Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For Whom Do You Intend to Vote for District 7 City Council Representative?
Deb Gross (D-Highland Park) 10 41.67%
Tony Ceoffe, Jr. (I-Lawrenceville) 12 50.00%
Tom Fallon (I-Morningside) 1 4.17%
Jim Wudarczyk (I-Bloomfield) 1 4.17%
Dave Powell (L-Morningside) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM

248 posts, read 326,633 times

Advertisements

I just googled Deb Gross to find out where she lived in Highland Park and her house was one that we sorta looked at last year when we were house shopping. It sold in 2012. Does anyone know if she lived in District 7 before that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 12:11 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,146,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoh View Post
I just googled Deb Gross to find out where she lived in Highland Park and her house was one that we sorta looked at last year when we were house shopping. It sold in 2012. Does anyone know if she lived in District 7 before that?
http://www.pghcitypaper.com/Blogh/ar...-election-news

"Prior to moving to Highland Park she lived in Bloomfield for 12 years."

Old 11-05-2013, 12:12 PM

248 posts, read 326,633 times
Thanks Steindle.

Also it's hard to find a ton of information on candidates for smaller elections like this one. Can anyone share why they would NOT vote for Ceoffe?

Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,601,583 times
Quote:
Can anyone share why they would NOT vote for Ceoffe?
Because he had ties to Ravenstahl on his previous run.

http://www.pghcitypaper.com/SlagHeap...-of-the-future

And the suing people doesn't help.

Dem chair: Ceoffe suit "baseless"

Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,266,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

A non-elected committee of a few dozen people didn't decide between Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama to have a (D) after their name in a general election. WE did. Why, then, did a committee of a few dozen people decide between Ceoffe and Gross FOR us?

Actually, the committee members are all elected in the primary elections- if anyone doesn't like the way the committee is run, they are free to circulate petitions in their own voting district to get their own name on the ballot or someone they would prefer.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:48 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,601,583 times
She more than doubled him. That wasn't even close. I like that Wudarcyzk didn't make third. Though he ran a very close fourth.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 PM

281 posts, read 340,907 times
Quote:
Can anyone share why they would NOT vote for Ceoffe?

-Multi-generational political/interpersonal thug behavior combined with a sense of entitlement to political positions

-Ravenstahl fanboy

-"I will only run if I get the Democratic party endorsement" b/w "lol just kidding"

-the entire campaign, he didn't offer any specific plans on how to do anything. That's what happens when you want to appeal to everyone. You get less than a third of the vote.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Well, I originally supported Gross and then switched to supporting Ceofffe based upon the recommendation of many long-time friends in my neighborhood who said Gross wouldn't do anything for Polish Hill because she was out-of-touch with the needs of our neighborhood. Now I'm going to throw my support behind councilwoman-elect Gross and wish her nothing but the best. She says her top priority will be revitalizing Liberty Avenue in Bloomfield, which obviously needs a TON of work, and I'm excited to see what that corridor may look like in a few years. I just hope she isn't going to forget about our neighborhood the way my neighbors told me she would since we also have a ton of issues here with vacant properties, rapid gentrification, traffic, etc.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,045,519 times
Quote:
Well, I originally supported Gross and then switched to supporting Ceofffe based upon the recommendation of many long-time friends in my neighborhood who said Gross wouldn't do anything for Polish Hill because she was out-of-touch with the needs of our neighborhood. Now I'm going to throw my support behind councilwoman-elect Gross and wish her nothing but the best. She says her top priority will be revitalizing Liberty Avenue in Bloomfield, which obviously needs a TON of work, and I'm excited to see what that corridor may look like in a few years. I just hope she isn't going to forget about our neighborhood the way my neighbors told me she would since we also have a ton of issues here with vacant properties, rapid gentrification, traffic, etc.
I ended up switching to voting for Fallon on the last day, largely because I didn't hear much that was good about Gross's campaigning, and knowing the chance of Ceoffe (who I've come to really dislike) winning was pretty slim.

That said, I do wonder now if the pro-Ceoffe/anti-Gross posts on this thread by people who don't normally post here were plants by Ceoffe or his allies. It would fit his campaigning style.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 AM

480 posts, read 612,151 times
Quote:
Mr. Peduto just reached out and took a walk around the West End neighborhoods with long-time adversary Councilwoman Theresa Kail-Smith, a friend of mine, to discuss issues in her district, so apparently Peduto would have no issue with a new councilman he didn't know but who publicly supported him while campaigning.
Sorry to hear that. She is an absolutely terrible Councilwoman. I'm sure she showed him nothing worthwhile. She hates him and always will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh