Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 01:01 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Many great people have been brought into life in poverty, nice that you want to kill them because their parents are poor

pro choice doesn't force women to give birth nor force adoption on these woman, why would we force abortion? her life, her right to do with her life what she wants within the law.....not your business or mine.

invent an artificial womb or grow your own so you can be surrogate to these fetus if you want to have a say in some woman's life you don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Ridiculous statement. What womens health advocates knew of this place?
That's just the point. People who allegedly care so much about women's health can spend their time monitoring CPCs but somehow this cesspool flies under their radar for years.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
pro choice doesn't force women to give birth nor force adoption on these woman, why would we force abortion? her life, her right to do with her life what she wants within the law.....not your business or mine.

invent an artificial womb or grow your own so you can be surrogate to these fetus if you want to have a say in some woman's life you don't know.
Much better to kill then give life

Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Much better to kill then give life
In some cases, yes.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How do YOU define medically necessity? What circumstances for the woman would qualify? What circumstances for the fetus would qualify?
I like the French standard.
Quote:
Abortion is legal on-request in France in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy (first trimester). After the first trimester, two physicians must certify that the abortion will be done to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; a risk to the life of the pregnant woman; or that the child will suffer from a particularly severe illness recognized as incurable.
Abortion in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
And how do YOU define viability?
The same way everyone else does....

Quote:
Do premature babies qualify as viable if they can't live on own their own without months of medical intervention all hooked up to tubes and machines? I have a friend whose grandchild is in that situation and the hospital bill is nearly a half million dollars. And he is no where near ready to come home.
Would your friend rather have their grandchild be dead?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

My right to decide whether or not I want to give birth trumps all.
You then support abortion on demand up to the moment of birth correct?

Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You then support abortion on demand up to the moment of birth correct?

I support abortion on demand (government paid, as well as the rest of healthcare), up to the point where a child can survive on its own with no artificial means. (breathing tubes, etc.)

Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 PM

Planned Parenthood founders were big supporters of eugenics I do believe.

I like it when the mask of 'caring' slips off those who support abortion.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL...I imagine so,you aren't the one being killed....

Interesting that you think it better that women be denied gov. funds to have an abortion rather than restrict abortion to the first trimester,when supposedly most abortions occur anyway.

Guess the right to kill your baby trumps all....
Quote:
Many great people have been brought into life in poverty, nice that you want to kill them because their parents are poor
I was responding to someone who assumed I would not want to be aborted.

I would rather be aborted than be forced into a world where even my own mother does not want me.

I would rather be aborted than be brought into a life of poverty and misery.

I would rather be aborted than be brought into this world with disabilities.

You assume that all aborted fetuses would prefer being born no matter what..........that is not the case.

Where did I say I wanted to force anyone to abort, rich or poor?

I want each, individual woman to have the right to decide whether or not she wants to abort, no more, no less.

YOU are the one who wants to force YOUR beliefs on others......not me.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
That's just the point. People who allegedly care so much about women's health can spend their time monitoring CPCs but somehow this cesspool flies under their radar for years.

you seriously can't want woman's health care providers to spend their time doing police work and just skip health issues all together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies