Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:51 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Nobody would mind proving it, most seniors over 65+ do not have ID cards if they do not drive, no, illegals were not mentioned in that post from the link provided, if I would have mentioned illegals people would assume I was for illegals votings which I am not.
We can thank the employers who hire them for that.
I think you mean we can thank the government for letting them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again
You do not have to buy a state ID.
What do you show when they ask for ID if you don't have any ?
The chances are pretty slim that "many" don't have ID's.

I'm for the ID's for voting. Too much fraud and corruption going on.
It's a one time trip to the DMV to get the ID.

DHS/TSA demand ID's to fly and now ride the train.
Banks demand ID's to cash a check.
Stores ask for ID's when using credit/debit cards (not all though).

I would imagine there are very few people that don't have ID's and are probably living on a cash basis and don't travel.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Your local county social services department also issue ID cards to those that don't have a driver's license.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Alot of seniors do not have state issued ID cards, do you think all of the seniors have state ID cards, are they really freely issued now? I think my mother has to pay every 4 yrs or so.

What if you don't smoke or drink alcohol? I don't think our seniors have the intent to commit fraud, I can just see it now, political parties driving our millions of seniors to the DMV to get their ID cards

What if???

What if your ID was your voter registration. If you wanted to vote bad enough, you would have it, just like registering to vote.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
If you can't be arsed to do something as simple as getting an ID so you can exercise the most important responsibility as a citizen in a democratic society, you probably shouldn't be participating in a democracy anyway.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Give us an example of a race in recent history that was swung by liberal voter fraud. I don't know of any. You can speculate, but anybody can do that. It doesn't prove anything.

2010 Mid terms in Nevada. Voter fraud has been found, with thousands of illegal alien parasites, voted.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,197 times
Quote:
This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again

Voting rights advocates note that there are large numbers of people who do not have the state-issued photo ID the bill requires. According to a recent University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study, those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one under the new Voter ID bill include:
* 23 percent of Wisconsinites over the age of 65.
* 17 percent of white men and women.
* 55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

What would this add up to with the whole country?

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Wisconsin voter ID bill slammed as vote suppression » peoplesworld

http://fairelectionsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-voter-id-update-wi-fl-rachel.html

Good gosh, what a load of CRAP. The clear-cut reason for pushing no ID for one of the most important duties as a citizen is FRAUD, pure and simple. ANYONE that pushes for this garbage is a criminal, pure and simple. I've never heard such lame excuses in my entire freaking life. Get real people.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Your local county social services department also issue ID cards to those that don't have a driver's license.

This has been the device illegal aliens use to commit voter fraud. A utility bill is all that is needed.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Don't you need a government-issued photo ID to register for voting anyway?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

and when you walk into the voter area..how are they supposed to know WHO you are, and WHAT district you belong to..with out a id???

why wouldnt you have a picture id...they are FREE at you local DMV

why wouldnt you have a picture id????..they are REQUIRED for air travel......they are required for alchohol and cigarette purchaces.......even to get a library card you must show a picture id and proof of residency that you live in that libraries district

this is a fine example of how liberals commit voter FRAUD...

as they say vote early, and vote as often as you can, in as may districts as you can
Exactly!!

All this blubbering because the demwits are realizing they are not going to win without resorting to fraud - probably like they did in the last election. Thank goodness the conservatives have exposed organizations like ACORN for the fraudulent mess that they are.

Voter ID's should absolutely be required. If someone is too lazy to get a free id card, then they should not be allowed to vote. Voting is a serious process in which the outcome effects everyone....take it seriously and treat it with respect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies