philadelphia than in Pittsburgh. I can provide links and facts I that as well when I'm not on the train if you'd like

Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times
Quote:
What program! Put up or shut up. You sound like nothing but an apologist for Street crummy administration.

Again even if he wasn't successful, he also lacked the communication....Your not going to get me to back down on this simply by being refuting me, when you also don't bring any hard fact to the table. I know what I saw of the mayor during my time in Philadelphia and I stand firmly behind my claims.

John Street was NOT a "Whole City" Mayor....His attentions through the media was about Center City and nothing else. The Tom Murphy of Philadelphia.
nti, the neighborhood transformation initiative. it was streets signature program along with the neighborhood oriented safe streets program. he even plundered pension contributions to fund it. i didnt say i liked street nor did i say he was a good mayor but one thing he was not was cc first. the man still lives in north philly, his powerbase. despite your whole city claims there are neighborhoods in pittsburgh that have clearly been ignored. you do realize development patterns are market driven dont you?

Last edited by pman; 02-23-2013 at 01:00 PM..

Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Please show me what facts I denied. I would like to see that. And I mean actually facts that you have links to. Not claims you make that you would like people to believe. Philadelphia does have poor correct. Philadelphia does have poverty correct. Philadelphia does have dangerous areas, correct. Where you went out of line is when you said:

1. Pittsburgh produces higher GDP than Philadelphia-True - Per Captia (You know the real metric people use)
2. Everything outside of Center City is ghetto- Not my words, but Philadelphia is the 6 largest Impovished City in the Nation, that proverty has to be somewhere and it sure aint in Center City or the Burbs!

3. There is no wealth in Philadelphia proper-Again not my words exactly....There's No Denying it, again 6th Poorest City in Nation.....with being 5 largest Weathly Metro...So where's the Wealth then?????

There is wealth in Philadelphia proper. Most of it is in the suburbs, correct, but I am willing to bet that most of Pittsburgh's wealth is in the suburbs as well. Rittenhouse, Society Hill and Chestnut Hill are very wealthy and are among some of the wealthiest locations in the state of PA. I'd also be willing to bet that there are more wealthy neighborhoods in Philadelphia than in Pittsburgh. I can provide links and facts I that as well when I'm not on the train if you'd like
My Claim was always that the overwhelm majority of Philadelphia's Wealth comes from its Suburbs, not from the City. Get it through your SKULL MAN! A lot of it doesn't even penetration the City's borders..

This is why I separate the City from the Metro in Philadelphia's case because it tells such stark differences.

This is a very unique case that Philly finds itself. Usually the Central City is the lifeblood of a Metro region...Not in Philadelphia's case, the Suburbs and outlying MSA is more so the lifeblood

Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
Quote:
Yep...It's getting nowhere, as usual. Typical Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh.
More likely typical you refusing to let go of an argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh