Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 07:22 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So why aren't gay people fighting for all people to have thse rights?

Why just gays get the rights and deny single hetereosexual these rights at the same time?
No gay is denying single heterosexuals any rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
When I was in school we learned self-esteem by working to get good grades. It meant we learned something.

That is the function of school. To learn kids things.

It's not to talk about sexual deviants.
Wow, sexual deviants. Show this to your Black, lesbian friend. See what she thinks...

Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

Oh, and I will never apologize for being Christian and following God's word in everything I do, so you can knock off making fun of me for being a Christian since you're just wasting your breath.
This is the problem. You are not following God's word, you're following what some preacher told you it means. If you want to actually educate yourself on the true meaning of the Bible's "gay clobber passages" join the thread in the Religion forum about gays. I posted a good article that explains Romans 1 quite well and why it doesn't refer to gays.

The Bible says nothing about gays Andrea. I don't know why you continue to pretend like you actually understand what it means, because it seems like you haven't actually read it or studied it.

Why should we offer you any respect when you refuse to research the issue from an unbiased perspective and admit your views may be wrong?

Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
And that makes the liberals right?

Funny, you are now saying what we conservatives have been saying this whole time...it is not we who have politicized the gay issue, it is liberals.
Well, that's not true here in Pennsylvania. There is a conservative group out in northwestern PA called the American Family Association of Pennsylvania that is out to overturn every local law and statute that includes gay folks in protection from employment discrimination, or equal rights to housing, health care, education, etc. It's run by this hideously bigoted woman named Diane Gramley. They seem obsessed with Gays and Lesbians.

They are to politics what the Westboro Baptist Church is to religion.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Read up on the history of the gay movement. It wasn't conservatives who turned the "gay rights" issue into a political free-for-all. Conservatives were reacting to the actions of the gays and their supporters as they began demanding special protections for gays.

1. The Stonewall Uprising of 1969 was a result of gays and lesbians being arrested and taken to jail when a gay bar was raided because it was not paying bribes to the local police precinct.

2. EQUAL RIGHTS are not "special protections." Gay people are asking for equality and justice ... not special privileges.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Wow, sexual deviants. Show this to your Black, lesbian friend. See what she thinks...
Good point. It's like saying, "I think Asian people are all stupid, but I had a conversation with one the other day and didn't even mention my bigotry to him. I deserve a cookie!"

Old 04-25-2011, 12:57 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,291,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This is the problem. You are not following God's word, you're following what some preacher told you it means. If you want to actually educate yourself on the true meaning of the Bible's "gay clobber passages" join the thread in the Religion forum about gays. I posted a good article that explains Romans 1 quite well and why it doesn't refer to gays.

The Bible says nothing about gays Andrea. I don't know why you continue to pretend like you actually understand what it means, because it seems like you haven't actually read it or studied it.

Why should we offer you any respect when you refuse to research the issue from an unbiased perspective and admit your views may be wrong?

Does that mean your Bible doesn't have Leviticus 20:13 in it? Seems fairly clear to me that God doesn't tolerate that lifestyle.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:45 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Does that mean your Bible doesn't have Leviticus 20:13 in it? Seems fairly clear to me that God doesn't tolerate that lifestyle.
Male temple prostitution? Yes you are right.

But what does that have to do with gays and lesbians?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
No gay is denying single heterosexuals any rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBestYall View Post
Yes they are. All the time.
How?

Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBestYall View Post
Yawn. It doesn't matter what someone says. If they don't agree witht the liberal talking points they are a bigot.

It gets kinda boring. You all should come up with a new routine.

All I ever said on here was I don't think the schools should be teaching about sex. And look at all the names I have been called. And you all have the termerity to talk about tolerance. LOLS.
Yawn. Same, tired old rebuttal. Someone points out that your view is bigoted and now you're a victim of intolerance from people who support tolerance.

Yawn. Yawn. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You can have all the opinions you want. No one's stopping you. No one's infringing on your rights (despite your claims to the contrary). There are no institutional barriers restricting you from equal opportunity. Many people thought blacks should remain property, but that didn't make their opinion right or those who disagreed "intolerant".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies