Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Most seniors already have a voters card and have had them for over 50 yrs.
Great. And now they can bring their state-issued ID card along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 04:03 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Yeah... This is the 21st century. Welcome to the U.S. Play hard or go ohome. Get a grip.

I show my driver's license along with my voter registration every time I vote. They just wave it off... 'We don't need that'. We now have a voter ID law and I can hardly wait for Nov '12.

And hey, how'd they get a voter registration but aren't able to get an ID? How that those social security checks? Maybe ACORN can help them out a bit.
AND HEY, they got their voters registration 50 -60 yrs ago without a photo ID, you don't need a photo ID to receive SS & Medicare

Not all voter ID laws are the same in all states, you get a grip

http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/....laws.6.08.pdf

Old 05-22-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You can't register to vote without an ID, you shouldn't be able to vote without an ID. Democrats push to cover the cost of every aspect of the lives of their base voters but when it comes to voting ID they act as if it would cost too much. Voting ID and voting security is one of the things I have no problem spending my tax dollars on because the lack of voting security leads to fraud and corruption no matter what side it's on.
You can't blame just the democrats blame both parties, take a look at HAVA, The Election assistant committee etc., they rec'd funds then it wasn't active no directors of something like that, now what, its active, it's taken years for anyone to come to a decision.

With all the pro's and con's, most here are in favor of showing a state issued photo ID to vote, if you were born in 1925 or are 70-80-90 yrs of age you should have a photo ID or you cannot vote. I don't think the % of illegal aliens are that high for that age group.

So most of your are saying all their older grandparents and some parents have a state issued photo ID? I don't mean a drivers license.

After the 911 disaster and the problem with illegal aliens and terrorist living here, a decision should have been made years ago, voter ID card, or voter ID & DL or a DL voter card with all your numbers, where you vote, what party, all on one card.

This could be done with your DL or State issued ID when you renew it, not start it up now, whoever is on these committee's do not think

Look at what the person in MD needed, a ton of information to vote.

All of this starting again before elections, our recent election in my area, I did not need to show anything, no voter card, no DL.

Do a search, disagreements/fraud voting with certain states.

We may as well have a chip implanted to prove citizenship & or to vote, maybe at birth now, oh it will come to that, as long as the parties keep ranting along with people it will become acceptable not now but down the road.

Voter Identification Laws: Debatabase - Debate Topics and Debate Motions

http://www.aoa.gov/agingstatsdotnet/...opulation.aspx

ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Uni..._controversies

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyischamp View Post
god forbid you need to show an id to vote.

this thread is hilarious and the OP disgusts me. she is no friend to the united states of America.

i guarantee her parents spit on US soldiers and called them baby killers.
People like you are the problem, who are you to judge me, were you even in the military? I doubt it or you would have surely mentioned it.

My father was a marine, I lost 3 uncles in WWII, my aunt was in the army a nurse.

The nerve to talk about ones parents, you are a completely out of line & out of your mind

Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
So most of your are saying all their older grandparents and some parents have a state issued photo ID? I don't mean a drivers license.
Why the distinction? A drivers license is a state-issued photo ID. Yes, my parents have one. So do both of my living grandparents.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. I'm in my 40's, and I'm required to show ID to vote. Why would seniors be exempt?

Furthermore, this has already been upheld by the US Supreme Court, as long as the states make free ID available to their citizens for voting purposes..

I'm not at all shocked to see you link to rachel maddow though, to make your argument, considering she's often wrong on EVERYTHING..
Um...exactly in your 40's born around 1971 not in 1935 a bit different, I'm not at all shocked with your post.

Last edited by rural lady; 05-22-2011 at 06:36 AM..

Old 05-22-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
rural lady are you one of those fat white ladies who watch oprah?
You have been reported.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Exactly.
And I don't believe for a second that seniors don't have identification.
Some do not have a state issued photo ID, how hard is this to understand

Old 05-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
im convinced this dishonest rural lady works for obama pr guys. ignore her maybe she will go away.
Yeah, right, try looking online for info.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:24 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
How can it possibly be a bad thing to make sure people are eligible to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies