Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is homophobia just as bad as racism?
Yes 93 55.69%
No 68 40.72%
Not sure 6 3.59%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:00 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,504,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Apparently you very much are because you, along with millions of other gays don't understand what homophobic actually means... you also use it against people who do understand what it truly means and they laugh at your ignorance.
You, a straight person, is supposed to know more about homophobia then a gay person? Straights think they know so much, yet they are ignorant of what is right in front of them. It is you that is ignorant and ignoring a glaring fact and that is that it is OK for people to discriminate against gays and lesbians, yet it is no longer OK to discriminate against a person for the color of their skin or their sex. But one can discriminate base on sexuality. I laugh at your utter blindness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,504,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
See you are even more confused, I have never read any book against Homosexuals I base my opinion on common sense not some black birds and gut worms or nut cases at the APA.
you see the difference in us is I feel you are free to have your opinion and i wont get mad because you do I am not trying to tell you what to believe where as you are.
I am not telling you what to believe, but to keep your belief to yourself and not make laws based on it. Nut cases at the APA, it is more like the nut cases are the people who claim the APA is slanted. Who ever mentioned anything about reading a book. Boy you read things people do not write, then claim they wrote it. I do not have a mental illness nor am I confused. The confusion lies with those that believe in a fairy tale book that is over 2000 years old.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,367,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I am not telling you what to believe, but to keep your belief to yourself and not make laws based on it. Nut cases at the APA, it is more like the nut cases are the people who claim the APA is slanted. Who ever mentioned anything about reading a book. Boy you read things people do not write, then claim they wrote it. I do not have a mental illness nor am I confused. The confusion lies with those that believe in a fairy tale book that is over 2000 years old.
"TheDragonslayer;18307070] it is you that is mentally confused by a bigoted antiquated book."

That would be the Book you wrote about are you confused again? and I'm not your Boy. Your mentioning a book again oh wow your a mess you say you didn't then turn around and do it again, and I'll say it once more I read no book that said anything agianst Homosexuals, you continue to fail.

Again you try to push your will on me by telling me to keep my beliefs to myself? Hah Who do you think you are? more proof of your mental confusion
Like i always say, your free to your opinion. I'm not trying to tell you what to believe.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,174,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of people seem to compare homophobia to racism. Explain why some would think so.

Do you think homophobia is bad as racism or worse?
Define homophobia?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,061,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Apparently you very much are because you, along with millions of other gays don't understand what homophobic actually means... you also use it against people who do understand what it truly means and they laugh at your ignorance.
Unless you are gay and have been a victim of homophobia you have no clue...none.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,076,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of people seem to compare homophobia to racism. Explain why some would think so.

Do you think homophobia is bad as racism or worse?
First of all, "homophobia" is a myth.

There's no such thing.

People may not like or understand gays, but "phobia" is not the right word.

It's not as if people are afraid of gays, even though they did sprout the AIDS epidemic.

I've seen more evidence of "heterophobia".

Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,174,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Unless you are gay and have been a victim of homophobia you have no clue...none.
My first principle was a lesbian. She absolutely hated men. I never had a moment of peace for 7 years. Does that mean I've been a victim of heterophobia?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,065,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Define homophobia?
Normal people who have rational fear or hatred of the LGBT community.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:15 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,065,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
First of all, "homophobia" is a myth.

There's no such thing.

People may not like or understand gays, but "phobia" is not the right word.

It's not as if people are afraid of gays, even though they did sprout the AIDS epidemic.

I've seen more evidence of "heterophobia".
Approximately 85% of those people are heterophobic, despite the fact that many try to convert straights into their world.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:18 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,061,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
My first principle was a lesbian. She absolutely hated men. I never had a moment of peace for 7 years. Does that mean I've been a victim of heterophobia?
"Heterophobia" is just an excuse to justify homophobia. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies