Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Duke is not an elected official at this time is he? Since we're not talking about elected officials, when did King Shabazz denounce his rhetoric on behalf of the NBPP?
We are not talkling about elected officials, but about influential public entities, specifically Duke and the racist philosophy he spews.

Are you saying that Duke and Shabazz are brothers under the skin?

Last edited by cuebald; 07-27-2010 at 09:19 AM..

Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Doesn't matter, you can't have it just one way. Until your racists denounce and apologize, it is a moot point for what you are asking/wishing. See, respect goes both ways, it is not a 1 way street. You earn it, if you don't get it you don't give it.
Ours did. Byrd issued multiple extensive apologies for having been involved with the klan.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We are not talkling about elected officials, but about influential ppublic entities, specifically Duke and the racist philosophy he spews.

Are you saying that Duke and Shabazz are brothers under the skin?
Duke and Shabazz are different sides of the same coin.

640 posts, read 388,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I would hope for his sake---as soon as possible. Really, though...the guy is pretty irrelevant. Nobody cares about him anymore...not like he's one of the GOP's top leaders.

He is considered a major player and leader in white nationalist circles. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. It is not irrelevant when a well known leader of white nationalists endorses your political organization or a political candidate. Duke certainly made his support for the Tea Party well known.

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
Quote:
Has the NBPP endorsed the Democratic Party?

Has the Nation of Islam endorsed the Democratic Party?

If either does, I suspect a "refudiation" would be forthcoming rather quickly.

Now - can we get back to the subject of this thread, that being the Tea Party being endorsed by David Duke?
Yes
Yes
and of course the Dems dont denounce them.

your hatred and racism makes it impossible for you to understand, that you can't say one is is racist for not denouncing, while the other isnt racist for not denouncing.

If the tea party says they don't support racism, why should they have to denounce every single racist individually?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,794 times
Quote:
Ours did. Byrd issued multiple extensive apologies for having been involved with the klan.
One of yours did.. but the rest havent.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
to get re-elected. A tiger doesn't change his stripes, especially when they are that "bred" into it.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Yes
Yes
and of course the Dems dont denounce them.

your hatred and racism makes it impossible for you to understand, that you can't say one is is racist for not denouncing, while the other isnt racist for not denouncing.

If the tea party says they don't support racism, why should they have to denounce every single racist individually?
I grew up with a klansman for a step-grandfather. His robe hung in my great-grandmother's closet.

I have seen up close and personal the effects of race hatred. If anyone chooses to be consumed by such hatred, I can only feel sorry for them.

If the Tea Party chooses to be involved with David Duke, they will be known as a racist organization, regardless of the actions of any other group anywhere on the planet.

Diluting the thread with deflections and bad examples doesn't change that fact.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
So by not denouncing the New Black Panther Party, the dems are in essence saying they agree with the philosophy of killing white people and babys?

By not denouncing the Nation of Islam, the dems are in essence saying they agree with the philosophy that the white man is the devil?

No, no. The NBPP has not come out with a video endorsing/supporting the Democratic Party.........not that I've seen. The NBPP didn't show up at the DNC convention with black racist signs parading them around all over TV.

You are really way out there with these comparisons.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I grew up with a klansman for a step-grandfather. His robe hung in my great-grandmother's closet.

I have seen up close and personal the effects of race hatred. If anyone chooses to be consumed by such hatred, I can only feel sorry for them.

If the Tea Party chooses to be involved with David Duke, they will be known as a racist organization, regardless of the actions of any other group anywhere on the planet.

Diluting the thread with deflections and bad examples doesn't change that fact.
well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.