Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 PM

226 posts, read 560,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeincharge View Post
i just thought of the best solution to america's problems and at a lower cost then any other proposal form congress in the last century--lets just send congress and the president on a 2 year vacation taxpayer paid!

While they are gone the country will thrive and the cost would be paid for in triplicate!

It will be a cruise- and hopefully it will have the same ouotcome as the titantic!

Whewwwww!!!!!!!
lmao!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 01:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
When was the last time you took a vacation ? As my wife likes to remind me , our last vacation was in 2001 and it was a working vacation. I wonder how many people are vacationing like they used to...........................Breaking News: President Obama Says "I'm Having a Great Time" On Vacation - Political Punch P.S. Understand a lot of people my self included don't necessarily live for that next vacation, it is a matter of priorities for some.
And his were not?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I'm on vacation #3 this year, heading on a mediterranean cruise next month. We generally do 3 decent vacations each year, with a couple weekend getaways in between. I'd rather have a nice trip every year than a newer car or a bigger house, but it's just a matter of priorities, I guess.
I'm going to the coast of Croatia via a stop in Amsterdam in a couple weeks. I get 4 weeks paid vacation time, usually take one long 2 week vacation and bunch of smaller ones during the year. I work my arse off the rest of the time, so I figure after working 50+ hour weeks I occasionally need a break...

I love when people don't take vacations and think that some how makes them better or harder working than someone who does. If you love your job that's great, but to don't try to impress me with your lack of leisure time. I work to live, I don't live to work.

Then again a lot of people are paying off mortgages for homes they shouldn't have bought and can't afford vacations...Sometimes it's great to be a renter.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGEinCHARGE View Post
I get one a year. This guy has had nine since inauguration.

This guy and his wife comprise the most powerful crime family in the world.
Oh yes, most Americans get 52 a year based on the whining the right is doing.
Obama gets criticized for a 20 hour break and for weekends with his family.

There are at least 2 other threads on this topic.

I get lots of vacation each year, not counting weekends.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I'm on vacation #3 this year, heading on a mediterranean cruise next month. We generally do 3 decent vacations each year, with a couple weekend getaways in between. I'd rather have a nice trip every year than a newer car or a bigger house, but it's just a matter of priorities, I guess.
Same here. My dad died young, with a bunch of plans to do things that we never did. Now my mom will put off remodeling the kitchen and use the extra money to go visit a relative she hasn't seen in awhile.

I don't understand the comparison between the POTUS vacation time and a average working American's vacation time...do you think the average working American has the same job demands as the POTUS? I don't know about the rest of you but I don't live at my job. When I walk out of the building I'm typically off the clock.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
I've taken several vacations this year, with future ones planned over the Labor Day holiday, Oct & Dec. We're a family of six, but traveling is a priority for us. Working is just a means to get the $$$ to go somewhere else.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM

So far this year I've spent 3 weeks in Thailand, a week of that diving; a week in the Netherlands; 5 days in Barcelona; 5 days in Krakow; 4 days in Brugges; several trips to France and 4 days in Dijon; 4 days in Vienna; weekend trips throughout Germany, the Czech Republic and Switzerland, Austria... I sometimes drive to France for cheese; the Netherlands for Gouda cheese and to Belgium for chocolates and frites.

I'm debating on a week in Venice & Florence or Scandanavia over Labor Day.
I'm planning a week diving in Egypt later this year and don't know what I'm doing for the week of Thanksgiving and Columbus Day yet. One of them will probably be Athens and another in Morocco.

I certainly enjoy my vacations.
And I take a trip every opportunity I can.

Heck, I envy my life, and I'm living it.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And stop ragging on Obama for going on vacation. His vacations actually save the tax payers billions.
Only when Michele goes WITH him!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrycat View Post
When Bush choked on that pretzel , then barney the dog ate it after secret service did the heimlich . That made news .
Maybe because Bush got caught up in that lie of his that he hadn't had a drink since he turned 40. Right.

_________

Did you whine when Bush took over 3 years of vacation during his 8 years in the White House?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So far this year I've spent 3 weeks in Thailand, a week of that diving; a week in the Netherlands; 5 days in Barcelona; 5 days in Krakow; 4 days in Brugges; several trips to France and 4 days in Dijon; 4 days in Vienna; weekend trips throughout Germany, the Czech Republic and Switzerland, Austria... I sometimes drive to France for cheese; the Netherlands for Gouda cheese and to Belgium for chocolates and frites.

I'm debating on a week in Venice & Florence or Scandanavia over Labor Day.
I'm planning a week diving in Egypt later this year and don't know what I'm doing for the week of Thanksgiving and Columbus Day yet. One of them will probably be Athens and another in Morocco.

I certainly enjoy my vacations.
And I take a trip every opportunity I can.

Heck, I envy my life, and I'm living it.
So, just what elected office do you hold?

Merely said in jest. Really!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies