Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please

science shows that even lefthandedness is a deformity

science shows that lefthanded people have a higher risk of psychotic mental illnesses such as schizophrenia

the BRAIN is everything....GENES are everything

homosexuality is a NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER....just like aspergers, autism, etc
I guess we should ban the lefthanded, the schozophrenic, the bipolar, the depressed, and people with Aspergers from contracting civil marriages too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times
Quote:
evolution is proven???

SHOW ME the SOCIETIES of the MUTATIONS along the evolutionay process....bet you cant

evolution is a theory...just like any other religion
Wow. You win. That's right I can't show bacterium with the same genetic markers indicating that they are related develop resistance to drugs (survival of the fittest).

I can't show how we have many of the same genetic markers as apes. Nope can't do that.

Societies have not muted since they each society has sex with each other. Did you ever notice how skin color is a gradation? Part of the reason is because had sex with each other.

One aspect of speciation is distance. As humans, distance and isolation has never really been an issue, if you can go to a place...anyone else can (also, you can leave a place).

See, Darwin's finches displayed speciation due to their isolation over time as well as adapting towards their habitat.

Evolution is generally accepted as fact. See, many people have this weird notion that theory means guess. It's not a hypothesis.

Even you rely on evolution. A basis of medicine is understanding the genome and genetic diversity producing favorable traits so survival occurs. We try to be one step ahead of viruses and bacteria.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times
Quote:
oh please

science shows that even lefthandedness is a deformity

science shows that lefthanded people have a higher risk of psychotic mental illnesses such as schizophrenia

the BRAIN is everything....GENES are everything

homosexuality is a NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER....just like aspergers, autism, etc
Left handedness alone does not determine schizophrenia btw. There are other genetic and environmental components to be taken into consideration.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
If marriage is just a contract...why do you even care? Why not just get a lawyer and draw up a contract?

Still waiting for you to back up your assertion that God and the Bible are fictional, as well. Let me know when you have an argument.

Because there are rights and protections involved with being LEGALLY married that you cannot substitute with any other contract. Why do I care? Because I don't like inequality in our "land of the free", that's why. Why should I enjoy rights and benefits that are denied to someone else?

Oh, and I didn't make the assertion that God and the Bible are fiction, but I agree with whomever did.

I can't prove a negative - you show me proof that God *does* exist.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Which only shows that conservative publishers like to hold to tradition to keep Bible sales flowing. Doesn't prove their translations are accurate. There are plenty of differences between translations.

There are no more than 7 out of 37,000+ verses. And all of them relate to prostitution or pederasty.

Shakab is always used in the Bible when discussing sex, to refer to some situation involving non-consensual or deceptive sexual action. For example Gen 19:32 is talking about Lot's daughters getting him drunk and raping him, so they can have his babies.

Hebrew has numerous words that can mean sex and they have different meanings depending on use and context.

The English makes no distinction between the different Hebrew words.

On another point - if Leviticus prohibits every type of same-sex activity, why does it add the clause "as with a woman"? (in Hebrew, it literally means in beds of a woman).

Why doesn't it just say "thou shalt not have consensual sex with a man"?

A literal reading of that verse doesn't say a man can't sleep with a man, it merely says he can't do it in a woman's bed.

When we look at the full Hebrew, including the 2 different words meaning to lie, it literally means "A man shall not force or deceive another man to have sex, in beds of a woman. It is taboo."

And considering that verse is in the middle of 2 chapters devoted exclusively to pagan practices, including sacrificing to Molech and worshipping Caananite fertility goddesses, it's clearly referring to pagan sex rituals. Especially when we compare it to Deuteronomy, which reiterates most of Leviticus, and in Deut 23:17, warns the Israelites against becoming prostitutes.

If you think anything in Levticus is relevant to 21st Century Western society, you really need your head examined.
You're going a long way to cling to your false understanding of that.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,589 times
Quote:
Prove there is no God and the Bible is made up please. You made the assertion.
You ask the impossible, as a negative cannot be proven. But you'd better be careful as someone might ask you to prove there is a God, which is also impossible to prove. Belief in God really is based on faith.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
...why should you and your 'partner' get a tax break just because you are together...

Because a different group of citizens can. Period. To prevent one group of citizens from accessing rights/protections/benefits that are accessible to another group of citizens violates the equal protection clause.

I've asked Calvinist this multiple times and he hasn't answered, maybe you will. Can you name one other contract that two people would be denied based solely on the gender of the parties involved?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
If marriage is just a contract...why do you even care? Why not just get a lawyer and draw up a contract?
Because it really is simpler to ask the government to recognize their marriages. And that really is all they are asking for, government recognition which in turn makes it a legal union.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
You ask the impossible, as a negative cannot be proven. But you'd better be careful as someone might ask you to prove there is a God, which is also impossible to prove. Belief in God really is based on faith.
Can you name one thing in the universe that exists without a cause?

Can you account for the laws of logic existing without a creator?

Even the neo-atheist hero Dawkins concedes that life on earth is possibly a result of some super-alien creating it. Your little theories fall apart when examined in the real world with real logic.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You have my sympathies.

I tilt right but I have no problem with gay people. Not my thing, but its also none of my business. I have no problem with gay marriage, with some qualifications.
Could you tell us what those 'qualifications' might be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies