Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
When was the last time you took a vacation ? As my wife likes to remind me , our last vacation was in 2001 and it was a working vacation. I wonder how many people are vacationing like they used to...........................Breaking News: President Obama Says "I'm Having a Great Time" On Vacation - Political Punch P.S. Understand a lot of people my self included don't necessarily live for that next vacation, it is a matter of priorities for some.
Quit whining, get off your butt and find a better job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
I spent a week in Nashville in March and a week and a half in June wandering around Amish country in Pennsylvania and over to NYC to play.

Got another week planned in October to head over to Louisiana to see some friends and five days in September to go to the beach and fish.

Planning on the West Coast in the Spring.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I'm going to the coast of Croatia via a stop in Amsterdam in a couple weeks. I get 4 weeks paid vacation time, usually take one long 2 week vacation and bunch of smaller ones during the year. I work my arse off the rest of the time, so I figure after working 50+ hour weeks I occasionally need a break...

I love when people don't take vacations and think that some how makes them better or harder working than someone who does. If you love your job that's great, but to don't try to impress me with your lack of leisure time. I work to live, I don't live to work.

Then again a lot of people are paying off mortgages for homes they shouldn't have bought and can't afford vacations...Sometimes it's great to be a renter.
Hey you stole my favorite phrase, my mantra, my life's belief...."I work to live, I don't live to work". I took every damn day off work I could! I EARNED them.

BUT those days are past for most Americans....America, The New Third World Country, means you work as many hours and days as your employer demands.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Default For people upset about how many vacations Obama is taking...

Why are you upset? I am THRILLED everytime he goes on vacation. I wish he would stay in Martha's Vineyard reading books until 2012!

Please Mr. President, take ALL the vacation time you want! Really! Go ahead!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Why are you upset? I am THRILLED everytime he goes on vacation. I wish he would stay in Martha's Vineyard reading books until 2012!

Please Mr. President, take ALL the vacation time you want! Really! Go ahead!
I heard on Fox that he had a long conference call with his economic advisors today. Now those things don't allow him to be away from them which is what we need.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Hey you stole my favorite phrase, my mantra, my life's belief...."I work to live, I don't live to work". I took every damn day off work I could! I EARNED them.

BUT those days are past for most Americans....America, The New Third World Country, means you work as many hours and days as your employer demands.

I don't think that is true. All of my friends and family take vacations.

I think most of the problem is that people spend too much money and save nothing for vacation. Drive older cars, buy smaller houses and stop buying Starbucks at $5 a pop.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:08 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
All presidents go on vacation around this time, but obama has a LONG way to go to catch up with MIA bush. Nearly every weekend the reports would be "bush at his crawford ranch" "bush at camp david"

Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 PM

183 posts, read 168,434 times
Don't really care that they took or take vacations, but how much does it cost when thry go. Not that the country isbroke or anything.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
I find their anger somewhat amusing because these are people who would NEVER be happy with Obama, no matter what he does. If he took his family to McDonald's, they'd say, "Does he have to go out to eat like that? Why can't he eat at home?!"

Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM

183 posts, read 168,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find their anger somewhat amusing because these are people who would NEVER be happy with Obama, no matter what he does. If he took his family to McDonald's, they'd say, "Does he have to go out to eat like that? Why can't he eat at home?!"
Not true, I would be happy if he did things that worked, if any of them would do things that worked. Like I said I don't care that they take a vacation or two, more than that iss a bit much because of the amount of money it cost us. Us, of course, meaning all those who pay taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies